bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iraq  (Read 7362 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Iraq
« on: September 09, 2014, 05:43:30 AM »

Someone emailed this to me. I don't know how much of it is false, but some of it is interesting.

If you comment, no politics please.

1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq .

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq ...

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq ..

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq ...

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq ...

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq .

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq ...

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel .

10. Amos cried out in Iraq ..

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem ..

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq.

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery Furnace!).

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the 'writing on the wall' in Iraq .

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq ...

17. The wise men were from Iraq ...

18. Peter preached in Iraq ...

19. The 'Empire of Man' described in Revelation is called Babylon --which was a city in Iraq.

And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible.

But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq !

However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.

The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia ...
The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris And Euphrates Rivers.

The name Iraq means country with deep roots. Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel , has more history and prophecy associated with it than Iraq …

And also, this is something to think about:

Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages ...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)
Koran (9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle…

The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;
And there was peace.

(Note the verse number)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 05:46:28 AM by Dennis Vogel »

wat

Re: Iraq
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 09:12:27 AM »

That last part seemed too coincidental, so I looked it up. Turns out it's a hoax. That passage appears nowhere in the Koran. The actual verse 9:11 says "But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity,- they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand."

I was on one of those hoax busting websites and found a link to a page with a point by point analysis of this email, which I found to be quite educational.
http://www.lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVarticles/FlawsInTheIraqInterestingEMail.htm

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »

Half of them not true.

lareli

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 04:29:46 PM »

And also, this is something to think about:

Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages ...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)
Koran (9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle…

The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;
And there was peace.

(Note the verse number)

How's that 'peace' workin out so far?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

John from Kentucky

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »

I must have stepped into a wormhole and am in an alternative world.

We've sunk to a new low by quoting supposedly the Koran and a quirky email.

Also, it is not Scriptural that The Garden of Eden (if it is literal as opposed to symbolic) or the Flood occurred in Iraq.

After the Flood, the people journeyed from the East to arrive at the site of Babylon.  The conventional wisdom says the Ark landed on Mt. Ararat in modern day Turkey, which is located Northwest from Babylon.

But if the people traveled from the East then it means the Flood and Garden could have been located in Iran, Afghanistan, or India.

We just don't know for sure, but we do need to read all the words of Scripture and not follow the crowd.

And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar, and they dwelt there.  Gen 11:2

rick

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 05:22:15 PM »

Hello J from K,

Is it possible God has made you guardian of Rays writing. One thing I notice about you which is  you always bring any and all topics back down to the truth always using scripture to make your point as Ray also did.

Just wanted to make mention of what I see.  :)

John from Kentucky

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 08:14:58 PM »

Hello J from K,

Is it possible God has made you guardian of Rays writing. One thing I notice about you which is  you always bring any and all topics back down to the truth always using scripture to make your point as Ray also did.

Just wanted to make mention of what I see.  :)

Hello Rick,

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No God has not made me a guardian of anything.

I have no official or unofficial duties with this website.  I am just a member of the discussion group.  In fact they kicked me off the website in Sept. 2011 for three weeks because I was being obnoxious and arguing with another member over a Scriptural subject.  And I believe the moderators have not been pleased with some of my posts (O.K. many  ;D) over time.

I am a stranger and wanderer over the earth, looking for the coming of the Great King.  I have not been a member of any religious group for zillions of years. 

In October 2009 I came across this website.  Ray's writings clicked with me.  His articles were close to what I'd been learning from God.  I met Ray in November 2009 when I attended the Bible Conference in Mobile.  I spoke with Ray about 5 to 10 times in person and on the telephone.  I found him to be a gentleman and focused on the Scriptures.  He was a pleasure to speak with.

If anyone could be called a guardian of Ray's writings it would be his close friend and associate Dennis Vogel.
If Ray is Joseph Smith then Dennis is Brigham Young.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 09:51:33 PM »

Don't listen to him rick, he's actually an accountant!! An evil accountant associated with big banks, that's his religion!!  ;D ;D ;D
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »

I appreciate your openness and honesty, my apologies if I have resurrected any bad memories from an earlier time concerning this forum. They used to kick Christ out of the synagogue from what I understand .  ;)

Sometimes its difficult discerning between  truth and obnoxious , its just a matter of how one interprets I guess.

God bless you and keep the good work up.  :)

rick

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »

Hello Alex,

Not sure that an evil accountant can have the understanding of the things of God that J.F.k has,   Good humor tho, we can all use a laugh from time to time.

God bless.  :)

Abednego

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 10:27:58 PM »

Accountant...hmmmmmm. Didn't Jesus call them tax collectors?  ;D

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 11:57:47 PM »

Could this be JFK in the word

’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’

Just a thought  ;D

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 02:23:58 AM »

’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’

Just a thought  ;D

Rhys

ROFL!! Captain Piccard strikes again! Wait, or was that a star wars thing?? ;)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 03:24:04 AM »

It's more of a star trek meets star wars sort of thing  :D

Rhys  ;)
🤫

Abednego

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »

Just a thought  ;D

Rhys

I bet you're the guy that blurts out the punch line in the middle of a good joke.  ;D

ez2u

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 09:45:30 PM »

hey am  or was an accountant  " up with accountants"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.