bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the Truth Paramount  (Read 4936 times)

cheekie3

Is the Truth Paramount
« on: August 02, 2014, 07:29:42 AM »

All -

1. When all around us live in lies, hypocrisy and deception - and talk a good show and 'play the Game' - and appear honourable and successful - should we do the same - or is the truth that important and Paramount?

2. When we analyse their claimed successes and prove that it is mainly or wholly down to others and also our sincere and distinct input - while they pretend it was their conduct and performance - as they are masters of duplicity - should we give up and become like them - as the alternative is to stay the same and continue to grow in Christ and be downtrodden, bullied and lied about (which cuts and hurts very deeply indeed)?

3. How does "you shall be the Head and not the Tail" fit into all this - when our lives are full of great tribulation and ongoing deep suffering?

4. If we have access to the 'Wisdom of God' like King Solomon - should we not be prospering, debt free, problem free, successful, etc, for all to see - yet the opposite seems true - no wonder Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes 'the Book of Woes'?

5. How can the most wise man have been the most frustrated - and imply that all is in effect failure upon failure?

6. Why is the whole of humanity living lives of compromise - rather than confrontation using the Truth to get to the root cause of things?

7. What's it all about Alfie?

8. Why am I simply Rambling on ... - or do I have a significant Point?

9. What is the Point?

10. Why am I continually a 'Deep in Thought' Person of Persecution?

11. Why do we desire, think, speak and act so differently to the sons and daughters of humanity?

12. Why have I had enough - and tell our Heavenly Father 'I want to die'?

13. Why is my wife telling me that her whole life has been mostly of misery and heartache, full of suffering?

14. What are the next steps to our lives on this Earth - will there be a few Blessings for us - or are our Blessings purely Spiritual and full of very severe tribulations?

15. How much more can we take?

16. Is this really worth it - when we are experiencing the living daily sacrifice of giving up all to follow Jesus Christ?

17. Perhaps I am mad; and the whole of humanity is sane and correct?

18. Why does humanity react to us in such strong deep seated hatred which seems to be embedded in their hearts and minds?

19. Why does humanity lie so well with guile, and speak smooth things to all?

20. Why are the genuine workers in this world treated so harshly with overburdened workloads for very little reward, recognition and wages - while their managers do very little and treat them like infant children?

21. Is Death our only way out of this mad world?

George.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:42:44 AM by cheekie3 »

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Is the Truth Paramount
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Matthew 7:16
By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 8:5
Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Ephesians 5:9
(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

1 Thessalonians 1:6
You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.

rick

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 07:42:06 PM »

Hi George,

The sum of what your asking boils down to the fact that we either do it here and now or there and then but my question is, can we make a choice that goes contrary to what God’s intentions or will is for us?

No one comes to Christ on their own nor can anyone leave Christ on their own, everything depends on God and where one fits into His plan.  ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:24:27 AM »

The writer of Ecclesiastes also gave 'hope' for this life...live it, even though it will end the same for all.

Ecc 12:8  Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher, all is vanity.
Ecc 12:9  And more than that, the Preacher was wise; he still taught the people knowledge. Yes, he listened, and looked, and set in order many proverbs.
Ecc 12:10  The Preacher sought to find out pleasing words, and words of truth written on uprightness.
Ecc 12:11  The words of the wise are as goads; yea, as nails driven by the masters of collections, they are given from one Shepherd.
Ecc 12:12  And more than these, my son, be warned: The making of many books has no end, and much study is the weariness of the flesh.
Ecc 12:13  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments; for this applies to every man.
Ecc 12:14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with all that is hidden, whether it is good, or whether it is evil.

Jesus told us not to be surprised when they hate us.  He told us to Rejoice, and Paul said to rejoice.  THAT is the 'reward' in this life, and much more to follow.

Paul told us to examine our lives and to make sure that the 'persecution' we suffer is NOT for behaving badly.

He told us that if there is no resurrection, we of all people are the most miserable.  Why?  Because 'we' (assuming we do) in following the words and example of Jesus deny ourselves some 'reward' now in favor of reward in the next age.  We judge ourselves now in anticipation that there IS a 'new life' while the world fools themselves with religious fairy-tales or a complete lack of faith in a future at all, much less one that trends toward good.  We humble ourselves so that we may be exalted.  We do what HE DID.

Paul is not commanding or commending us to "be miserable", however.  If we have faith, Grace produces joy.

We're also told that we have an earnest or down-payment on this Spirit.  It matters nothing, if we believe, what 'life' hands us.  Be of good cheer, for He has overcome the world.  He is reconciling ALL THINGS to Himself, AND He's given to us the Ministry of Reconciliation.  Do it.

Evil is in the world for many reasons.  They are too numerous to list.  But one of them is so that HIS PEOPLE can be trained to do good in the face of it.  Start.  Learn from your mistakes AND your successes.  It is true that our 'successes' seem vain and insufficient, but that doesn't last forever.  And neither do our failures.

George, nobody can really know what the writer of Ecclesiastes knew, Paul knew, and Jesus our LORD knew unless and until they "follow".  Jesus endured it ALL, yet without sin.  For the life of me, I can't envision Christ CONSUMED with 'sorrow' even though He did FULLY EXPERIENCE it.  What CONSUMED Him was love...and that it a gift that works both today and without ever failing. 

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:01:41 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 10:58:02 AM »

Evil is in the world for many reasons.  They are too numerous to list. 

The writer of Ecclesiastes also understood the reason we experience evil:

Eccl 1:13 - "I applied my heart to inquiring− and exploring by wisdom on concerning all that is done under the heavens: It is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it."

This is the Concordant Version of the Old Testament translation of Ecclesiastes 1:13.  From the first time I heard Ray use this translation of this scripture, I knew that it was on target.  It explains so much to me.  God's plan is PERFECT.  Trust and have FAITH that this humbling process has a grand purpose for our ultimate GOOD.

René

Kat

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »

Hi George,

John 15:18  "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
v. 19  If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

This is the age when the whole human race must have an "experience of evil"... "to know good and evil," the evil is a necessary part of knowledge and so it is everywhere, that everybody may partake in it. So as a real believer there must be a conflict with the world. The carnal human nature drives people to seek to satisfy the lust of the flesh, this is not good, it's actually diametrically opposed from the ways of God, that's why we have the world as it is for now.

Rom 8:6  To focus our minds on the human nature leads to death, but to focus our minds on the Spirit leads to life and peace.
v. 7  That is why the mind that focuses on human nature is hostile toward God. It refuses to submit to the authority of God's Law because it is powerless to do so. (ISV)

Yes as a believer living in a hostile world can be tricky, to be in the world and not of the world. I think we should try not to stir up trouble for ourselves by provoking people, which can be so easily done. Sure we should give an answer when asked, but in certain situations our silence can be just as effective. Pick your battles wisely and as Paul try and live quietly.

1Th 4:11  Also, make it your goal to live quietly, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we instructed you,
v. 12  so that you may win the respect of outsiders, and have need of nothing.

But as an elect we are being trained to judge and in the next age we'll have to deal with these same wicked people. Unfortunately the way to really understand this wickedness in people, without doing it ourselves, is to actually experience it by being exposed to it from them. I think that is what is necessary to know it to a degree that you really do understand the mind of these people. So that seems to be the way God is teaching us, by showing us with first hand experience these things.

1John 2:15  Stop loving the world and the things that are in the world. If anyone persists in loving the world, the Father's love is not in him.
v. 16  For everything that is in the world—the desire for fleshly gratification (the lust of the flesh), the desire for possessions (the lust of the eyes), and worldly arrogance (the pride of life)—is not from the Father but is from the world.
v. 17  And the world and its desires are fading away, but the person who does God's will remains forever (to the age). (ISV)

To reign with Him in the next age is the highest honor any human being will ever receive, have hope and remain firm in that hope... the end may be nearer than we think...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

CEO

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »

Hi

You have discovered the GREAT news of salvation for all.  You have been made aware of Gods plan for man which has been hidden from billions of humans.  You have been blessed with revelation others have no clue of, and have no joy????  Do you not grasp we are being shown things which lead us to the highest positions in all of creation, the royal priesthood the high calling, and are not joyful??  Read and re-read 'what is the kingdom of heaven in Ray's transcripts 2005  to remind you of what God has in store!!

Askseeknock

Charles O

ez2u

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 01:30:54 AM »

yes Charles but Abram saw the city of God from afar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.