bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another one of these threads again...  (Read 6455 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Another one of these threads again...
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:13:11 PM »

SIGH. Hating the flesh. Completely discouraged because there appears to be no end in sight to its lusts and hold over me.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just need to vent.

Total hypocrite here, there is no denying or hiding that. I love the Lord with all my heart and want to follow Him and apparently my flesh as well.

I always feel like I'm alone in this struggle even though In my mind I know the other men struggle to. Help me out guys... tell me of your suffering please.......... this old man won't seem to die.

I feel like this is my biggest weakness. Everyone has their own, addiction, anger, depression, lust of the eyes, pride of life etc... mine appears to be the lust of the flesh. It could be because I'm in my mid 20's but common this isn't fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why? Why must we have such raging hormones? Its not fair :((((((((((((((((((((((

Sigh, okay i'm done ranting. Feel free to rant with me or pitty me or slap me across the face and tell me to keep going forward. I welcome all of it.

With hypocrisy in Christ,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Nelson

Re: Another one of these threads again...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 05:03:18 PM »

yeah that's the problem with US youngans,especially when u have money.I can relate.
This 1 is a big problem have to say!-adultry-looking at a woman with lust-This is King of the sins and all other sins could possibly bow down to this one.

Reminds me of ray speakin abt sum1(4got where nd who) who slept with 200 woman.do u remember readin somethin like that lili?

Don't worry we'll get to our 40's or 50's and look back and count our winnings

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »

yeah that's the problem with US youngans,especially when u have money.I can relate.
This 1 is a big problem have to say!-adultry-looking at a woman with lust-This is King of the sins and all other sins could possibly bow down to this one.

Reminds me of ray speakin abt sum1(4got where nd who) who slept with 200 woman.do u remember readin somethin like that lili?

Don't worry we'll get to our 40's or 50's and look back and count our winnings

Completely relate to "King of sins" comment. I've never had the urge to steal, my anger is by the Grace of God fairly mild and I am slow to it. I am fairly hopeful in all things because of Christ's Faith and I don't struggle with any addictions. But the lust of the flesh... this beast will ravage a saint till there is nothing left of him. The temple has been and will be desecrated time after time and yet it is not the beasts temple to do with as he pleases.

I don't remember that specific comment by ray but I do know I emailed ray once upon a time back way back when. It was about my inability to conquer this capricious behavior.

The beast loves living in his groundhog day of paradise. Its Deja vu on a regular basis. hah!

Thanks for chiming in nelson, misory loves company! ;) Haha.. just kidding, i'm not miserable, just reminded often of my inabilities and short comings.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:28:24 AM »

Ray said that about Garner Ted Armstrong in his study "Do James and Paul Contradict?" Of course, I've had well over that amount in my heart, so who am I to judge him?

Alex, remember one of your favorite verses: "For a righteous man falls seven times...."

AlsO: "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6. We cannot finish what God started in us---it will only happen in His timing, by His mercy.

I don't mean to discourage you, but I'm 30 years old and there's no end in sight for me either...but I know that Jesus Christ will triumph in the end. Our culture strives in vain to hold on to the beauty and vigor of youth---I, for one, am not afraid of getting old and seeing these lusts of the flesh die.  8)

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:59:11 PM »

All I can say is your in good company.  I see these stupid testosterone ad's for the guys over 50 and they talk up all the benefits.  I say they're a bunch of idiots.  For one, I'm glad with declining testosterone and it's as God designed it.  I think it's his way of taking it easy on the older guys after they went through the struggles of youth.  I wish I could say that 'I' conquered this on my own but in truth the drives diminish as you get a little older so there is no room for boasting.  There is no way to short cut this it's simply something you have to walk through and for most of us God doesn't miraculously deliver us from this.  We simply have to walk it out.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »

Ray said that about Garner Ted Armstrong in his study "Do James and Paul Contradict?" Of course, I've had well over that amount in my heart, so who am I to judge him?

Alex, remember one of your favorite verses: "For a righteous man falls seven times...."

AlsO: "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6. We cannot finish what God started in us---it will only happen in His timing, by His mercy.

I don't mean to discourage you, but I'm 30 years old and there's no end in sight for me either...but I know that Jesus Christ will triumph in the end. Our culture strives in vain to hold on to the beauty and vigor of youth---I, for one, am not afraid of getting old and seeing these lusts of the flesh die.  8)

Dear brother Jesse,

Have i told you I adore you so? I actually thought of that verse after posting this yesterday. It came to mind and it made me want to search out the scriptures more for verses of the same sort. Do you know of any others like it?

You do not discourage me, in fact, it is always encouraging to know that I am not alone even if I know it. Hearing it from another brother means so much more.

God bless,
Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 07:43:57 PM »

All I can say is your in good company.  I see these stupid testosterone ad's for the guys over 50 and they talk up all the benefits.  I say they're a bunch of idiots.  For one, I'm glad with declining testosterone and it's as God designed it.  I think it's his way of taking it easy on the older guys after they went through the struggles of youth.  I wish I could say that 'I' conquered this on my own but in truth the drives diminish as you get a little older so there is no room for boasting.  There is no way to short cut this it's simply something you have to walk through and for most of us God doesn't miraculously deliver us from this.  We simply have to walk it out.

Thank you Arion. I agree, they are blind to something vast and great. I wouldn't trade any of the blessings that have been bestowed on me for the benefits that come with their ignorance. No thank you! I'm walking it out brother, right behind you!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »

Alex, I'm asking you this not to scold or preach.  I promise I won't do either one however you answer.

With what you've learned at B-T, what does this mean to you?

"For by grace you are saved, through faith..."
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Extol

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »

I love you too, Alex!  8)  Here's another great passage:

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me. The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.  Psalm 138:7-8.

David was a man of war and wrote often about his enemies. But our battles are spiritual; with passages like this from the Old Testament, I like to think of "enemies" as sins, or the Beast. The wrath of the Beast is great indeed, but the Lord's right hand will save us. He has started a work in us, and He will not forsake the word of His hands.

Kat

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »

Hi Alex,

I certainly can't help the struggle you're having, probably can't really even understand it. But I thought I could maybe give you a little bit different way of looking at this.

You could say God made humans in 2 distinct segments, man and woman and I think they make up 2 parts of a whole... well mentally speaking. As a man has one way of thinking and women do seem to think somewhat differently. So when you put these 2 different minds together to reason, discuss, consider and come to a decision and you can come to a better answer. Isn't that what marriage should be?

But more to the point of what you were speaking of, there can be just one to be leader and head, to have the final say. God gives the man this position of authority, this place of, well superiority. Now having given the man such a lofty place and with his carnality every reason to be proud and haughty with it... so does God also give the man a counter balance of sorts? Maybe all the testosterone is a driving force giving man a desire for the woman to the point that it overrides his conceit in being over her?

Makes me think it's almost like 'a thorn in the flesh' for the man to humble him...

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 06:54:08 PM by Kat »

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 03:46:12 PM »

Alex:

It's all part of the painful humbling process. I'm 48 years old, and I have to take Axiron testosterone for medical reasons, as my T levels are very low, and I'm left with very little energy or strength otherwise. One of the side effects is increasing libido, and the Lord is causing me to deal with that. The Lords will be done. We are learning righteousness by having this experience of good and evil, which He intended. The beast within us is exceeding strong, but Jesus prays to the Father that our faith, which is His faith working in us, would not fail, and it won't.  This strange work which they are working in us, is all about Them.

Dean

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 03:49:37 PM »

Alex, I'm asking you this not to scold or preach.  I promise I won't do either one however you answer.

With what you've learned at B-T, what does this mean to you?

"For by grace you are saved, through faith..."

Well Dave, thank you for the question.

Saved by Grace through Faith. I think, personally, it means that the faith which is a gift, as it is the faith of Christ in us, is the channel through which God pours out His Spirit. This spirit is His Grace, His divine influence upon our hearts. His benevolence towards us. A downpayment and promise towards the future redemption of the purchase. All this is part of the process of God saving us, chastening us, teaching us, transforming us into the image of His Son. That ultimately we may be like Him. That's what I see when I see that verse. Feel free to agree, disagree. I'm curious what you have to add.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 04:03:08 PM »

I love you too, Alex!  8)  Here's another great passage:

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me. The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.  Psalm 138:7-8.

David was a man of war and wrote often about his enemies. But our battles are spiritual; with passages like this from the Old Testament, I like to think of "enemies" as sins, or the Beast. The wrath of the Beast is great indeed, but the Lord's right hand will save us. He has started a work in us, and He will not forsake the word of His hands.

Thank you dear brother. You're absolutely right. In my heart I know its true too. This is all much needed therapy for my wounded soul and guilty conscious! ;)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 04:09:09 PM »

Alex:

It's all part of the painful humbling process. I'm 48 years old, and I have to take Axiron testosterone for medical reasons, as my T levels are very low, and I'm left with very little energy or strength otherwise. One of the side effects is increasing libido, and the Lord is causing me to deal with that. The Lords will be done. We are learning righteousness by having this experience of good and evil, which He intended. The beast within us is exceeding strong, but Jesus prays to the Father that our faith, which is His faith working in us, would not fail, and it won't.  This strange work which they are working in us, is all about Them.

Dean

Dean, what great words of wisdom. Remembering that Christ is beseeching the Father on our behalf. That our Faith would not fail. Wow, talk about humbling and powerful. Thank you brother. I'm sorry to hear about your continued struggle and know that I will add my voice of support with Christ's for you.

Love,
Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »

Hi Alex,

I certainly can't help the struggle you're having, probably can't really even understand it. But I thought I could maybe give you a little bit different way of looking at this.

You could say God made humans in 2 distinct segments, man and woman and I think they make up 2 parts of a whole... well mentally speaking. As a man has one way of thinking and women do seem to think somewhat differently. So when you put these 2 different minds together to reason, discuss, consider and come to a decision and you can come to a better answer. Isn't that what marriage should be?

But more to the point of what you were speaking of, there can be just one to be leader and head, to have the final say. God gives the man this position of authority, this place of, well superiority. Now having given the man such a lofty place and with his carnality every reason to be proud and haughty with it... so does God also give the man a counter balance of sorts? Maybe all the testosterone is a driving force giving man a desire for the woman to the point that it overrides his conceit in being above her?

Makes me think it's almost like 'a thorn in the flesh' for the man to humble him...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat, you always have such great wisdom and perspective to share. I really appreciate your contribution to this thread and what you have said here. Its hard to consider myself the leader of anything because at times I can't help but feel like I act the fool. With stupidity abounding. It is, perhaps, indeed a very thorn in the flesh to maintain our humility that none may boast before Him or glory in the flesh. Albeit, it is humbling and so very humiliating. I guess its a good thing that it is this way because I probably would not see the beast within if he weren't so powerful and overtly aggressive.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 07:20:54 PM »

I'm 48 years old, and I have to take Axiron testosterone for medical reasons, as my T levels are very low, and I'm left with very little energy or strength otherwise.

BTW...

Didn't mean to imply that I think that everyone who takes the supplements are idiots.  I know there are people that have their hormones out of whack for one reason or another and they can be beneficial to bring you up to where your supposed to be. 

I'm referring to the advertisements to try to get guys in their 50's and 60's to take these drugs to leave them with the impression they can 'perform' like they are 18 years old again.  In some ways it's a pain to get older and in other ways it's beneficial.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 09:53:08 PM »

I'm 48 years old, and I have to take Axiron testosterone for medical reasons, as my T levels are very low, and I'm left with very little energy or strength otherwise.

BTW...

Didn't mean to imply that I think that everyone who takes the supplements are idiots.  I know there are people that have their hormones out of whack for one reason or another and they can be beneficial to bring you up to where your supposed to be. 

I'm referring to the advertisements to try to get guys in their 50's and 60's to take these drugs to leave them with the impression they can 'perform' like they are 18 years old again.  In some ways it's a pain to get older and in other ways it's beneficial.

Looks like I'm running out of years to lust after women, better make the best of my time now  ;D

Rhys
🤫

Patric

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 12:59:49 AM »

I edited this and wanted to include an part from one of Ray's teachings on the physical before the spiritual of Twelve God-Given Truths paper.....

God willfully, wantingly, knowingly, purposely, and wisely, created mankind "subject to vanity," subject to failure, but beyond the failure, God also subjects the same in "hope." Once again, contrary to all orthodox doctrine, there is hope for all of God’s carnal-minded, God-hating people on planet Earth. God Himself says so, in the same breath: "because the creature itself [the same creation that God subjects to vanity, futility, failure, and carnal-minded hatred against God] also shall be [ah, did you catch that? ‘shall be’], delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God" (Rom. 8:21). Do you believe the Scriptures? Really—what about this one?

And so God, "made the creature subject to vanity"—failure, but later in mankind’s development, the creature "shall be"— [future tense]… shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption." Ah yes, God created them in a condition of "bondage" and "corruption," and therefore not "immortal" as is taught, but rather in "bondage of corruption." But thanks to God, in the resurrection of the dead, ‘…this corruption must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality’ (I Cor. 15:54).

Yes, of course, first comes the PHYSICAL (death), and then the SPIRITUAL (life). There it is—the hope of all humanity. Corruption and mortality (the physical first) must put on incorruption and immortality [the afterward spiritual).

I think we spend too much time denying the physical being that we all are. Animals have it....humankind has it.....why do we put such a negative spin or sin upon a natural desire to procreate or lust? If animals did not have it there would be no continuation of any species....and if our humanity did not have it....the same would be true. Humanity as we all know and through the scriptures have put something of an evil doctrine into our sexuality! What I have learned about most of humanity is that we most times over indulge or do not simply hunt for need, or sex for procreation. We do things for pleasure and our sinful nature brings us to corrupt a thing. Anything! All things were  created by our Father. Having eaten from the tree we are now aware of our actions....weather good or evil. This also gives the ability to do both good and evil. At what point does our sexuality, or desire to have sexual relations become evil? I know what the scriptures say, yet most of Religious groups and 99.75436% of Christianity find sex bad and or evil! As ray would say this is a an oxymoron.....a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. A contradiction! Most of this is about control and putting fear into the hearts of men and women. Power, money, corruption, etc etc etc. To be a leader in the early movement when the Gospels and letters were written, one had to be the husband of but one wife! Which meant obviously men and women were having over indulgence with marriage and sex. Lets consider David. A skirt chaser if you you will and his son: Solomon....the ultimate man with wives' and concubines. Some 1000 women were in his palace and either his wives or pledged in marriage. Imagine being number 673 and you may or may get to sleep with him for a 2 years or so if he had one a night....(who knows what the practices were but obviously.....he wanted them all) Over indulgence? Each man that sleeps with a woman, she would become his wife. It was not simply a ceremony or a piece of paper or a legal binding it was a covenant. All covenants are made in blood. When a woman is a virgin she would bleed and both man and woman would be covered in blood and a covenant. This is marriage and what sex was intended to be. I tell my brothers that every woman they have had sexual relations with are indeed their wives! Few agree with me but even more do not agree with our Father. Which is where we sin. To me the over indulgence or even the under appreciation for something created for our humanity is where we fall short, or miss the mark. Sin. As you all know we are forgiven in Christ, and we will all be changed and made into his Spiritual image.....which is of course that of Christ. We will all become what God has intended. I wish the shame and tears and haughty nature of humanity could be humbled by the word while in the flesh. We all are aware that this will happen. But not how we think it will happen. Not in our time or our conceived perceptions of repentance. Ray has opened our eyes and ears as well as our dead spirits as to these deeper meanings on such topics. Alex I am 45 and still a virgin yet I too have fallen into this lust and sin......though not in body but in mind and spirit. WE will all be changed into his Spiritual image.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:03:38 AM by Patric »

jopie

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 05:43:17 PM »

I don't mean to discourage you, but I'm 30 years old and there's no end in sight for me either...but I know that Jesus Christ will in the end. Our culture strives in vain to hold on to the beauty and vigor of youth---I, for one, am not afraid of getting old and seeing these lusts of the flesh die. 

I think some of us have to come to the point in our lives that our body says enough, I am in my mid 60's and feel it's coming, my feet just don't touch the floor anymore, the struggle comes to an end, not because I try so hard  but because my body says "I can't do it any more. Just look at  King David's resume and he  was a man after God's own hard.
 Take courage Alex, all will be well.
john.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.