bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's in control of the world  (Read 4577 times)

acomplishedartis

God's in control of the world
« on: September 03, 2014, 05:15:27 PM »

I am trying to add verses to my list, that show God's control and sovereignty on the world. Just to grasp a deeper understanding of this truth. If you can help, please add to my list.

-Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: FOR HE MAKETH HIS SUN TO RISE ON THE EVIL AND ON THE GOOD, AND SENDETH RAIN ON THE JUST AND ON THE UNJUST.

-Mat 6:25  Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26  Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mat 6:27  Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mat 6:28  And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29  And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

-Mat 10:30  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

-3 John 1:11  Beloved, do not be imitating the evil, but the good. He who is doing good is of God. He who is doing evil has not seen God."

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:31:57 PM by Moises G. »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: God's in control of the world
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »

Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 08:28:24 PM »

Isa 45:6  that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Isa 45:7  I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Php 2:13  for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Rom 10:12  For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all,  :)

jingle52

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 06:35:49 AM »

Hi Moises,
I love this verse and to me it shows the sovereignity of our great Creator God.

Acts 17: 26
And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings.

Jingle

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 06:29:43 PM »

1Jn 1:5  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1Jn 2:21  I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

1Jn 2:29  If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 07:51:49 PM »

All of Psalm 37 testifies to God's complete and total control over the fate of sinners and saints a like. The righteous and the wicked. Its such a beautiful piece of scripture. What wisdom. What a declaration and promise from our Lord. I can't help but be in complete and total aw of Him.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

acomplishedartis

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 10:15:57 PM »

Thanks Alex, and also thanks for everyone who has reply.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:53:44 PM by Moises G. »

hummer

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 02:08:10 AM »

24 "He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn't live in man-made temples, 25 and human hands can't serve his needs -- for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need there is. 26 From one man he created all the nations throughout the whole earth. He decided beforehand which should rise and fall, and he determined their boundaries. 27 "His purpose in all of this was that the nations should seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him -- though he is not far from any one of us. 28 For in him we live and move and exist. As one of your own poets says, 'We are his offspring.' 29 And since this is true, we shouldn't think of God as an idol designed by craftsmen from gold or silver or stone. 30 God overlooked people's former ignorance about these things, but now he commands everyone, everywhere to turn away from idols and turn to him. 31 For he has set a day for judging the world with justice by the man he has appointed, and he proved to everyone who this is by raising him from the dead." 32 When they heard Paul speak of the resurrection of a person who had been dead, some laughed, but others said, "We want to hear more about this later." 33 That ended Paul's discussion with them, 34 but some joined him and became believers. Among them were Dionysius, a member of the Council, a woman named Damaris, and others.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 09:19:22 PM »

It took me a while to put this together. It's like a ordered collage of verses from here and there, I mean from here (on this thread) and there (in my Bible), and also from Ray's writings.

The main Structure Scripture is Psalms 37:1-11 which is in red. And the rest of the verses fit pretty well. Anyway here is it:

I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found. (Psa 37:35-36) 

Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: FOR HE MAKETH HIS SUN TO RISE ON THE EVIL AND ON THE GOOD, AND SENDETH RAIN ON THE JUST AND ON THE UNJUST.

And

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

It is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it (CLV). (Ecclesiastes 1:13).

And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away. (Job 1:21-22).

But

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. (1Juan 1:15)

1Jn 2:21  …no lie is of the truth

Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

Bacause

“I am the LORD, and there is NONE else, there is NO God beside me”  (Isa. 45:6).

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without yourFather?" (Matt. 10:29).

Mat 10:30  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

After all

Php 2:13  for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Act 17:26  And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation ((Rotherham) marking out fitting opportunities, and the bounds of their dwelling place)

And

"To every thing there is a season [appointed time],and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecc. 3:1).

"I know that, whatsoever God does...NOTHING can be put to it, nor ANYTHING taken from it: and GOD does it" (Ecc. 3:14).

"Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with Thee, You have appointed his bounds that he cannot pass" (Job 14:5).

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

And because

A man's steps are from the LORD; how then can man understand his way?” (Prov. 20:24).

“O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself. It is not in man that walks to direct his steps
(Jer. 10:23).

Psa 37:23-24  From Yahweh, are the steps of a man made firm, When, with his way, he is well pleased: Though he fall, he shall not be hurled headlong, For, Yahweh, is holding his hand.

Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that WAIT UPON THE LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

Eph 1:11  …having been predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

“For OF Him, and THROUGH Him, and TO Him, are ALL THINGS…” (Rom. 11:36).

“And ALL THINGS are of God…” (II Cor. 5:;18).

“…calls those things which be NOT, as though they WERE”  (Rom. 4:17).

“Declaring the END from the BEGINNING…”  (Isa. 46:10).

“For in Him we LIVE, and MOVE, and have our BEING…” (Acts 17:28).

But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Isa. 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

2Peter 3:9 
The Lord is, not slack, concerning his promise, as some count, slackness; but is long-suffering with regard to you, not being minded that any should perish, but that, all, unto repentance, should come.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:35:18 PM by Moises G. »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 22 queries.