bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "There's So Much In There"  (Read 7262 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
"There's So Much In There"
« on: August 09, 2014, 12:48:53 AM »

How many times have we heard Ray say "There's so much in there" and "You've got to pay attention to all the words?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziGD7vQOwl8

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: "There's So Much In There"
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 02:30:53 AM »

;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

santgem

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 07:18:35 AM »

Ray say "There's so much in there" and "You've got to pay attention to all the words?"

Yes there is so much in there.........

And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist.  1Jo 2:22

Anyone who denies the Son doesn’t have the Father, either. But anyone who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.   1Jo 2:23

It is their major teaching, It is the cause of life of individual if you believe above passage, It is them who believe that Jesus did not die, It is them who believe Jesus but not the true Jesus who died for our sins, It is them that believe that the mother of Jesus is the brother of Aaron and Moises, It is them who said that the Bible is changed and distorted and gone, It is them that permitted in their Holy book to kill the believers of Christ, It is them believing not to give peace to those unbelievers which in fact is the true believers, It is them to force the unbelievers to become believers but in truth is they wanted the believers to become unbelievers and if you will not obey may cause your life, It is them that justice is killing in the name of God, It is them who believe that the savior is their prophet and not Jesus, It Is them that believe that there is no helper except their chosen prophet and more powerful than god, It is their belief, It is their belief, It is their belief...........You will be amazed if i put all these things with their holy writings against Holy Scripture................... No need of course because there is so much in there that you need to pay attention.............

Don't you  see the antichrist?

There's so much in there" and "You've got to pay attention to all the words?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »

No need of course because there is so much in there that you need to pay attention.

What is this supposed to mean? Is this sarcasm? Why is there no need? Are you ridiculing what Ray said?

Just keep in mind that everyone is exactly the person God determined before the foundations of the world and everything is according to His plan.

When we find ourselves judging God's plan the spirit of the antichrist is abiding in us.

santgem

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 10:38:14 AM »

No need of course because there is so much in there that you need to pay attention.

What is this supposed to mean? Is this sarcasm? Why is there no need? Are you ridiculing what Ray said?

Just keep in mind that everyone is exactly the person God determined before the foundations of the world and everything is according to His plan.

When we find ourselves judging God's plan the spirit of the antichrist is abiding in us.

Greetings!

When i said  "No need of course because there is so much in there that you need to pay attention" i am referring to an idea of  "antichrist"...........................We are not allowed to discuss teachings besides Rays teaching, and i am agreeing with that....

I do not want to elaborate more on  "antichrist" unless otherwise others warrant me to prove on it using Scriptures versus Scriptures!

Did you know that there is exactly Holy Book that is totally opposite with that of Holy Scripture and it causes division among humans?
With these opposite  holy Books there will be no peace on earth!

That is the main concept leading to antichrist.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 11:30:16 AM »

I was simply reinforcing what Ray says about paying attention to all the words.

Why are you talking about the antichrist in this topic? It's not germane.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 11:35:50 AM »

Interesting video, yes I can agree that David was a much more formidable foe with his sling than most realize, but I do not believe that Goliath was a feeble giant with very poor eyesight. It looks like Ted did not heed his own advise to pay attention to the words.

1Sa 17:33  Saul told David, "You can't go against this Philistine and fight him. You are only a young man, but he has been a warrior since his youth."

That phrase indicates to me that there was nothing feeble about this giant. Ted said that the gigantism was caused by a tumor on the pituitary gland, which he may have been indicating caused him to be more like a freak of nature that had other abnormalities, including poor eyesight. Yet the Bible speaks quite a few times of giants.

Deu 2:20  It also was known to be a land of giants. Giants lived there in past times. And the Ammonites call them Zamzumim,

Num 13:33  And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, of the giants. And we were in our own sight like grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Joshua 12:4  The other king was Og king of Bashan and his territory, who was of the remnant of the giants, who dwelt at Ashtaroth and at Edrei,

Deu 3:11  For only Og king of Bashan remained of the rest of the giants. Behold! His bedstead was a bedstead of iron. Is it not in Rabbath of the sons of Ammon? Nine cubits (cubit anywhere from 17 inches (43.2 centimeters) to 21 inches, so conservatively 13 1/2 feet) was its length, and four cubits (6 feet) its width, according to the cubit of a man.

There seems to have once been an actual race of giants that lived on earth, there is even some archeological evidence of it. But what I'm getting at is that Goliath was also a very formidable foe that David went up against, which makes the victory that much more impressive. 

In this story/parable it seems like David was taking on a formidable enemy of Israel (God's chosen people), a great giant warrior, just as the elect take on formidable giants temptation in the world... only God's Spirit can give us the strength that will delivery us, just as He did for David.

1Sa 17:37  And David said, Jehovah who has delivered me out of the paw of the lion and out of the paw of the bear, He will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said to David, Go, and may Jehovah be with you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:54:15 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 02:04:54 PM »

There is still a "race" of giants walking the earth.  They call themselves the NBA.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

santgem

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 03:17:34 PM »

It has to do with Goliath.................

Nowadays they were the goliath.....................They are chasing to kill small David. :)

Abednego

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »

Good story, but it seems to me he's missing the mark.  It sounds to me like he is saying that David was trusting in his ability with the sling and I don't believe that.

Two of the scriptures in that story:

And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God? (1 Samuel 17:26 KJV) (bold mine)

and

The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.” Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you.” (1 Samuel 17:37 NIV)

Sounds to me like David had the same frame of mind as Caleb....

And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. (Numbers 13:30 KJV)

David didn't need a sling.  He could have gone down with his bare hands and God would have given him the victory.  Also:

And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him. (1 Samuel 17:35 KJV) (bold mine)

He had hands on there, he wasn't using a sling.

Just my $.02

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »

"Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world."

"Fear not, for I have overcome the world.."

The 'giants' that I face are large, but they are not without weaknesses.  Indeed, "poor vision" is the primary weakness.

Was David a shepherd without the will of the Father?  Were the skills he learned and executed against bears and lions just co-incidence, not in the plan of God?  Do the traits He has developed in us have nothing to do with faith?  If not, then what good is 'learning righteousness'? 

Are we supposed to 'fight' these giants with the same weapons and tactics that the Giants use?

Mat 10:16  Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

The weapons of OUR warfare are not carnal (like David's rocks and sling and the sword with which he eventually removed Goliath's head), and our 'fight' is not against flesh and blood.  But it did me good to think about this story deeper than the surface.  Thanks, Dennis.

I know that David had faith that day.  First, he said as much.  Then he put his body on the line.  He also carried with him the knowledge that he would prevail.  FAITH isn't blind.  It's the EXPECTATION of things not seen.   
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:26:42 PM by Dave in Tenn »

Joel

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 03:51:52 AM »

What I get out of this account of David, Saul, Goliath, and the two opposing armies is; David had just been anointed to become the next king after Saul.
This confrontation was a witness that David was in the process of becoming a great leader sanctioned of God to do just that.
David always gave God the glory for the things he had done for him in the past.
Saul had his day, and it was coming to a close in a bad way.
Not so sure that the description of Goliath's capabilities or lack there of are accurate. Were the lion, and bear old and toothless also?
The guy mentioned President Lincoln and his supposed condition. I heard that Lincoln was a crack shot with firearms, and was instrumental in getting better rifles for use in the union army.

Joel
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:18:08 AM by Joel »

santgem

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 04:32:33 AM »

Bible is a big giant parable...

David who is a shepherd, a shepherd is parable.........

The Lord is my shepherd

So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone.

The stone is parable

The stone is the Word.........

Goliath is a warrior

A warrior lives by his sword

"O you who have believed, fight those adjacent to you of the disbelievers and let them find in you harshness".........

The warrior was given a revelation by god

the warrior is the antichrist.............

and in due time will die by the Sword of the Word........

So whatever topic or areas that will pop-up here in the forum based on the Scripture, that will lead us all to the main character of the bible...........

Whether it is sin, antichrist, David, Goliath, satan, believers, unbelievers, parable, will lead us all to the main character of the scripture........

Bible is a big giant parable, your understanding maybe differ with mine, mine understanding may be differ from yours, what is important is to listen to every individual their understanding in as much as they are not violating the rules in the forum.

and may i ask a favor not to limit or tame the understanding of the believers as long as He/She not violates the rules in the forum..........

Thank you all!

zvezda

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 10:27:17 AM »

Interesting video, yes I can agree that David was a much more formidable foe with his sling than most realize, but I do not believe that Goliath was a feeble giant with very poor eyesight. It looks like Ted did not heed his own advise to pay attention to the words.

I don't think the gaint had poor eyesight either. The speaker also said "Secondly, the Bible story makes special note of how slowly Goliath moves, another odd thing to say when you're describing the mightiest warrior known to man at that point" (from the transcript at https://www.ted.com/talks/malcolm_gladwell_the_unheard_story_of_david_and_goliath/transcript), I can't find where in bible does it say the giant moves slowly.

1 Samuel 17:42 And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance.

Not only did the giant see David, but also was able to see that David was a handsome young boy. Poor eyesight? Don't think so.

1 Samuel 17:16 And the Philistine drew near morning and evening, and presented himself forty days.

I wondered if the giant was so tired after going up and down the mountain for 40 days, hence it made him feeble when David arrived.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:11:15 AM by zvezda »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 08:35:53 AM »

The premise of his talk is David was not the underdog (as taught by the church).

He may have gotten some facts wrong but I believe his premise is correct. David was not the underdog as popularly taught.

If anything David had the advantage with his sling (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7oKRj-OUV4) and could not lose because Almighty God was with him.

We reference the story of David and Goliath all the time to describe how an individual (underdog) takes on big government, big business, etc. A near impossible situation. This is what comes to mind when we hear "David and Goliath."

The church teaches this was an impossible situation and young David was the underdog, but he prevailed.

But the exact opposite is true. David was not in an impossible situation. He had all the power to begin with.

Once more the church has it 180 degrees wrong.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 12:06:47 AM »

Still thinking on this, Dennis, and had this thought today.

Before I can lay any sliver of claim that David is a type of (represents) me, I have to recognize that David here is a type of (represents) Christ.  He 'puts His body on the line' in unshakeable faith in the power and plan of the Father and slays His spiritual enemies.   

So if 'he' is 'Christ' in this battle, who am I?  I reckon I am Goliath.  And now that I share in a small part of this Faith of His--HIS faith--I agree with Job when he says, "Though He slay me, yet will I serve Him." 

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 03:35:23 PM »

Still thinking on this, Dennis, and had this thought today.

Before I can lay any sliver of claim that David is a type of (represents) me, I have to recognize that David here is a type of (represents) Christ.  He 'puts His body on the line' in unshakeable faith in the power and plan of the Father and slays His spiritual enemies.   

So if 'he' is 'Christ' in this battle, who am I?  I reckon I am Goliath.  And now that I share in a small part of this Faith of His--HIS faith--I agree with Job when he says, "Though He slay me, yet will I serve Him." 

Never thought of it that way Dave. But I 'think' Ray use to say the bible is about the called and the chosen. So what you just said makes some sense in that light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.