bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meaning of EVIL - spiritually  (Read 4217 times)

Ian 155

Meaning of EVIL - spiritually
« on: September 17, 2014, 03:19:50 AM »

I as a kid was told it was AC/DC or Black Sabbath ?? I'm now of a thinking its just a "bad report" perhaps because i enjoy some of their music ...

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Meaning of EVIL - spiritually
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:40:30 AM »

I grew up in the 1990s, and it was pretty common in charismatic circles to view rock and roll/heavy metal as demons from hell. One time we moved to a new place, and my parents were disturbed that one of the neighborhood kids came to say Hello wearing a Van Halen t-shirt. Not that I think such bands are paragons of virtue, but I think it's a stretch to call them the very meaning of evil....

"Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame AC/DC against you..." Jeremiah 18:11  :o

"Shall there be Black Sabbath in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" Amos 3:6  :-[ :-[

"An experience of Van Halen Elohim hath given to the sons of humanity, to humble them thereby...." Ecc. 1:13  :-\

lareli

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 12:33:35 PM »

You were told as a kid that the meaning of evil was ac/dc and black sabbath?  I suppose many on here would say Hillsong United and all other Christian music is evil since it's produced by and for the 'synagogue of satan'.. Geez, with this mind set is there any music that isn't evil?
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 08:22:10 PM »

Heb 5:13  for everyone partaking of milk is without experience in the Word of Righteousness, for he is an infant.
Heb 5:14  But solid food is for those full grown, having exercised the faculties through habit, for distinction of both good and bad.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 12:16:04 AM »

You were told as a kid that the meaning of evil was ac/dc and black sabbath?  I suppose many on here would say Hillsong United and all other Christian music is evil since it's produced by and for the 'synagogue of satan'.. Geez, with this mind set is there any music that isn't evil?

Try Mozart and Bach.  I find that music soothing and challenging.

The modern christian music is not evil.  I just find it insipid and moronic like all modern music.  To listen to such noise, I would need a quadruple lobotomy and 3/4's of my brain sucked out.

Ian 155

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 03:24:28 AM »

Lol , Mozart in my upbringing was considered "clean" in comparison to how we have been raised as Extol eluded to.
I suppose ABBA type music was OK, we used to define evil by appearance,NOW ITS the Cheshire cat grin and the huggies an kissies that one needs to careful of.

An experience is not necessarily a partaking of , although I partook in whatever "evil" was available ,now as one grows, Evil gets more "intricate".As I think Dave is saying.  This is what id like to discuss

Can we say evil is tongue rings,tattoos,and metal spikes with dark makeup dont forget Jack boots or is it a perversion in our minds regarding Gods word ...

The 12 spies who were sent into Canaan to check it out and report back - 10 bought an Evil "contrary"  report to the people,even though it was told them beforehand the land flows with milk and honey... Evil in this context is not really Evil by (2014 definition in kids minds that is)

My teenage daughter often refers to things or people as Evil including me sometimes

"An experience of Van Halen, Elohim hath given to the sons of humanity, to humble them thereby... ;D (those were the days my friend...)  every now and again I see clips of some of the greats and I see talent I mean how often do you hear a voice like meatloaf's

The things one used to get up to, while listening ,was the problem,or perhaps it was the musics fault ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.