bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Attending Church  (Read 43566 times)

Rinus

Re: Attending Church
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2014, 08:03:46 AM »

Relatively speaking we are not all wrong.Ray is right and Joel oesteen,paul washer,pastor mporo are wrong.  If Ray was wrong YOU would not be here.

Relatively speaking some here are wrong and others are right especially when we give our opinions in trying to help someone.  So don't feel like too bad if your opinions are challenged and proved to be wrong by others.  They are not judging you, but are judging your words.  They can't judge you anyway because they don't know you on a personal level.

santgem

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »

Relatively speaking we are not all wrong.Ray is right and Joel oesteen,paul washer,pastor mporo are wrong.  If Ray was wrong YOU would not be here.

Relatively speaking some here are wrong and others are right especially when we give our opinions in trying to help someone.  So don't feel like too bad if your opinions are challenged and proved to be wrong by others.  They are not judging you, but are judging your words.  They can't judge you anyway because they don't know you on a personal level.

Hi Rinus,
Greetings!

I hope and pray that someday we will judge people and to become a judge. God willing that we will endure up to the end so that we can judge them. :) ;)

For more than three years since i stumbled in this site i did not perform or practice catholicism.

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »

The 'nations' of Christendom conducted the Crusades.  The 'nations' of Christendom used the wealth, philosophy, "wisdom" of babylon to build and sustain their power.  Empires were built and destroyed on her back.  Even today, in this more secular age, the 'god' of the Church is the 'god' of the world...even to atheists!  The world knows nothing of the Most High except what the church has said, and taught, and demonstrated. 

The world-wide religious establishment is in the world, of the world, informs the world, condemns the world, excuses the world.  Every person with every point of view "quotes" the bible to make their point.  Babylon the great will fall and the world won't know what to do with itself.

Thats a good answer. Thanks.
I知 just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lareli

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 11:25:14 AM »

Dave I like the answer you gave regarding Rev 18 being about the church and Christianity... But Ray said prophecy is dual and sometimes multilayered and he also wrote this about Rev 18..

Not only do our Christian seers and prophets preach "deceits and smooth THINGS," but our news media does likewise. Not only is the news toothless, but when it comes to what is really happening in the world, most Americans are clueless.

"Alas, alas that GREAT CITY Babylon, that MIGHTY CITY! For in one hour is your judgment come" (Rev. 18:10).

Ironically, the South Tower collapsed in just 56 minutes after being impacted. Is God sending us a message?

"And [they] cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!" (Rev. 18:18).

was he suggesting that Rev 18's Babylon is also the USA?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:27:57 AM by largeli »

lareli

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2014, 01:51:11 PM »

Dave don't leave me hangin man..

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »

You'd have to ask Ray.  But I believe the US collectively is part of the great religious world order.  No study of our history can lead anybody to a different conclusion, imo.  From the settlement, to the founding, to the Great Awakening, the Civil War, the Gilded Age, on to the present.  If you want to call that 'babylon', I don't think you'd be wrong.  But its not the first one, and it well may not be the last one. 

Beyond that, don't ask me to discuss 'end-times'.  Christianity ruined any 'enjoyment' I get out of those.  The times have been 'ending' since Jesus Christ walked the earth as a man.  I'm looking less for an end then for a new beginning.  These may not be so clearly marked until after we've lived them.

Of course, I could be wrong.  I'M not even here to discuss my thoughts.     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lareli

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2014, 06:32:18 PM »

Sorry if I gave that impression Dave. I'm not asking you to discuss end times though. For me this discussion has been about the 'come out of her' that everyone invokes whenever someone mentions 'church'.. I'm trying to discuss what exactly the 'her' is in that reference..

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2014, 07:26:44 PM »

Rev 18:1  And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Rev 18:2  And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3  For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5  For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Babylon the great is fallen.

ALL NATIONS have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.  Can all nations come out of THEMSELVES?  Whose fornication?  HERS!  Who is SHE?  Babylon the great.  SHE is not THEY.

Come out of what?  ALL NATIONS?  No.  Come out of HER. 

Joh_17:15  I (Jesus) pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

1Co 5:9  I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co 5:10  Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co 5:11  But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12  For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13  But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Better?

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2014, 12:21:35 AM »

Jesus is not a Christian, neither am I.

Which is why I do not attend Christian churches.

Easy peasy.

In Revelations, Jesus just walked among the seven candlesticks (churches); His throne was not there.

lareli

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2014, 12:37:09 PM »

All good Dave... You answered my question with your previous post, reply #65.. In my subsequent reply (reply #66) I wasn't necessarily asking for more clarification. When I read your reply (#65 'don't ask me to discuss end times') I thought maybe I had irritated you by touching on the 'end-times' verse. My reply #66 was just trying to apologize for making it seem like an 'end-times' question and trying to show that it was a 'who is she' question... All tying into the topic of the thread which is attending church... I was pointing out that Ray said prophecy is often dual and I was showing where Ray compared the US and 9/11 to the verse in Rev that references the 'her'.

Everyone reads the 'come out of her' and says the her is the Christian church... That's what Ray showed in his papers and, yes, I see and believe that.. But he also compared or suggested in the towers paper that the 'her' could also relate to the US.

Like I said you answered my question with your reply #65.. I totally appreciate your following reply also though and those verses in 1 corinthians spoke to me.. I actually was reading those verses last week with this very thread/topic in mind, so it is somewhat confirming to me that you posted them.. Thank you!

ez2u

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »

well this is a long post I hope this gets read.  what i wanted to tell you is   we read and pray with our three children just about every night I didn't preach to them but when they asked questions i gave them answers.  Now they are grown up each going in the direction the Lord would have them go and God word is planted in their hearts.  and that is Good.

microlink

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2014, 12:53:50 AM »

Easy peasy.

In Revelations, Jesus just walked among the seven candlesticks (churches); His throne was not there.

G5546

I consider myself a Christian. God knows. Maybe you are also.

Act_11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. (KJV)

Acts 11:26 (CLV) and finding him, he led him to Antioch. Now it came that they are gathered a whole year, also, in the ecclesia, and teach a considerable throng. Besides, in Antioch first, the disciples are styled "Christians."

John from Kentucky

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2014, 11:12:20 AM »

Easy peasy.

G5546

I consider myself a Christian. God knows. Maybe you are also.

Act_11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. (KJV)

Acts 11:26 (CLV) and finding him, he led him to Antioch. Now it came that they are gathered a whole year, also, in the ecclesia, and teach a considerable throng. Besides, in Antioch first, the disciples are styled "Christians."

I believe you when you say you are a Christian.  Congratulations.  People know who they are.

However, I am not a Christian.  I was one once, before Jesus showed me mercy and led me to the wilderness, where He is protecting me for a time, times, and half a time.

What you are ignorant of, is that that not everything in the Scriptures apply to everyone.  The Apostles had to grow in grace and knowledge.  It is they who formed the great false church too.  This church later rejected all of them.  This church carried over to the 2nd century A.D. and is still very much with us.  It still has that top down organizational structure of Satan.  Those in the true Church of the Living God have Jesus as their King and Teacher only.  But, I waste my time in speaking of such things.

ez2u

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2014, 10:49:40 PM »

well Dave you have my attention I never heard of such and would like to know more about what yu are saying if you wish to share.  Jesus is the son of God.  How could He be a Christian , that i understand, but I thought being a Christian was being a follower a Christ and by Faith we walk.  So what are you if you are not a Christian?  blessings peggy

John from Kentucky

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2014, 11:16:04 PM »

well Dave you have my attention I never heard of such and would like to know more about what yu are saying if you wish to share.  Jesus is the son of God.  How could He be a Christian , that i understand, but I thought being a Christian was being a follower a Christ and by Faith we walk.  So what are you if you are not a Christian?  blessings peggy

Hi Peggy,

I suppose you are referring to my immediately preceding post?  If so, I'm John, not Dave.

I am not of the two billion (?) or so people who call themselves Christian.  I have no part with them.

I do not attend any church.  I am the church, one of a few.  I think Ray onetime referred to himself as being a member of the Church of the Living God.  That sounds O.K. to me.

However, I'm not really into labels or titles or being a member of organizations.

I consider myself a wanderer and sojourner in the wilderness, waiting for the return of the Great King.

John

P.S.  Also, Jesus and I are not Christians because we do not believe in what Christians believe. We believe in the Word of God, which is the Scriptures.  Jesus is the living aspect of the Word or Expression or Statement (Greek word Logos) of the invisible God.  Ray called Him God's Autobiography, which is a very good English translation of the Greek word Logos.  Jesus is the Mighty God, Creator and Savior of all.  He is in me and gives me Life and rules in the Temple of my innermost being, what the Scriptures call the Heart.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:27:13 PM by John from Kentucky »

Nathan

« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »

Jesus is the son of God.  How could He be a Christian , that i understand, but I thought being a Christian was being a follower a Christ and by Faith we walk.  So what are you if you are not a Christian?  blessings peggy

The Apostles did not call themselves "Christians", they were called "Christians" by pagans. Christ never called himself a Christian, nor did He call his followers Christians. The apostles called each other "brethren", "disciples", ""servants", "believers", "followers", "the faithful", "the elect", "the chosen ones", "the separated ones", and so on - not Christians. 

Those of the royal priesthood are not Christians, nor do they refer to themselves as Christians and certainly do not partake in the affairs of Christendom. They don't attend their "churches", they don't engage in their politics - they thoroughly reject all of its teachings.

To some this may just be a matter of semantics. One may say they are a "true Christian" and a "true Christian" has nothing in common with those in Christendom. Once again, if Jesus never called his own disciples "Christians" and the apostles never called each other "Christians", then why would anyone want to use a term that was coined by pagans to describe themselves? There is only one reason - they still have not "come out of her my people".

Tradition: a doctrine believed to have divine authority though not in the scriptures, in particular. (Oxford's Dictionary)

indianabob

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2014, 10:38:46 PM »

Followers of ho christos = Greek for "the anointed one"
Hebrew = ha mashiyach or "the anointed one"
So then we are followers of the man Jesus, the anointed one of God.

There is lots more to read if one is interested.
Indiana Bob

John from Kentucky

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2014, 11:32:16 PM »

Indiana Bob

He is much more than a man, I-Bob, regardless of the teachings of the Concordant Publishing Concern.

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.  Titus 2:13

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.  Isaiah 9:6 

Underlines are mine.

microlink

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2014, 12:24:08 AM »

Indiana Bob

I agree.
A follower is one who follows and believes in someone. I believe in Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world.
Call me what you want, but that is what I believe.

Joel

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2014, 01:36:23 AM »

1st Peter 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Joel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.