bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you do if...  (Read 5677 times)

acomplishedartis

What would you do if...
« on: August 18, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »

What would you do if... you had all this knowledge regarding God's plan, and had no family with you, no place you can call

home, no aspirations for traveling and get know new places, no-one really waiting for you anywhere, no

aspirations for starting a family, no aspirations for having a house, no aspirations for making big money, 

but only the ability to survive well almost anywhere you would decide to go (trough craft and labor skills); and a young and healthy body and mind  ....

ps. This post is not about sad existential troubles... Our goal in life is to lead a quiet and piety life, working with our own hands, minding our own business...  If you put attention, this is just kind of an exiting scenario to think about.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:16:43 PM by Moises G. »

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: What would you do if...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM »

I think I'd just stay prayerful for God to open up the way for me to serve people. All the knowledge of God's plan does us very little good if we don't live a life of love. You can do that with or without a family, a home, a big career. In fact, career and stuff often get in the way of living a life of service.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:35:21 PM »

Hi Octoberose

What a good response. Thanks for sharing.
Also it's true that you can't truly love people (unselfishly) without the knowledge of God's plan of the salvation of all. From this knowledge God can give us faith, and from this faith we can get patience, self control, brotherly love, agape love, etc. (which are the necessary tools to love people unselfishly).

Another thing to mention is that all the good deeds we could be able to perform do very little good to us, if we don't do them out of true love. (Specially because vanity and our ego often get on the way).

I believe Ray did I good job on serving people. And I know a couple other persons who do alike.

Lately I have been traveling a lot. I do have a few projects, plans, and small aspirations. But I will stay prayerful for God to open up the way for what's next for me.

Everyone feel free to try my shoes at least for a little bit on this thread!

lareli

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:56:20 PM »

You could start a cult.  ;)
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »

Hey Moises,

I sympathesize with you greatly my dear brother. I know that if my medical eandevors fall through I don't know where I will go or what I will do. I will know soon though if my pursuit into medicine is going to be taking a drastic turn or not. It is a bit worrisome no matter how much we try and keep our eyes on Christ. We are all still very human.

I want to provide for my family but if this dream of mine falls and fails, though I know I am not abandoned by God, I certainly worry about how I will provide for them. God says that He feeds the sparrows and that they worry not what they shall eat, and the lilies of the fields too... so I know God will provide but as I said, we are all human.

I'm here for you dear brother, we are the body of Christ and we should care for one another.

Galatians 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
Romans 12:9-13 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.  In love of the brethren be tenderly affectioned one to another; in honor preferring one another; in diligence not slothful; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;  rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing stedfastly in prayer; communicating to the necessities of the saints; given to hospitality.

John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:55:40 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 06:36:45 PM »

All the knowledge of God's plan does us very little good if we don't live a life of love.

this says it all. 

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 12:13:11 AM »

Hi Alex.

If God's will; sometime soon I will get an old cool suv, start my mobile business, and stop by and visit you and our brother Don as well.

If your medical eandevors fall through, maybe it's not that big of a deal. You can surely find something less consuming, like being a nurse or a technician, or something alike; then maybe you will have more time for your personal bible studies and other things... Just saying... from a friend to another friend....

love you brother
stay strong.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 12:15:52 AM »

You could start a cult.  ;)

mmm... cults are already overrated...   ;)

Eventually I will just settle down in peace close to the sea, that's it.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 01:06:32 AM »

Hi Alex.

If God's will; sometime soon I will get an old cool suv, start my mobile business, and stop by and visit you and our brother Don as well.

If your medical eandevors fall through, maybe it's not that big of a deal. You can surely find something less consuming, like being a nurse or a technician, or something alike; then maybe you will have more time for your personal bible studies and other things... Just saying... from a friend to another friend....

love you brother
stay strong.

Thank you for the encouragement brother. More time for bible studies doesn't sound like such a bad thing to me! :)

I look forward to seeing you. Just remember, I have a car too!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

octoberose

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 02:24:25 AM »

Hi Octoberose

What a good response. Thanks for sharing.
Also it's true that you can't truly love people (unselfishly) without the knowledge of God's plan of the salvation of all. From this knowledge God can give us faith, and from this faith we can get patience, self control, brotherly love, agape love, etc. (which are the necessary tools to love people unselfishly).

Another thing to mention is that all the good deeds we could be able to perform do very little good to us, if we don't do them out of true love. (Specially because vanity and our ego often get on the way).

I believe Ray did I good job on serving people. And I know a couple other persons who do alike.

Lately I have been traveling a lot. I do have a few projects, plans, and small aspirations. But I will stay prayerful for God to open up the way for what's next for me.

Everyone feel free to try my shoes at least for a little bit on this thread!

octoberose

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 02:45:24 AM »

Your comment made me think of some things  Ray said. I'm pretty sure he talked about how those who believed in a hell of everlasting torture would treat people inhumanely and just figure that God tortures his enemies so why wouldn't we? That's not a quote but it's the meaning I remember.  Because God loves extravagantly, selflessly, without limits, so should we. This is the great gift in His revelation to us that He truly is Good and we can trust Him with everything because He is worthy of that trust.
  The apostle Paul had no family that I know of- especially after his conversion. And his career was making tents. But look what he did! When we are weak, He is strong. You will find your place Moises because God has already made a way for you. 

lareli

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 05:35:50 PM »

Moises I don't know if you've ever seen the movie 'into the wild' but if I were in your shoes I'd probably do something like what the main character did in that movie.. Kid came from a well-to-do family and after he graduates college he gives away all his money and basically travels across country as a wanderer meeting different folks, living off the kindness of strangers and working an odd job here and there just to earn enough money to continue the journey. Eventually ends up alone in the Alaskan wilderness and dies there. Of course I wouldn't want to die alone or in the fashion that he died.

You have a relationship with and a deep knowledge of God, no aspirations for money or fame or family and basic skills to survive.. I would go on a journey and learn more about myself by meeting new people and spending time alone in new situations.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

acomplishedartis

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 08:07:54 PM »

Hi Largeli.

I saw that movie. I thought the guy was kind of naive. But, whatever... Actually I have already go trough kind of similar experiences (except for the last part of the movie). Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

I would love to share some of my last weeks of traveling (Right now I find my self visiting Ashland Oregon for a couple days), but I have no time right now to give justice to my story. Maybe I will, eventually when I have more time on my hands...

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:40:25 AM by Moises G. »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.