bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: whose follows soccer(EPL)?  (Read 5687 times)

Rinus

whose follows soccer(EPL)?
« on: September 22, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »

What defines a FAIR match?Was the Man utd VS Leiscter result fair?That vardy guy cheated and I hear some analysts say he was being "clever".I have to say ever since I found this site I look at soccer differently nowadays.Its almost impossible to even support my team(Man Utd) because of the cheating(ashley young diving) that happens.

What's ur take on diving?Referees getting decisions "wrong",or maybe being bribed behind the scenes?Age cheating?Money being spent on players?The amount of money players get paid?

Di maria moved to man utd coz he wasn't being paid what he though was "Fair".Well he(di maria) calls it Fair, I call it Greed.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: whose follows soccer(EPL)?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:30:42 AM »

It's hard to get excited about anything in this world. I find the truth makes you see what all these things really are.

I don't watch much soccer but watch other sport but more in the background while working. It seems crazy to me how people get so excited over games to the point of tears. So much life and hope put into things that don't offer life or hope. These days I find it all a bit sad when so much focus is on just a game.

I find myself getting more distance from this world as God shows me His truth so focus on that more as all the other stuff will drive you crazy if you let it. I still enjoy it to a point for what it is.

Rhys
🤫

John9362

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:37:29 AM »

God bless you Rhys !! I agree so much with you mate   :)
.............I hope you keep enjoying my jokes  ;) ;D

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:20:20 AM »

Great philosophy Rhys,
Sounds reasonable and balanced to me.
& John agrees... ;D

ole indiana bob

Extol

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 11:07:49 AM »

Well said, Kiwi brother. I've always been a big sports fan, but as I get older I care a little less each year. I still enjoy watching sports, reading articles, and following my teams, but I realize there are much more important things in life. I think this is the best way to be a sports fan--because it's a lot of fun when your team wins, but when they lose, it's not the end of the world. For many of the die-hard fans, the pain of losing is worse than the joy of winning. But if one of my teams lose, I think "Oh well, too bad" and that's it.

Rinus....I don't follow EPL (or any soccer), but here's my opinion on players being paid....Though it is indeed excessive, I don't have too much of a problem with athlete salaries. Why? Because they are entertainers, and people are willing to pay to be entertained by them. Who wants to pay $75 to watch someone paint a house? Who will pay $150 to wear a jersey of his favorite cashier? Who will pay $50/month for cable so he can tune in and watch accountants crunch numbers for three hours a night? Same thing with movie stars....if every theater ticket was $1, then movie stars shouldn't get paid $15 million for one film. But if millions of people are willing to pay $10 or $13 to watch one movie, well...

Also, the top athletes have had to work hard to get where they are, and the percentage of athletes making obscene salaries is actually quite small. After you get past the few making millions, the drop-off is steep. For every Major League Baseball player making big money, there are 20 or 30 minor league and independent league players making $1500 a month; and most of them will never make it to the big time. The No. 1 tennis player in the world is set for life, but the No. 100 player---or even the No. 50 player--very well might have to "work" after he retires from tennis.

Finally, excessive amounts of wealth can be used for good. Obviously there are a lot of greedy athletes, but a great many rich athletes have given millions of dollars to charities, started their own foundations, etc. Ray said in one of his audios that he didn't begrudge Bill Gates at all his vast wealth, because he's given billions(!) of dollars away, and done a lot to improve world conditions. This is quite different than the prosperity preachers who swindle people so they can buy private jets and stay in 5-star hotels.

Rinus

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 06:45:55 PM »

Well said extol!

U know when u see top athletes getting paid that amount of money it shows that there's actually enough money in the world for all to share according to me.I mean Wayne Rooney/Serena williams get paid so much money its almost ridiculous,though the problem is not them(top athletes) but I'm just emphasizing on the fact that the elite or powers that run the worlds affairs are clearly greedy.How is it even possible to have what they call a recession?Those bohemian grove guys are really something...I mean even after South Africa hosted the world cup in 2010 FIFA gave us money to re invest in our country,but guess what?The executives gave themselves bonuses and the country hardly saw a cent.

I mean if a person like Lebron James gets paid so much money imagine the guy who owns the team he plays for.Lebron James cud probably buy the whole of australia ;D-sori rhys,had to sneak that in!

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 02:04:13 AM »

Lebron James cud probably buy the whole of australia ;D-

He would have to get in line, aus is already being bought out by global mega company's.
I got into trouble once for calling soccer - soccer ;D
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 03:25:24 AM »

hey rinus.  man united stinks.  come on you arsenal.  arsenal, arsenal, arsenal.  yes, i follow the epl and the champions league and the fa cup.  i. like. soccer. 

claudia

Ian 155

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 05:12:58 AM »

Did I see KIWI somewhere ?

no expensive players in these two squads just talent, enjoy the game on Saturday Rhys...

BOKKE

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 05:28:04 AM »

Yes you did see kiwi  ;)

It should be another good win for us  ;D

Go the mighty All Blacks

And just for Claudia..........Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal  :D

Rhys
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:48:26 PM by Rhys »
🤫

Ian 155

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 04:13:42 AM »

i heard there was a funeral in kiwi land today? :(

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 04:18:27 AM »

Now and then we let you win  ;)
🤫

Ian 155

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 12:36:35 AM »

Now and then we let you win  ;)

;D

Was a great game that could have gone either way, to be more precise, I thought we had lost it

Rinus

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 07:05:05 PM »

u support who?arsenal?Sori but i've neva even heard of them.:-P

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 10:23:31 PM »

you be funny rinus.   ;D

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.