bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Righteous  (Read 3263 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Righteous
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:08:53 PM »

Matthew 9:13 "...For I did not come to call the righteous , but sinners"

Going back to verse 12; "those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 

We are all sinners and we all have need of healing in some respect.  But by righteous, could this mean believers but yet sinners who are trying to overcome sin?  Who are the righteous?

If many are called (the sinners?) and few are chosen; I still don't get who the righteous are.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The Righteous
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »

Php 3:4  ...though I also have cause of trust in flesh. If any other one doth think to have trust in flesh, I more;
Php 3:5  circumcision on the eighth day! of the race of Israel! of the tribe of Benjamin! a Hebrew of Hebrews! according to law a Pharisee!
Php 3:6  according to zeal persecuting the assembly! according to righteousness that is in law becoming blameless!
Php 3:7  But what things were to me gains, these I have counted, because of the Christ, loss;
Php 3:8  yes, indeed, and I count all things to be loss, because of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, because of whom of the all things I suffered loss, and do count them to be refuse, that Christ I may gain, and be found in him,
Php 3:9  not having my righteousness, which is of law, but that which is through faith of Christ--the righteousness that is of God by the faith,
Php 3:10  to know him, and the power of his rising again, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death...

Also, the first several chapters of Romans will explain who the 'righteous' are in that verse.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:28:38 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

indianabob

Re: The Righteous
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:29:35 AM »

great reference, thanks Dave.
Again we need to read and absorb every word!

AND let the spirit of God work in our minds for a few weeks to fill in any gaps in our understanding.

God doesn't save us because of our works, BUT God does want us to struggle and work and sweat for a while to recognize or add value to the gifts HE is providing in our study of HIS word. We are God's workmanship and every good work gains value within our hearts by the effort put forth. Especially our own effort and our patience in overcoming.
Waiting patiently for the answer makes the discovery of that answer even more thrilling.

Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.