bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pastors, Deacons, and Bishops  (Read 3760 times)

jojoross

Pastors, Deacons, and Bishops
« on: August 12, 2014, 03:35:06 PM »

What up my sis and bros in Christ,

So for some reason this has been on my mind the past couple of days.  Bare with me pleasseee  :)

When we see positions in the New Testament within the body of Christ like pastors, deacons, bishops, I am assuming we are supposed to view these positions as spiritual positions.  Such as we all can be a pastor to a flock. being a deacon (host, friend, teacher) to a fellow believer or a bishop (a superintendent or overseer) to the body of Christ?  Am I on the right path here?  Thanks!

Gods Peace,
Jordan

wat

Re: Pastors, Deacons, and Bishops
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:32:08 PM »

I believe Ray talks about this in his Church Government audios. Doesn't look like there's a transcript though.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:16:14 PM »

Jordan,

As far as I know--and I may be wrong--the deacons and elders in the New Testament were part of actual congregations that met in the flesh.

Ray said in one of his audios--perhaps the Church Government one--that the reason we don't "ordain elders in every city" (Titus 1:5) is because we don't have believers in every city. There are so few of us who believe the truths of God. But maybe one day...

jojoross

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 04:17:12 PM »

Thanks Loc for that audio!  Helped a lot.

Extol,

I feel you brother. That definitely resonates.  It seems like that "one day" is not going to happen from what I can tell.  I guess Jesus said it best:

Luke 18:8 (KJV)-I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Thanks again for the comments.

Gods Peace,
Jordan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.