bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Job issue  (Read 2985 times)

jojoross

Job issue
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:07:59 PM »

Hey everybody,

I have been in a job that is extremely difficult for me to handle.  It is extremely stressful for my personality type.  I also have been dealing with sin at this job.  I work in sales and I strive to be 100% honest in all my doings.  I want to because God has told us to be.  But sometimes I say a little white lie just to avoid trouble.  I hate it!  I have been doing this job for over 3 years and I still struggle with this.

I am thinking that it is time to find a job that doesn't put me in this situation.  I know that it is Gods will for me to be going through this trial in my life.  And believe me it has really helped me see that even a white lie is a lie and a lie is a sin.  With that said, I have been looking for a job elsewhere.  Prayers and any advice, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Gods Peace,
Jordan 

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Job issue
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:36:52 PM »

hi jordan.  i don't have any job advice.  i do pray on your behalf, that God will honor your desire to find work where "fudging" the numbers, in order to keep the job is not a common mode of action.  yep, our Abba Father does not like liars, or lies.  little white ones, or great big old neon ones. 

above all else, God is love.

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:21:40 AM »

Prayers for you too

It can be difficult in certain situations but I know for me it's the truth that sets me free

John 8:31  So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,
John 8:32  and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Keep reading the word and Ray's articles that's what helps me in this area and others. I don't know of any other way, they all fail except God's way. The more you love the truth the more you want to live every moment in the truth.

I'm not sure changing jobs will change the issue as you could have even more circumstances that will lead you to lie and you could find yourself in a worse position. Just my thoughts but keep praying as if God has something else for you then it will come. What is important is what you do now in the present situation.

Col 3:9  Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices
Col 3:10  and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.

Grace be with you
Rhys
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:26:23 AM by Rhys »
🤫

jojoross

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 02:45:07 PM »

Thanks Claudia and Rhys.  God is love and keep reading Gods Word!  Amen!

Gods Peace,
Jordan

ez2u

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 02:38:10 AM »

yea lying mar's our souls nasty critters
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.