bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Bible Study Method?  (Read 4326 times)

robby.morales

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Ray's Bible Study Method?
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:05:16 AM »

I am considering taking a School of Biblical Studies with Youth With A Mission. They teach the Inductive Method. I was curious if anyone knows what method Ray used when he studied the scriptures.

Thank you.

Extol

Re: Ray's Bible Study Method?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:03:12 AM »

Hi Robbie,

In seeking a group to help your Bible studies, I do believe that with any teaching group, nondenominational or not (even if they do not 'look' like the standard church) that you will be indoctrinated with their beliefs. I do not believe there is any organized group teaching the 'truth,' they are all worldly. Check into their background and see what denomination they come from and you will probably find the basic beliefs you will be taught from them. Now they may have good intentions, but that is far from being enough to teach God's truth, the world is filled with good intentions...

If you want help in your Scripture studies, Ray's articles are a very good place to start. His method of study comes through very well and he speaks very plainly about keys point to learn, "pay attention to all of the words... once you learn a spiritual truth, don't ever let it go," This is not a quick and easy study either, there are many articles over a broad range of topics, but so well worth the time and effect.

After all of my worldly pursuits of seeking God intently over the years (actually a necessary backdrop in deception), now I have come to realize without doubt Ray was the only one that really taught the truth. Through studying his material it laid a solid foundation in the Scripture that I can now rely on in my own studies.

Hope this is helpful to you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:18:24 PM by Kat »

dave

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »

Amen Kat and Extol Amen.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:45 PM »

Ray used the Spirit of God method.   :D

Actually the Scriptures say that Jesus is our Teacher.  Ray was merely a tool used by God to disseminate certain Truths to His Elect.

Jesus is working with every one of His Elect on a personal basis.  He does not mass produce His jewels.

And they shall be mine, says the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spares his own son that serves him.  Mal 3:17

robby.morales

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 02:07:55 AM »

Hello Kat (and other members).

Thank you for your prompt and thorough response.  I will take your recommendation under advisement.

Respectfully,

Robby

cheekie3

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 06:31:12 AM »

Robby -

I am curious to understand who exactly is your Adviser; if not Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

George.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:42:02 AM by cheekie3 »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 02:03:04 AM »

I had to look up "inductive method" and in a short article which explained what it was, I found this:

"It is important to note that, while inductive Bible study or any other method is helpful to Christians as we delve into God’s Word, ultimately it is the Spirit of God who opens the Scriptures to us because He has first opened our hearts to Truth. It is the Spirit who interprets spiritual truth to those who are spiritual. The natural man does not and cannot understand spiritual truth (2 Corinthians 2:12-14)."

True enough.

I ran across an email to Ray a few months ago and tried to find it, but can't.  Someone asked him essentially the same question, as I remember, and Ray's reply was something to the effect that "you can't learn/teach as I have without having lived my life."  I'm certainly butchering that, but that seemed to me to be the gist.

It seems to me that Ray first had a broad understanding and familiarity with the bible.  The rest came from wrestling with truth as he lived, and that lasted until his death.  That requires way more than 'three steps'. 

As I understood "Inductive", I don't doubt that Ray in large measure used this general approach, but took it to levels only hinted at in the 'explanation' I read.  The rest of his 'method' is pretty transparent in the way he wrote/taught.     

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

robby.morales

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 12:25:16 AM »

Thank You Dave. :) you're perspective is appreciated
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.