bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A SEED  (Read 3660 times)

wcd

A SEED
« on: July 21, 2014, 06:31:58 PM »

Ever considered a seed,that tiny package that contains the functions of a plant tree etc.What about the 'bigbang' seems it started from a package the size of a mustard seed,containing the ingredients for a whole universe.If you wonder just how great our God is,think about that!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:34:22 PM by wcd »

rick

Re: A SEED
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 08:47:34 PM »

Hi Lcd.

It is awesome no matter how we look at it. Like God say’s He is doing a strange work.  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:45:48 PM by Rick »

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »

From "How We Got the Bible":

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.msg48441.html#msg48441

I know it takes hundreds and hundreds of years for a acorn to turn into a giant oak tree. Why does it take so long? I think part of it has to do with this earth thing I was telling you about. God takes hundreds of years to grow a tree. The Bristlecone pine trees in California, do you know that some are almost 5000 years old? A 5000 year old tree. It was alive long before Moses came across the Red Sea, it was full grown by then. Thousands of years old.

Why does God take billions of years to build mountains? I mean He could do it quickly, but He doesn’t. That’s the whole point, He doesn’t. You say, ‘well I wish He did. It would make more sense if God would do the magic trick, like I always thought. Boom, there’s the stars, boom the earth, boom the mountains and hills.’ What is greater is how He did do it.

It’s one thing for 100 construction men to go out and they build a big building or something. It’s another thing to level off a piece of land and carry out all the materials and have the building build itself. Imagine that. Just say, ‘okay go.’ Anybody can get a group of men and build a building. But put the materials out there and I’m going to tell the building to build itself. That’s what God does. He says, ‘watch this, I create what’s necessary. I give the raw materials, but watch this.The earth is going to create itself, over billions of years.’ Why does He do that? I only have some glimpses into it.

Also Ray had a quote I like...I can't find where it is, but in one of his studies he said something like "A tiny acorn grows into a giant acorn, and it takes a really long time. I think there is a spiritual lesson in there." (Or maybe he used the word "parable.")

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 01:13:20 AM »

Greetings WCD,
Great question to consider.

I note that we are the same age, approximately.
I would like to learn a little more of your history and how you came to live this long and have the success that you enjoy.

Warm regards, Ole Indiana Bob
Plymouth, Indiana USA

wcd

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »

One concise history for Indiana Bob.Born 1935 Tyneside NE England as William[Bill] ....Wcog 1967-95... in wilderness till 2005 then a 'Ray'of light hit my wife Celia,[keen gardener,an SRN thats a nurse, the CD part of WCD] and I, we married 1972 in Wcog, she is Scottish we met at Church HQ I was a printer of PT etc. Hobbies...cycling still at it ...music...mainly scottish/northumbrian on accordion ...piano 1920's-50's music..classical guitar 15th century all at a moderate standard.Love touring the Chiltern Hills nearby, either by cycle or car.We sent Ray an E.Mail[2005] the gist of his reply was DON'T LIMIT GOD we have tried to live up to that!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:41:12 PM by wcd »

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 03:31:18 PM »

William and Celia,
Great to hear from you and learn that we were born the same year.
Small world is it not.
My grandmother on my mother's side was Eva McPherson from Northern Scot/Ireland.
My Dad's mother was Norwegian/Danish, Mary Hanson (1868)

Thanks for the interesting history, Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.