bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you guys think about this.....Abortion !!  (Read 13105 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
What do you guys think about this.....Abortion !!
« on: July 17, 2014, 07:19:26 AM »

lareli

Re: What do you guys think about this.....Abortion !!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »

what is sad about it?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lareli

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »

I didn't mean to sound insensitive. It is sad. I think I just likened it to someone dieing in their sleep peacefully. But I don't think everyone agrees with that and I don't think I've givin it enough thought.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 11:47:15 PM »

abortion,

It is not only what your sins do to others, the babies, it is mostly what your sins do to you.

Indiana Bob

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:04:24 AM »

I didn't mean to sound insensitive. It is sad. I think I just likened it to someone dieing in their sleep peacefully.

With the D&C method of abortion the living baby is cut up alive and dismembered in the womb.  With the saline method the baby is chemically burned alive in the womb with salt solution.  It is not a peaceful death at all for the baby.  There will be an accounting for such actions.  Yes, it's part of God's plan and purpose and many of the mothers have been kept ignorant of exactly what is being done to their baby.  The nazi's killed six million jews during the holocaust.  That is a drop in the bucket compared to how many babies we've aborted since Roe v. Wade.  As Ray indicated in his towers teaching there is a recompense still to come in America.

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 04:49:05 PM »

and there will be a price to pay for your judgements.

claudia

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 08:51:07 AM »

and there will be a price to pay for your judgements.

claudia

I'm not judging any person in particular Claudia.  That is between them and God.  Are we not to lift our voices on high to speak out against the evils of our day?  If we are not then that is a departure from what God has instructed his servants to do in the past.  I can pull out the scriptures but I think we're all familiar with them.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:35:32 AM by Arion »

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 06:52:33 AM »

Hi,

When you have a lose and have a lost child then you may think very differently ,

we have 3  children who have grown up and have thier own kids  allso  with in family there was a lose due to comlications  and Jos and i,    hey you know what it cuts to the very core of you  i dont care wether its abortion or other complications its the same thing a  death of .......DEATH ....of..... YOUR    child ,

its hurts like you dont know, what........from what i see and know for men its very different , when your a female you know what its like, does the pain go away , ...NO....you carry it for life,....

...noeleena...

rick

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »

This is a touchy subject no doubt, perhaps maybe even some women reading this tread might of have had an abortion.

I believe any women who has was greatly deceived and I also think for the rest of their lives every time they see a little child they probably think of the little child they aborted through deception.

I don’t condemn any of these women although, I don’t agree with their decision to abort their child.

I would say she has no more free will or choice anymore then the rest of us. I do feel empathy for any women who had an abortion, it must be a painful burden to carry inwardly.

If God wanted us to live in a utopia He would of made it that way but its all about being made in the image of God and until we get to that image there will be much pain involved for all.

I don’t know how anyone can expect to have an experience of evil without evil. Without evil there can be no contrast and without contrast we are back in the garden of Eden again before the act of open disobedience against the law of God.

Also, there has been no child aborted that won’t be resurrected back to life again. It’s amazing to me to know an understand that every human being will be begotten of God, you know, born into the family of God . When has God ever said to any angel today you are my son ? But we human being will all hear that statement from our God.

And all things will be made new for the former things will pass away. Amen an God bless all of you women who have been deceived , my heart goes out to you.    :)

John9362

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 09:12:36 AM »

I was feeling numb and in shock, watching the numbers grow, every second a child is aborted.......about 3,600 in an hour world wide, every second, every hour, every day, month, year, it just doesn't stop ..................almost unbelievable !!

I see 298 people lose their lives in that horrible plane crash and see the world FREAKING out over the missile attack, my mind and heart wonder back to the abortion clock and the babies, I think to myself 'who cares for them' ??

298 people in a plane crash 4 days ago and during the same period over 300,000 abortions !!

Hard to take, my heart is so heavy !
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:20:59 AM by John9362 »

Extol

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:10 AM »

I was feeling numb and in shock, watching the numbers grow, every second a child is aborted.......about 3,600 in an hour world wide, every second, every hour, every day, month, year, it just doesn't stop ..................almost unbelievable !!

I see 298 people lose their lives in that horrible plane crash and see the world FREAKING out over the missile attack, my mind and heart wonder back to the abortion clock and the babies, I think to myself 'who cares for them' ??

298 people in a plane crash 4 days ago and during the same period over 300,000 abortions !!

Hard to take, my heart is so heavy !

One of my favorite verses since coming to this site is 1 Cor. 15:50: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. It has been a great help as far as coping with suffering and death. When I hear about a plane crash or tornado or abortions or just a co-worker's grandfather dying, it's one of the first things that pops into my head, every time: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Of course, that's only half the story: the next thing that pops into my head is "They will live again." And that's an even greater source of comfort. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, but one day God will be all in all--the aborted babies, the mothers, the killer doctors, the pro-life doctor killers--ALL in ALL. And of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. . .

Kat

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 11:46:18 AM »

I'm going to diverge on this subject a bit and ask the question, where does "life" begin, in the physical sense? This is an serious question that became a very hot topic in the abortion debate in the past and now... in searching the Scripture what can you find out about this?

Gen 2:7  And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Job 12:10  In whose hand is the life of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind?

Job 33:4  The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Job 34:14  If He should set His heart on it, If He should gather to Himself His Spirit and His breath,

Psa 104:29  You hide Your face, they are troubled; You take away their breath, they die and return to their dust.

Isa 42:5  Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it:

Eze 37:9  Also He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live."
v. 10  So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.

Acts 17:25  Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.

Rev 11:11  Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them.

Okay I assume there will be a lot of raised eyebrows at what I am indicating here. Well to me in these Scripture there seems to be a very clear connection that the breath brings the spirit and life to a person. Could this possibly include all of those precious little babies that have not been born? There is a curious comment in Job.

Job 10:18  'Why then have You brought me out of the womb? Oh, that I had perished and no eye had seen me!
v. 19  I would have been as though I had not been. I would have been carried from the womb to the grave. (NKJV)

Job 10:19 I would have been just as if I had not come into being; I would have been fetched from the belly to the tomb. (CLV)

Job 10:19  as if I had never existed; carried from the womb to the grave. (ISV)

So what about the Scripture that speaks of God knowing somebody in the womb? God knows the end from the beginning and certainly He knows who He will bring into life or not. Does that make the death/abortion of these babies any less horrific, of course it does not.

Jer 1:5  "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Consider another thing, if all these millions of aborted/stillborn babies would be raised at the resurrection, would God bring them all to full term so they could live outside of the womb as many miscarriages happen very early in pregnancy? Well of course He could... but then what would the beginning of the next age be, a giant nursery? It would need to be and it would be a full time job for most of the population to care for all these babies. Well that's not such a bad thing, but is there any indication in Scripture that's what the next age is about? We know the next age is for judgment.

Anyway this is a hard subject and our emotions get caught up in it. But this is what I have found in Scripture, there is much more to it, but I think I have said enough.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:43:48 PM by Kat »

Abednego

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 12:38:49 PM »

How do you explain Luke 1:39-41?

At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Kat

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »

At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:41  And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Well how do you explain that... does a baby in the womb have knowledge of what is going on in the world? Interesting how it connected with her being "filled with the Holy Spirit."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

John from Kentucky

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »

Kat brings up an interesting point.

The Scriptures do indicate that a human becomes a living soul when breathe enters the body.

A baby in a mother lives off its mother's breathe and nutrients.

Also, in the Law of Moses, if a pregnant woman was struck and lost the child within her, then monetary compensation had to be paid to her husband.

If a living person was intentionally killed, then the killer was subject to the death penalty.  Even if they clung to the altar of sacrifice, they were to be dragged out and executed.

If a living person were killed by accident, not intentionally, then the killer had to flee to one of the six cities of refuge, three on the east of the Jordan River and three on the west, in order to be protected from the deceased person's relatives.

But there was no provision in the Law for payment of monetary damages for the deceased.  So that makes me wonder if an unborn child was considered a person, a living soul.  Because if they were a living soul, then the punishment would have been death instead of the payment of monetary damages, if the unborn was killed intentionally.

I do not know the answer to when a human becomes a living soul.  I believe God will have to answer that question in the age to come.  Is it at birth or conception?

But right now, my opinion based upon my understanding of Scriptures, is that a human is a living soul only if they have breathed the breathe of life, at which time they become a living soul.

Abednego

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »

Luke 1:41  And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Well how do you explain that... does a baby in the womb have knowledge of what is going on in the world? Interesting how it connected with her being "filled with the Holy Spirit."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

I'm not in a place where I can view references and look up words at the moment. Or compare versions. So the word "and". Was the leaping and filling at the same time, or subsequent?

And what about Luke 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Is "from his mother's womb" meaning upon exit, or while he was there?  So many questions, not enough answers.

And JfK as far as killing the unborn.

But there was no provision in the Law for payment of monetary damages for the deceased.  So that makes me wonder if an unborn child was considered a person, a living soul.  Because if they were a living soul, then the punishment would have been death instead of the payment of monetary damages, if the unborn was killed intentionally.

If you kill a pregnant mother because you have an issue with her would it be considered an intentional death of the unborn? You have a problem with the mother not the child.  If that were true (and I'm not saying it is), then the penalty would not be death for killing the child so that doesn't help explain whether the child is considered a person at that point. At least to me.

Kat

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 04:11:12 PM »

Abednego, I'm not understanding all your questions about John the Baptist while in the womb. As it turned out John was prophesied and predestined to be born, at that time with Christ.

Mat 3:1  In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea,
v. 2  and saying, Repent, for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand.
v. 3  For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make His paths straight."

So John was to be born and prepare the way for Christ, but he was a normal baby and would not have had some kind of knowledge in the womb. I just don't see what you are getting at.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Abednego

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 10:42:56 PM »

Kat, you missed what I was getting at, but probably because I'm not clear.  I was responding to your
where does "life" begin, in the physical sense?

I understand the pro life/culture of death debate over this question and why. I don't have interest in the debate myself.  When I spoke of the baby leaping in the womb you stated thinking knowledge.  I was only concerned with when life starts. As JfK stated
The Scriptures do indicate that a human becomes a living soul when breathe enters the body.
There are many scriptures that back this up and you listed a lot of them.

But when you look at:

Lk 1:41 And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

and

Jer 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

That tells me there is something going on before Gen 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So man becomes a living soul in Gen 2:7 I have to believe that. But what of the baby jumping in the womb.

And also my previous question:

And what about Luke 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Is "from his mother's womb" meaning upon exit, or while he was there?

I'm not questioning when life begins form an abortion standpoint, I could care less. I'm just wondering if living soul starts at Gen 2:7, then what is going on in the womb? Obviously more than I realize, I just don't know what.

Hope I'm being clear.

Kat

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 12:44:21 AM »

Okay Abednego, I get it now. God certainly does know if a baby is destined to be born and take the breath of life and John the Baptist certainly was, it is clear he was sanctified or set apart for a special work in his life. He was ordained to be who he was even before he was conceived, to be the prophet that prepared the way for Christ. So John was to be under the influence of the Spirit of God his whole life, as the Scripture says "filled with the Holy Spirit," like all the other prophets of the OT. The different translations go both ways on when the Holy Spirit filling him, "from" meaning before or at birth. I really don't see how that matters though.

I sometimes check what the Jewish beliefs are about a subject, because they have a heritage that holds strongly to what was taught in the OT from the prophets. It's interesting what they say about this.

from the site Judaism 101--
Abortion--
Jewish law not only permits, but in some circumstances requires abortion. Where the mother's life is in jeopardy because of the unborn child, abortion is mandatory.

An unborn child has the status of "potential human life" until the majority of the body has emerged from the mother. Potential human life is valuable, and may not be terminated casually, but it does not have as much value as a life in existence. The Talmud makes no bones about this: it says quite bluntly that if the fetus threatens the life of the mother, you cut it up within her body and remove it limb by limb if necessary, because its life is not as valuable as hers. But once the greater part of the body has emerged, you cannot take its life to save the mother's, because you cannot choose between one human life and another.

http://web.archive.org/web/20081217181056/http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm#Abortion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just wondering if living soul starts at Gen 2:7, then what is going on in the womb?

What I meant about does the baby in the womb have knowledge... well did baby John jump because it heard Mary and knew she was carrying baby Jesus? That's what I was getting at, a fetus or even a newborn doesn't 'know' these things. Knowledge comes from experience and a fetus has none, I do not believe it can reason or even really think yet, so what can it know or do? Yes it moves around and responds to things, but I think that is more of a reflex type action.

I'm certainly no expert on these things and researching is difficult, but I do believe a fetus is precious and is a form of life, maybe not completed until birth and breath. I think abortions are a part of the experience of evil we are going through in this world, a great depth of ignorance and selfishness.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:06:42 AM by Kat »

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 03:09:07 PM »

did Jesus lift His voice on high to speak about the evil, social topics of His day?  no he did not.  why should we?  ALL is of God. 
i had an abortion when i was 17 yrs old.  my parents drove me to san antonio from the small town we lived in south texas.  there was no (legal) facility that would do abortions in my town.  it was a horrible experience for all of us.  it was an excruciating time and decision we had to make.  i had overdosed/seizured/lost consciousness on cocaine while not knowing i was in the early weeks of pregnancy. i survived the cocaine ordeal by the mercy of God.  (never told my parents about that part.  i had graduated from high school, not living at home).  i have asked God's forgiveness for putting my parents through such a horrible ordeal, for the death of the newly formed, unborn child, and forgiveness for myself.   and every time i see a bumper sticker about abortion i plead for forgiveness again.  and reading this thread telling how there will be an accounting and recompense for abortion just rips it all open again. 

pointing the finger at all women who have ever had an abortion (especially without knowing why) makes one appear to be their judge.  let all men be silenced and only God be the Righteous Judge.

claudia
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:43:38 PM by cjwood »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.