bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Debating on the forum  (Read 4116 times)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Debating on the forum
« on: August 29, 2014, 11:17:57 AM »

At the risk of resurrecting an old thread [which I can't because it's locked] I think folks might want to reread the thread at the top of this section which is stickied.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9966.0.html

If a mod wants to delete this and just bump the stickied thread that would be fine.  I will quote a very pertinent paragraph imo;

'How 'bout the forum.  Why do we not allow teaching?  Because it is always open to debate, I say you are wrong and then you want me to prove why you are wrong and so it goes.  It is all very tiresome.  We are brought here by the scriptures and the knowledge conveyed to Ray, we should mostly be in agreement, if you disagree only Ray can or should  defend his writings.  When the time comes when Ray can no longer answer for himself perhaps God will show the way, but maybe not, it is all of Him.  If I took a tenth of the knowledge I've learned here and let its message live in me, it would take all of my lifetime to even begin.  Why do we rush things so much, why can't we be content to let God's knowledge seep into us.  Remember it took Paul many years to begin his ministry.  Many years of learning but more importantly many years of dieing to self.'

When I joined the forum one of the things I valued the most is that the mods didn't allow threads that devolved into teachings apart from what Ray taught on.  Ray has left us enough material to last most of us the rest of our lives.  I go through the lake of fire series at least twice a year and each time things jump out at me that I have not seen before.  The hallmark of Babylon is confusion and the threads that turn into debates resolve themselves in confusion, especially for those that are just beginning to learn some of the truths that many of us might now take for granted.  We don't want to set up stumbling blocks before them.

Are Ray's teachings the sum of all knowledge on the subject?  Of course not.  He never said that or taught that and I would of ran away from here in a heartbeat if he ever went down that path because that is how cult followings are formed.  There are things that I believe that are somewhat contrary to how Ray saw it but thats fine.  Ray's understanding may of been greater than mine or God may be showing me some things that he never showed Ray....and that is also fine.  As others have said their are many other places on the Internet to debate fine points of theology if that's your bag.  It turns me off big time now.

I didn't start this thread to debate the issue!   ;)  ;)  ;)   But a gentle reminder can be helpful now and then to what this website was all about.  There are a number of things that I really wish Ray had taught on....but he ran out of time of course and I miss him greatly.  But, he completed the course that God had set out for him.  All those other questions and things God will reveal to us personally and in his time.  I thank those here whose responsibility it is to reign us in when we go off into tangents.  Let's keep this place what it was intended to be.

Off my soapbox..   8)

theophilus

Re: Debating on the forum
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 02:09:24 PM »

Well said Arion!

I have to admit that I have been left confused by these discussions. I don't know what to think anymore about who the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are. I suppose I will fall back on the trinity concept, which I previously held. For me, I think it's safer than oneness or binity.  ???

dave

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »

Well said Arion :) Well said!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »

Well said Arion!

I have to admit that I have been left confused by these discussions. I don't know what to think anymore about who the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are. I suppose I will fall back on the trinity concept, which I previously held. For me, I think it's safer than oneness or binity.  ???

You should, at the very least, know, that the trinity concept is unscriptural. If you are uncertain of this, re-read ray's material on it. He lays this out very clearly. Though the relationship between Father and Son may remain enigmatic in nature for some, it is not necessary to completely understand it to know that the trinity is unscriptural. Neither is it necessary to complete understand this relationship to handle some of the meat of God's Word.

Either way, I agree that we need to be careful with certain subjects, especially this one, as it can lead to the very confusion you describe.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 06:33:21 PM »

Hi Arion,

I’m in full agreement with your thoughts on this matter, when this forum strays from the teachings set fourth by Ray Smith we as a whole are put at risk of inaccurate knowledge by wolves in sheep clothing.

I find a good many threads are awesome and helpful, giving me a greater insight. To anyone who may find a thread confusing ( should always ) refer back to Rays teachings and of course if you should discover Ray had not taught on a particular subject , simply let it go.

I find the moderator on this forum are kind, patient and forgiving with some threads no doubt but in the end one of them always steps up to the plate and says not on my watch.

Great reminder Arion.    :)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:12:36 PM »

Anyone with complaints should join other forums for awhile and see how civil they are.

There is very little ugliness on this forum and when there is we try to stop it.

Considering this is a religious forum, it is very civil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.