bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Not/Be Not  (Read 2607 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Do Not/Be Not
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:06:47 PM »

A while back, I was thinking about the 'doing' of the word and thought I'd look up New Testament references concerning what NOT to do, seeing that there is a lot  about what not to do/how not to be.  The basic tenor and tone of these struck me.

Those who understand, remember two things:
1.  Not all these verses are complete thoughts.
2.  No Scripture is its own interpretation.

Also, this is not a complete 'list', though it may be a worthwhile thing to do to compile one.  That may not be the best way to 'do' bible-study, but I found it to be an inspiring overview.

Anyways, here's what I have.  Feel free to add verses that tell us what NOT to do/be.

Mat 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Joh 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

Col 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

Jas 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mat 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Mat 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mat 17:7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Mat 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Mat 28:10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

Mar 5:36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

Luk 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

Luk 21:8-9 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.  But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

Joh 6:20 But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Act 18:9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

1Co 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Eph 5:6-7 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.  Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Eph 5:17-18 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.  And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

2Th 2:2-4 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2Th 3:13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

1Ti 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

2Ti 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Heb 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

2Pe 3:8,9 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

Re: Do Not/Be Not
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »

Shall not/should not

Mat 6:5  And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward.

Mat 19:17  And He said to him, Why do you call Me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
v. 18  He said to Him, Which? Jesus said, You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness,

Mat 20:25  But Jesus called them and said, You know that the rulers of the nations exercise dominion over them, and they who are great exercise authority over them.
v. 26  However, it shall not be so among you. But whoever desires to be great among you, let him be your servant.

Luke 6:37  Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven.

Luke 4:4  And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written that "man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word of God."

Luke 4:12  And Jesus answering said to him, It has been said, "You shall not tempt the Lord your God."

Acts 23:5  Then Paul said, I did not know, brothers, that he was the high priest; for it is written, "You shall not speak evil of the ruler of your people."

1Co 10:6  And these things were our examples, that we should not be lusters after evil, as they also lusted.

2Co 1:9  But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, so that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead;
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.