bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on in the Middle East ? ....Let me explain  (Read 3266 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
What's going on in the Middle East ? ....Let me explain
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »

This is not politics or political, look at it as humour which is OR isn't funny depending on the reader  ;)

Are you confused by what is going on in the Middle East?
Let me explain.
We support the Iraqi government in the fight against ISIS.
We don’t like ISIS, but ISIS is supported by Saudi Arabia who we do like.
We don’t like Assad in Syria. We support the fight against him, but ISIS is also fighting against him.
We don’t like Iran, but Iran supports the Iraqi government in its fight against ISIS.
So some of our friends support our enemies, some enemies are now our friends,
and some of our enemies are fighting against our other enemies, who we want to lose,
but we don’t want our enemies who are fighting our enemies to win.
If the people we want to defeat are defeated, they could be replaced by people we like even less.
And all this was started by us invading a country to drive out terrorists
who were not actually there until we went in to drive them out.
It's quite simple, really.
Do you understand now?

:) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:33:40 PM by John9362 »

indianabob

Re: What's going on in the Middle East ? ....Let me explain
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:12:53 PM »

On the forum we don't do politics, but maybe this will pass for a history lesson.
We must be meant to be in the "middle East" or God wouldn't let us be there, but think of our motivation. Or at least the reasons we stated.

We went to Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein who was a cruel leader in that he didn't put up with any rebellion in "his" government. If anyone tried to unseat him he just took them outside the parliament and shot them in the head and took his seat at the head table saying anybody else disagree with me?

Of course he did permit Christians to live and work in Iraq as long as they minded their own business!!

Then we, the u.s., paid him to attack Iran and when that failed for some reason and he put all the war chest money in his personal account in Switzerland we got mad.

Then he rolled over Kuwait without asking us first and we got mad and sent half a million of our boys and girls over there to police things.

Now I have to suppose all of this is leading up to several of the world's armies moving into the valley of Megiddo so the Lord Jesus can come down and show them who's boss, but my first inclination is to ask, humanly speaking, why should America be there in any case.
Wouldn't it have been better to let these nomads in the Middle East have their own war games and we just sit on the sidelines and watch?
Really folks, what overall good have we done? Humanly speaking.
Would more or less civilian mothers and children have been killed if we had just stayed out and not tried to convert Muslims to our ways?

Ole Indiana Bob

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 11:08:18 PM »

Then he rolled over Kuwait without asking us first

As I recall he did inform the U.S. Foreign Minister Glaspie but she ignored it.

Nathan

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:36:22 PM »

1944 Bretton Woods Conference firmly established the U.S. Dollar as the global reserve currency.

1971, President Nixon officially ended the international convertibility from U.S. dollars into gold, thereby bringing an official end to the Bretton Woods arrangement.

Two years later, in an effort to maintain global demand for U.S. dollars, another system was created called the petrodollar system. In 1973, a deal was struck between Saudi Arabia and the United States in which every barrel of oil purchased from the Saudis would be denominated in U.S. dollars. Under this new arrangement, any country that sought to purchase oil from Saudi Arabia would be required to first exchange their own national currency for U.S. dollars. In exchange for Saudi Arabia's willingness to denominate their oil sales exclusively in U.S. dollars, the United States offered weapons and protection of their oil fields from neighboring nations, including Israel.

By 1975, all of the OPEC nations had agreed to price their own oil supplies exclusively in U.S. dollars in exchange for weapons and military protection.

Before the 2003 invasion, Iraq's domestic oil industry was fully nationalized and closed to Western oil companies. A decade of war later, it is largely privatized and utterly dominated by foreign firms.

As the U.S. dollar continued to lose purchasing power, several oil-producing countries began to question the wisdom of accepting increasingly worthless paper currency for their oil supplies. Today, several countries have attempted to move away, or already have moved away, from the petrodollar system. Examples include Iran, Syria, Venezuela, and North Korea...additionally, other nations are choosing to use their own currencies for oil like China, Russia, India, among others.

What is going on in the Middle East? Research the Petrodollar System. Any country that doesn't play ball with the US is either invaded, demonized, bullied or beaten into submission.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.