bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attending Church  (Read 43550 times)

rick

Re: Attending Church
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2014, 02:18:35 PM »

So, when the day comes when men come knocking at my door asking me if I'm a Christian so they can take me to the executioner, I will say,

Hello Nathan,

I wonder when and if that day comes here in America, if we just won’t be arrested. If they have to ask they already know who you are.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2014, 02:28:58 PM »

Hi friends,
Just a short comment about persecution.

If your work, as you view it, is not finished then persecution can be a terrible burden to have to live with and requires the strength that only God's spirit can provide. A challenge to be sure.
However, if persecution means being arrested and killed, by whatever means then our fight is over and we have only blessings in the future life to contemplate.

Even if we are not one of the elect, the future judgment by our loving and just heavenly Father in an environment in which the Lord Jesus rules, is much to be preferred than remaining alive in this present environment where confusion and hatred rules.  8) 8)  :)

Indiana Bob

rick

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2014, 03:30:58 PM »

in an environment in which the Lord Jesus rules, is much to be preferred than remaining alive in this present environment where confusion and hatred rules.  8) 8)  :)
Indiana Bob

Hello Bob,

Much preferred indeed, that will be outright awesome when Christ reigns.  :)

rick

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »

Hi bob

I don't know if your last post was in response to my post but if it was then I think you misunderstood my comments. Or maybe I am misunderstanding yours.

I was not referring to proselytizing. I was responding to posts by JFK and Nathan which give very impressive, clever and convenient human arguments for why they're not "Christians".

I was noting the fact that the human reasoning behind they're arguments would allow them to claim that they're not "Christians" in the event of a "Christian" holocaust.

Unlike some people (who out of politeness I won't name) I can provide two scriptures (witnesses) for all my beliefs.

The two Scriptures below came from Ray's "Lake of Fire" group of articles, which would be a good thing for some to read.

In Revelations 1:13, Jesus just walks among the seven lamp stands, the church.  He does not rule this church or live with them.

On the other hand, in Revelations 2:13, we find that Satan not only dwells in the church, but his throne is there, he rules the church.

I am not a Christian because I am not a member of the church ruled by Satan.

Also, Jesus said that the many would be deceived.  Jesus said His true Church would be only a very few in this age.

So, that is why I am not a Christian, very simple.  Also, I do not fear a holocaust, or disease epidemic, or falling sycamore tree ( ;D ) or numerous other things that the simple minded fear.

Jesus is my shield and protector.  I fear nothing.  He that is for me is greater than anything against me.

[u]I am a loser for sure.[/u] I wont deny any of that.

I don’t agree with that statement brother Largeli, what you are is a human being just like any other human being, being made in the image of God. That makes you a winner  :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:55:18 PM by Rick »

rick

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »

Not sure why this thread came to mind today while at work but it did, I was thinking, you must go to church, we all have to go to church in order to come out of her my people.

You cannot come out of what you never been in.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.