bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From Facebook  (Read 3265 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
From Facebook
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:15:47 PM »

I recently got into contact with a old friend from High School.  I didn't have that many friends, but he and two other guys along with me formed the 'four musketeers' battling the forces of High School pointlessness.  It'd been 40 years since we last spoke.

I don't know what his 'religious affiliation' is now, or even if he has one.  Back then, we were basically just a bunch of booger-heads and it was probably only me that took the whole religion thing very seriously...not that it did me any good at all...some of you can relate I'm sure.

Anyway, I asked the question on Facebook, "Where would you be without God"? and here's what he said. 

"Without God" was like taking a cruise on a ship with plenty of power and no semblance of a rudder, wandering aimlessly , banging into things occasionally, causing pain to myself and others, or sometimes just going around in meaningless, purposeless circles. It could be that God saw an iceberg in my future because he dispatched exactly the right kind of rescue chopper which got me off the ship of fools. The paths from and to God are way longer for some than others and, almost invariably, the space between the "from" and "to" involves a fair amount of pain and regret. Most people believe that the time in torment can be eternal but I don't. Core knowledge is hard to come by but there's nothing more certain than knowing I'd never ever give up and simply wash my hands of any son or daughter of mine. Yet how much greater would there be a capacity for love, compassion, and forgiveness if one considers The Old Block, off whom we're all chips? I believe the "Old Block" is an eternal Optimist in every sense of eternity and optimism.

I thought it was cool enough to be worth sharing.  I'll bow to the other mods if they think this is 'teaching', but I just think it's a 'testimony' and one I relate to very much.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
Re: From Facebook
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »

I could be wrong, but his comments sound like he may be "ripe" for having his eyes opened to the truths we have come to learn.  If that is the case, God will give you the opportunity to share the bible-truth website with him.  Keep us updated if this happens and how he responses. :)

René

lostANDfound

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 06:47:27 PM »

I love this.  Did you even get into a meaningful conversation about this with him Dave? 
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

lostANDfound

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 06:48:39 PM »

Don't mind me, I'm wandering through old stuff I wasn't able to see in my absence.   ;)
Learning, learning.  Ever so slowly.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:12:39 PM »

Yes and no.  BT is listed in my facebook profile.  I don't "preach" much there, and he's not particularly active, so there hasn't been a lot of back and forth on the subject...some, but not a lot.  As far as I'm concerned, he has "the faith" and I'm not too concerned with the details of his own set of beliefs.  He rarely if ever posts a "biblically-themed" message.  I'm just sure God has him where He wants him to be, and he's blessed both with faith and a hard-earned "optimism", which may not be the exact same thing, but are at least close-cousins, as far as I'm concerned.  He's also blessed with an ability to communicate it...something I don't really remember him having in HS.  Maybe he did, and I didn't listen.  Maybe I just thought I did, but didn't. 

His words are LIFE.  LIFE changes things.  If it doesn't, I don't reckon I've lived.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jingle52

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 06:35:42 AM »

Hi Dave,
I liked your last remark re Life... it's so true that we are spiritually dead until we are called and our eyes opened.

Jingle
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.