bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God 'All in All'  (Read 3621 times)

cheekie3

God 'All in All'
« on: August 03, 2014, 05:12:13 AM »

All -

is there a Scriptural meaning to God being 'All in All'?

We know God is Sovereign - so does this not mean that He is 'All in All' and is, was and always will be?

Or is the difference between now and when He will be 'All in All' - 'the tree of the knowledge of good and evil' and 'the tree of life'?

George.

Kat

Re: God 'All in All'
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 11:19:53 PM »

Hi George,

Look how Paul uses that term when speaking to the believers.

1Cor 12:4  There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
v. 5  There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
v. 6  And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.

Here he is explaining that it is God's Spirit that is doing all/everything that is being worked within the body of the elect believers. It is ALL being worked out through them directly by God's Spirit in them. Paul also explains how the terms is applied at resurrection.

Col 3:4  When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Col 3:11  where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all. (NKJV)

Col 3:11  where there is not Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, foreigner, Scythian, servant, freeman--but the all and in all--Christ. (Young's)

Here he is talking to the believers about what it is to be one with God, to join with Father and Son... God through Christ will then be their ALL - the total sum of every possible need to and for His elect. His Spirit filling them and they being joined with Him that they are one, so they may rule with Him... just as Christ is one with the Father and He knew the will of the Father and did it perfectly. Christ not really separate from the Father, but yet He has given the Son His own identity, so it will be with the elect. Christ will be ALL things to and for them, Beginning and End, First and Last , Alpha and Omega... EVERYTHING!

Rev 1:8  "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Rev 22:13  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."

Now again Paul used this same term to explain the final outcome of what is being accomplished in God's plan here.

1Cor 15:28  Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

Finally the end of God's plan for this creation will be completed, when all human and spirit beings will be completely united in harmonious agreement as one in the God family... God will be ALL - EVERYTHING! Then Christ will have completely revealed the Father, He will be known and revered as the omnipotent One over/in ALL... ALL in ALL!

John 10:27  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
v. 28  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
v. 29  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
v. 30  I and My Father are one."

1Cor 15:24  Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

cheekie3

Re: God 'All in All'
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:23:53 AM »

Kat -

Thank you for these meaningful Scriptures.

I agree with your summaries.

Regards, George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.