bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Beast of Rev 13  (Read 4890 times)

Nelson

The Beast of Rev 13
« on: July 10, 2014, 09:17:07 AM »

Is is possible that the 7 heads in Revelation13(The 1st beast) represent the following

1)Proud look-how would one explain what a proud look is?
2)Lying tongue
3)hands that shedding innocent blood
4)heart crafting evil plans
5)feet running swiftly to wickedness
6)Dishonest witness speaking lies
7)Someone sowing quarrels between brothers

I got this from Proverbs 6:16

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The Beast of Rev 13
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:28:30 PM »

I don't know the answer to your question but it's an interesting observation.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Nelson

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 09:15:16 AM »

Year largeli

I cud certainly say that before God brought the truth to me the beast making its home in me had these 7 qualities that God hates.and I certainly had the feet like a bear and mouth like a lion trying to devour the lord's elect.I really think we(beasts) had this b4 the truth came

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:15:25 PM »

Interesting indeed Nelson. Thanks for sharing. I'm curious to see if anyone else more learned in revelations and the beast has any input. I understand the basics of it but I've never done an in depth study of the matter.

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

John from Kentucky

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »

The first post above is a false teaching.

The Scriptures teach that we must have at least two witnesses to establish a scriptural truth.

If anyone is truly interested in learning some basic and elementary scriptural truths, then please take the time to read the attached article from Ray.  Especially note items 6 & 7 regarding how to establish a scriptural truth.

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »

The first post above is a false teaching.

The Scriptures teach that we must have at least two witnesses to establish a scriptural truth.

If anyone is truly interested in learning some basic and elementary scriptural truths, then please take the time to read the attached article from Ray.  Especially note items 6 & 7 regarding how to establish a scriptural truth.

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

Good point John. We need two witnesses. Maybe there is a second to such an idea? As I said, I never went into great depths on this particular point of scripture. I understood though that the men themselves are beasts. ;)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 09:29:32 PM »

Well if you look over to Revelation 17 it gives the answer to what it is speaking of there is chapter 13. But just like it is all symbolized in 13, the answers are also in symbolic language in 17. There are a few hints in 17 though and they indicates that this may be speaking from a future perspective, the first verse gives you the time frame.

Rev 17:1  Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, "Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters,

It seems this was probably a vision of the future, because verse 3 says John was "carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness." Also verse 8 indicated that it is speaking of the next age because the angel tells John, the beast that you saw was (the beast rules in this present age) and is not (it will not reign when Christ is ruling in the next age).

Rev 17:8  The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Reading that chapter from this perspective helps a lot to better understand what it's talking about. The seven heads - mountains - kings on the beast seems to be different eras of this world, throughout the ages as this chapter speaks of all ages of the beast. Verse 10 even speaks of the one (beast) that "has not yet come" that will return for "a little while" at the end of the next age (2nd witness Rev 20:3), "until the words of God are fulfilled" (v. 17).

Hope that's not too confusing, it's just my take on it anyway.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:50:27 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 11:30:41 AM »

I personally wouldn't class it as a 'false teaching' because I wouldn't classify it as a 'teaching' at all.  Preaching?  Maybe a better description.

There are other lists that number other than seven.  The "big three" as far as I'm concerned are the "lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life" which encompass this list and then some.  Could it be that even the 'seven' is 'signified'?  Yeah, I think so.

Surely it's of more value to see these things in ourselves than to create a 'doctrine' around such a list  Sometimes the desire to 'create a doctrine' is a result of this list, and results in the promulgation of this list.

There are lot of things I 'see' in Scripture that do not rise to the level of 'doctrine'.  In most cases, these things are just for me.  Other scripture may carry the same spiritual message, but be more tailor-made for others.  A TRUTH is established by two or more witnesses.  The sum of His word is truth.

I'm going to lock the thread, not as punishment.  The topic itself is not 'off-limits', but let's be careful how we approach it. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.