bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The gospel of Christ.  (Read 4448 times)

rick

The gospel of Christ.
« on: September 14, 2014, 02:23:56 PM »

The gospel of Christ as I understand it today as apposed to what my understanding use to be.

The human race was created spiritually weak by reason of our creator, we were created without free will, meaning our will is subjected to God’s will at all times, every choice we make is a caused choice.

The sin issue was completely dealt with at the cross by our Lord and savior, Jesus is savior of the whole world, that means everyone that was, is and will be. None will be lost.

We are going through this age for an experience of good and evil to be humbled by it, God is making sons and daughters in His image, some now all others later.

Above are only a few paragraphs that speaks volumes of good news to me considering what I have been taught by Christendom.

Can anyone add to the gospel of Christ as I understand it?    8)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The gospel of Christ.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »

Ray can.   :)  Read (again?) the four-part series on Free-will in the LOF series and see what can be 'added'.  Report back, if you like.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:28:16 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 04:56:49 PM »

Hello Dave,

I have read the four part series of free will, unfortunately it takes time to digest all of it, maybe years or even a life time or perhaps the next age for complete understanding,

I believe I understand enough now to know God directs our footsteps in every way. My statement was concerning the gospel of Christ accordingly to the writings of Ray.

If I should discover more of the gospel of Christ along the way I would be more than happy to share my findings by reporting back here as you say.

If there is something you could add to further my understanding of the gospel of Christ please feel free to share your knowledge as it would be beneficial to everyone who reads this thread.  :)

John from Kentucky

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »

Here is where Ray discusses the Gospel of the Kingdom.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.0.html

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »

I've heard a lot of people say that on a second (or third or fourth) reading new and deeper understanding was the result.  There's no hurry.  You don't have a deadline to 'report back', nor is it required if you don't want to.

I know they are long, but consider this:  Ray wrote after much study, anticipating questions, problems, and objections that thousands of readers from many different backgrounds would have.  And he had help with general proof-reading for typos, etc.

Do you realize what it is that you're inviting?  Your inviting more-or-less strangers to fill in the blanks.  People who themselves have various levels of understanding (including me).  People who may not even agree with Ray on every point.  And TYPOS, man...TYPOS!!!   :D

The forum isn't the place to develop your understanding.  I'm sorry...it just isn't.  The MATERIALS are, with an open bible and mind.  The articles, the audio/video, the transcripts, the emails.  That's where it is at.

You are correct when you say that it takes a long time--even a lifetime--to fully absorb the great depth that is in Scripture.  Let it be YOUR lifetime and your life.  Live, think, grow, reconsider, be tested, pray for wisdom, live, think, grow, be tested.  Nothing I can write in a forum post is likely to really help.  There is zero evidence it ever has.  But maybe this will encourage you...after 6 and 1/2 years, I can no longer FIT everything in a forum post.   :D

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rick

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »

Hello Dave,

I will testify to the fact that after reading the lake of fire series the second or third time around my understanding became deeper.

I understand what your saying, I’ve heard things on a religious program I was listening to which was a while ago, what I notice in that sermon was the lack of truth spoken.

I do realize what I’m inviting with what I’m asking and any and all replies would not be excepted as gospel truth until I personally research any thing said.

You said the forum isn’t the place to develop my understanding, I agree with that statement and don’t be sorry for saying so, its good advice. But I have found if you will nuggets of truths on some threads.

You said some awesome things within your fifed paragraphed which I will take to heart and do those things you mentioned.

This forum serves its purpose no doubt but certainly is not where its at when compared to the writings of Ray Smith.   

Thank you for your advice Dave, I can, with what you said, walk away knowing the more time I spend on this forum is the less time I can spend studying Ray Smiths writings.

God bless.   :)

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »

You get stuck, you have a question, you learn something by experience and want to make a comment, we're here.  You want to hang out with and/or have serious fellowship with like-minded folks, we're here.  We just can't 'grow' you.

Let me know what you plan to read/reread or listen to/watch next and I'll try to join you.  Maybe we can talk about it openly here with others who have.  Sound like a plan?   

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 01:01:06 PM »

I've heard a lot of people say that on a second (or third or fourth) reading new and deeper understanding was the result.  There's no hurry.  You don't have a deadline to 'report back', nor is it required if you don't want to.

Bingo!!  That has certainly been my experience.  The first time I 'stumbled' across the website I thought Ray was a heretic.  The second time was the tithing paper and I simply couldn't argue with both the logic and the scriptures Ray used and realized I had been taught wrongly all my life.  It was that example that caused me to go through the LOF with more of an open mind since I discovered that I had bad teaching on tithing.  Line upon line, precept upon precept a real house of spiritual understanding was slowly being built.  I go through the LOF again from the start either once or twice a year and each time there is more understanding than before.  There are no special tricks, bible study methods, bible versions, ect to use to come to an understanding of these things.  When it's God's time for us to learn these things then we'll learn them.  If it's not his time or never his time for us to learn in this life then we'll never come to understand any of this any more than the theologians of Babylon who have studied these things for 40 years and still don't understand the rudiments of the gospel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.