bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming out of Babylon  (Read 4917 times)

Mike Gagne

Coming out of Babylon
« on: August 05, 2014, 01:50:06 AM »

Is it just me?  This is how it happened in short! Met Jesus in the hole in jail, read his word for the first time. 3 yrs latter crying face off and cried out to God oh please God!, and God answered because I saw his light and that had to be in the spirit because it wasn't in the natural! 1 1/2 yrs later he called me to the church, and in that time he cleaned up a 17yr addiction to methamphetamines/speed by injection and my language,even stopped  cursing. I was back working and he was putting my life together. I was attending church but was always looking for something. Nothing really ever fit after nine years. 10 months ago God called me out of the church, I was literally singing come out from among them and not knowing why! Lol. A friend on Facebook was telling me that it was God who calls us and we don't make the decision to fallow God! Anyhow God used him to bring down my spiritual house of sand! The sovereignty of God is what brought that house down and I left the church. I read a book called sonplacing and what God needed me to start to know about His sovereignty He showed me from there! A person on Facebook was also talking the same thing so I ask if he new any web sites that where saying the things he was talking and he told me to look up LRay Smith, and that's how I came out of Babylon. Now the reason I said all that is because since coming out it seems I am going the wrong way! I know God has been opening my eyes to the truths of  LRay teachings. Even when I read others like P Ebys or that book sonplacing I can seen some of there stuff isn't right. So I believe God is granting me repentance to the truth of his word. But lately I seem to be going or acting like the world again!  I can't hang out with church people, I can't talk with them about anything and if I do they say I am a false prophet, I rather hang out with those who aren't called! And that doesn't seem to work,I am swearing like them , in these last 10 months I been tempted to go and get speed and use again two times,one of them today. And these are hard temptations!  I never was tempted like that in the church. I have been falling short and it's starting to get me thinking that I am going the wrong way. Is it just me? Or has this happened to any of you who have been called out of Babylon?

loretta

Re: Coming out of Babylon
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 03:37:56 AM »

You're not alone there Mike.  It seems the temptations are worse outside the hallowed sanctity of the church.  Guess its where the rubber meets the road - the testing, resisting, falling down and rising up, tasting evil with a newer understanding, learning anew, always learning. A humbling experience. Hang in there. I have prayed for you. And for me.

dave

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:43:22 AM »

Agreed!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »

Mike, should I "lose the faith", I'll be back in the world before I am back 'in church'.  I had already been 'out' for more than twenty years, and my 'testimony' is too complicated to even relate properly.

I agree with the others.  My Lord Jesus spent most of His time with the 'unwashed' of the world...yet without sin.  Follow Him.

And then there were times He just had to get away by Himself.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:41:05 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

santgem

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 04:15:22 AM »

Should i say i am alone in this lonely place of  dessert in Saudi Arabia.  :-[

Well i found the truth through the Spirit of the Lord and my Lord Spirit is with me..........
Ray's letter is a reminder.......

Still enduring the hardship, the racial discrimination, being believers of Christ, being mocked in spite of my education, being afraid because there are wolves outside, being careful of the materials i am secretly keeping because once caught brings to deportation and hundred of
lashes, being belong to the country of poor, being poor because in our culture we supports parents, extended families, being afraid of losing jobs and what Else's, being rob of the rewards  of my good performance and  accomplishments that should be given to me  and taken out of me by other Muslim nationalities because i am their enemy for being a believers of Christ as dictated by their Holy Quran, being to be careful not to touch carpet they are praying with when doing their sala or prayer, being forced to join to become Muslim for most of the time........ah there's a lot...........

Can i endure all of these without the Lord in me?.................God is Good!

You people are more luckier! ;)

jojoross

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 06:05:51 PM »

Mike,

I have to agree with everyone here.  Since coming out of her I have been experiencing some sins that I haven't had to deal with since I was part of: MYSTERY, BABYLON, THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH!

If we are true followers of Christ, He wll NEVER gives us something that we can't overcome.  You know Gods Truth.  We are going to suffer as Christ followers, that is the truth.  We can't let the suffering for Christ get us down!  In the end it will bring JOY!

1 Peter 4:13 (KJV)-But REJOICE, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Praying for you Mike!

Gods Peace,
Jordan

P.S.  Thanks Santgem for your post.  Definitely humbled me for sure :)

Mike Gagne

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »

Thank you all for your comments and prayers!  This weekend I was reading the lake of fire series, and the last chapter I read was the synagogue of satan. Just yesterday it hit me!, that while I was in satans church and worshipping him he didn't need to do anything to me. There I was sitting there deceived,blind to the truth of who I was worshipping. It's interesting that while I was there it seemed that he left me alone! Lol the defeated enemy as the church teaches. Now that God is opening my eyes I guess I should expect trials and tribulations to continue! Praise God!! May Gods will be done in my life....:)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 12:43:13 AM »

Hi Mike,

It may be a little late but here's my story.
When you are in a physical group you feel safe and protected. Especially when you are doing some sort of "works" for salvation or for self satisfaction. e.g. helping others, giving up old habits etc.
Then when you leave that cocoon of protection and put your trust in God and His son you find that God is invisible and that God's cocoon of protection is difficult to sense and feel and understand. (I guess that is like; first the physical then the spiritual)

God's blanket of protection doesn't seem to envelop us all at once. Sure it's there, but it is hard to recognize and feel and believe. All of that comes with practice and as I'm sure you know, practice takes time and practice hurts those unused muscles and brain cells.

I've come to the point in my old life that it seems that my own failings are more of a temptation than Satan's wiles seem to be. Not always, I'm still tempted and seeking God's protection, but I'm also wrongly content to endure the failures of my life when my conscience tells me I should be honoring God with my best effort each and every day.

That is why scripture tells us to not fail to assemble ourselves together for prayer and fellowship and support such as we have here on the BT forum.

Keep on keeping on the journey is long but it is still just one day at a time.

Warm regards, Indiana Bob

Heb 12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Heb 12:3  For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Heb 12:4  Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Heb 12:5  And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Heb 12:6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.