bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failure  (Read 5119 times)

rick

Failure
« on: July 28, 2014, 05:44:36 PM »

Its amazing to me how everything I learned here is quite the opposite from everything I learned from Christendom.

In Christendom I was lead to believe that everything is up to me as far as salvation, I was told God sends no one to hell but we send ourselves there by rejecting Christ or simply by sinning.

In Christendom I always felt like a failure, I was always pretending to be ok hoping I would somehow be able to stop sinning but lacked the ability. For years I was devastated inwardly and full of  fear at the thought of the after life because of a false belief system I was taught.

Today my understanding has been enlighten to more truth than my entire life through B.T. however there are many things I don’t know or understand. I learned to look at people differently as a result of God’s truth that I’ve learned and have been totally blessed with.

I don’t believe the things in my life have change as a result of a more accurate knowledge of God’s truths in my life but I understand how I was made, why I sin and what God’s plans are for His creation.

My understanding today has taken me from a scary God to a loving God, perhaps in the end I’ll discover that being a failure is the very thing God wanted me to see and understand.

Surely God rules in the affairs of man and women alike and no one directs their own footsteps in this life, everything is by the grace of God.

Learning complete dependency most likely takes a lifetime, maybe another age. Trying to live a righteous life is impossible , I have failed most utterly and that is what God wants me to know an so I tarry on in this life knowing God is the only good thing in this universe and everything else is simply a failure.

I know the time will come when the goodness of God will see that His entire creation will live in perfect harmony and righteousness and until then the entire creation moans in expectation of that Grand and beautiful day when all things are made new.

And like the thief on the cross, all I can say is remember me when I enter your kingdom Lord.  :)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Failure
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 06:01:51 PM »

Preach it brotha rick! Joyful news to this hungry soul!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Mike Gagne

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:11:34 AM »

Hi Rick! I just thought I could add that none of what we see in the natural is a failure! Gods plan for his family is a perfect plan that will be completed perfectly! We are not failures but rather works in progress! Nothing is out of order even though it looks like that! Anyhow thanks for letting me share!.... Mike :)

rick

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 02:29:21 AM »

Hi mike,

The failure I’m referring to is the belief we human being think we can control, modify or change our lives and this is not so, your right when you say God’s plan is perfect and that we are a work in progress.

If there is anything in my life I cannot change agreeing that I want to change whatever it may be then I have failed myself in that respect.

The only change possible is the change God brings not the changes I want to bring or see. I only have the idea of what is righteous and good and the longing for such things.

The thing to see here is that the only good things that we have comes from above and the rest is our carnal nature and it’s this carnal nature we cannot control at will except by the grace of God or we remain the same.

In God’s plan there is no potential for failure and all is going accordingly as He dictates and the only things that can be are those things which God declares from the beginning to the end.

Once I thought I had the ability of free will and choice only to discover my will is subjected to God’s will and when God says to stop whatever it is then and only then will one stop.

I’m referring to the complete sovereignty of God and my complete failure as man. God rules with complete authority, there is no authority greater than that of our heavenly Father.

God’s will trumps all and for this fact I’m most thankful for as there is no way in heaven or earth I can screw it up and neither can anyone else, it’s impossible.  :)

theophilus

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 08:55:03 AM »

Hello Rick,

the state of total failure that you speak of might be that state spoken of in Jeremiah 18:4

4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

This is how we start out in life, right? As a vessel marred in the Potter's hand. So, He makes us again another vessel as He sees fit, not as WE see fit. His making again another vessel out of each one of us is our lifetime experiences, both good and evil. We are being molded each day of our lives. Our failures in life are temporary shapes the Potter is giving us. He will keep working the clay until it takes the shape of the Holy Son of God. So I think.  :)

rick

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »

Hello Theophilus,

I found a period of confusion in my life from the transition of Christendom and its many false doctrines to some of God’s truths as revealed by Ray’s understanding of scripture.

I have a greater awareness of God’s love and truths today than at a previous time in my life, I have recently found myself asking when engage in certain things I do, would Jesus do this or would Jesus do that.

Although in many cases the answer would be no, Jesus would not, I have an awareness of my offences. Unlike Christendom, it’s not about condemnation but rather more about repenting.     
 ( all sin has been paid for at the cross by Jesus )

I discovered as God’s truths start to expose the lies of false doctrine I had been taught at a previous time I am being set free. ( it’s a process )

I come to understand there is nothing out of order in this life nor has God’s creation run amuck, whatever ( is ) was intended from the beginning for the express purpose of all humans ( being made ) in the image of God our creator. ( it’s a process )

I’m learning new and exciting truths about God’s word and it has make a huge difference in my life. Many thanks to Bible truths.

Thank you for your response to this thread Theophilus.  :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:08:57 AM by Rick »

Ian 155

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 08:11:36 AM »

Learning similar stuff Rick- becomes especially interesting when both hands and feet are nailed down and you really cant move till He says so - when your wife, kids and friends turn on you,and forsake you it does become despairing - when cars and houses and reputations get removed....

"Oh God grant us patience and increase our faith"

rick

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 03:48:11 PM »

Hello Ian,

I like how you mentioned ( when both hands and feet are nailed down ), it kind of coincides with        ( no free will ) does it not.

I believe my hands and feet were always nailed down, I never made an uncaused choice , and for this cause we are all nailed down, all sin is forgiven, all that is left is repentance through experience and knowledge and always in God’s time.

I cannot learn patience unless some adversity comes my way, I cannot learn forgiveness unless some sort of evil happens to me.

Whatever happens in my life was meant to happen for my own good even though I prefer to flee some of those thing that do befall me but then again not my will be done , but Gods will, will be done in and through me.

I find life’s experiences to be difficult, frustrating , harsh and annoying but I also find life’s experiences to be enjoyable, peaceful  loving, kind and gentle. Guess that could indeed be considered contrast.   

I love the God that Bible truths has presented over the god that Christendom has taught me. I cannot direct my own footsteps but I’m happy where God is taking me even when the day is rainy and the nights are cloudy, for I know the Son will always shine through and never leave me.  :)

Ian 155

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 06:05:59 AM »

WE are told to rejoice in these times -  Self pity is a killer

rick

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 05:23:34 PM »

Hello Ian,

whatever the word of God tells us to do is a good thing. Problem I find as a human being is in the performance of those things.

When God says to me, now you will stop is when I will stop doing whatever it may be that He God desires me to stop.

Until then I accept the things I cannot change, thankful for the things I through God can change and never forgetting its God who does the changing.

For the first time in my life I’m at peace with our Father who is the cause of all things whether directly or indirectly, all is of God.

I’m just a piece of unfinished clay in the hands of our creator, check me out when He is done and you’ll be amazed and me along with you.   :)

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 06:36:51 PM »

theoP, your post reply to rick was the sweet blessing i needed today.   :)

claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 11:36:41 PM »

Hello Rick,

the state of total failure that you speak of might be that state spoken of in Jeremiah 18:4

4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

This is how we start out in life, right? As a vessel marred in the Potter's hand. So, He makes us again another vessel as He sees fit, not as WE see fit. His making again another vessel out of each one of us is our lifetime experiences, both good and evil. We are being molded each day of our lives. Our failures in life are temporary shapes the Potter is giving us. He will keep working the clay until it takes the shape of the Holy Son of God. So I think.  :)

You think rightly so my friend! I would add that these experiences of molding and shaping may well persist beyond this mortal physical lifetime. We don't know what God has in store for the ages to come including the age of judgement and beyond. I find it hard to believe that the brevity of life is enough to produce a Son of God, a perfect reflection of Him. I think that might take more than just this life but I guess I'm speculating here ;) We don't know what is to come aside from judgement and the eventual "All in All."
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.