bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A damper on my good times.  (Read 5306 times)

rick

A damper on my good times.
« on: September 24, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »

I can’t help to think, God is putting a damper on my good time, I notice certain likings are becoming inconvenient through circumstances that appears to come out of nowhere that change my plans more often than not.

I enjoy true accurate knowledge of the Lord, but experientially, totally frustrating, change has to come, I understand.

Change does not come externally although it gives one cause to think, however, change comes inwardly but not by might but by the grace of God, so I’m content in that its God who brings about or makes changes in all his creation at His will.

Do I have to be a rocket scientist in the holy scriptures to become saved or must I be doing great things or praying all the time to become saved ? No, I just need to let go and let God, but seriously, do I really have the ability to interfere with the will of God or His intentions ?

It would be silly to think so as well as unscriptural. I guess God loves us all to much to leave us the way we are. 

Its not often easy when you discover your just a lump of clay in the potters hands.   ::)

Doug

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: A damper on my good times.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:56:33 PM »

Rick, I am not good at writing, verbal is better for me so rarely do I comment. However, your post are very inspiring and really a big help to me. Just wanted to thank you. You have a way that reminds us God is in total control and no matter what His will be done.

Doug

lareli

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 12:24:10 PM »

Let go and let God... That's how we're saved huh? Sounds like one of those catchy church sayings that had no basis in scripture.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

rick

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 09:03:12 PM »

Hello largeli,

I’m not sure how you come to interpreted from my post that ( letting go and letting god ) is how one becomes saved, you should of directed your attention to the lump of clay analogize.  :)

My point to you Largeli,  don’t be deceived thinking any catchy Church Saying will save you or anyone else.  ;)

IT IS GOD WHO SAVES US AND GOD ONLY.  :)

lareli

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 05:14:10 PM »

I must have misinterpreted what you were saying Rick. Sorry man.
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 11:05:20 PM »

Doug,
I think that you underestimate your value as a writer of helpful thoughts.
Please, let us hear from you more often.
Thanks, Indiana Bob

Rick, I am not good at writing, verbal is better for me so rarely do I comment. However, your post are very inspiring and really a big help to me. Just wanted to thank you. You have a way that reminds us God is in total control and no matter what His will be done.

Doug

Kat

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 11:21:07 PM »

Do I have to be a rocket scientist in the holy scriptures to become saved or must I be doing great things or praying all the time to become saved ? No, I just need to let go and let God, but seriously, do I really have the ability to interfere with the will of God or His intentions ?

If you mean by "rocket scientist in the holy scriptures" is being able to quote chapter and verse on any issue, I don't think so. But I think the elect will have a good understanding of the spiritual meaning that is behind what all Scripture teaches. When you know the basic principles of the truth, then the Scripture are a means by which to express that with their authority.

2Tim 3:16  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
v. 17  that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

"Doing Great things"? No, but the elect should bare much fruit by doing good things.

2Th 3:13  But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good.

Nobody has "the ability to interfere with the will of God or His intentions," but He will certainly bring a few to be in unity/one with His will and purpose.

Eph 4:1  I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
v. 2  with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
v. 3  endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
v. 4  There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
v. 5  one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
v. 6  one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 01:30:12 AM »

If you mean by "rocket scientist in the holy scriptures" is being able to quote chapter and verse on any issue, I don't think so. But I think the elect will have a good understanding of the spiritual meaning that is behind what all Scripture teaches. When you know the basic principles of the truth, then the Scripture are a means by which to express that with their authority.

2Tim 3:16  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
v. 17  that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

"Doing Great things"? No, but the elect should bare much fruit by doing good things.

2Th 3:13  But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good.

Nobody has "the ability to interfere with the will of God or His intentions," but He will certainly bring a few to be in unity/one with His will and purpose.

Eph 4:1  I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
v. 2  with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
v. 3  endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
v. 4  There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
v. 5  one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
v. 6  one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

I just love that... "and in you all." Amen!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

rick

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 09:06:36 AM »

Hello Kat,

what my meaning was in the statement ( do I have to be a rocket scientist in the scriptures ) is simply my way of saying, I am right where God wants me to be, whether I’m saved or not.

When I think in terms of the first resurrection I always remember it is God who plants the seed and it is God who does the watering and it is God who causes us to grow in spirit and in knowledge and it is God who saves.

Our creator had decided everything before the foundation of the earth was ever laid, Jesus knew He would pay for the sins of the world before the world or people came into existence.

I don’t have to do anything, I don’t have to know anything, I don’t have to be anything on my own because there is no such thing as anyone being on there own.

Ultimately I’m going to do everything that God intends for me to do whether I do it with great understanding or I do it blindly the fact remains Gods purpose is done in everyone.

God causes it to rain on the good and bad alike, although judgement begins at the house of God all unsaved people are not doing anything outside of the purpose of the creator, the only difference between those who are on their way to destruction and us is that we are being destroyed now and they are not.

And what is God destroying ? Our carnality.  We now, them later. There is absolutely nothing any human being can think ,do or say that could ever take God by surprise, the One who knows the ends from the beginning.

No wonder we are told not to worry and to be of good cheer but even so, who is it that causes us not to worry and to be of good cheer? Only God.

Doing great things ? Only God does great things, only God is Good, me, I’m nothing but what God intended for me to be, hard to believe but its true of us all.

And to think I use to believe in hell but hell is a far cry from ( in your seed I shall bless all nations ) .................The lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world...........  :)  :)  :)

rick

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 10:16:10 AM »

Hello Doug,

I believe its God who inspires us through each other, sometimes I read a post and as it progressives I think to myself , wow, what understanding some of these folks have here.

God, through each of us, inspires in us, hope along with understanding in the things of the spirit.
One cannot believe any of the truths God given to Ray unless God allows the reader of those truths to believe in them.

My mind becomes boggled when I read some of the E-mails that were sent to Ray, how in some of them people cursed him for the truth he had because they are blind and cannot believe them even though the proof is right there in front of them.

I’m no better or smarter in any way when compared to Rays detractors except that God lets me believe the truth over the lies that are throughout all Christendom, for this I’m thankful to God.

When you start a post or reply to a post, God through you can inspire someone in need of inspiration causing hope in that one who is being made in the image of God.

Thank you Doug for replying to this post as you have also inspired me knowing through God  I inspired you too and God keeps building in us the faith that will see us through our trials and tribulation until the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God.  :)

rick

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »

Hello Largeli,

No problem my brother, my only concern was someone saying Rick is teaching salvation through a church saying ( let go and let God )

But I have thought about that saying after reading your reply and I realize I might just be on to something here, maybe it’s the only way to receive salvation in fact no one can be saved unless they let go and let God.

Its God who causes us to let go of ourselves and its God who causes us to let Him, you see as God conquers our carnality we start to let go of ourselves and trust in Him and as we trust in God we start to let God but its all God inspired you know.  ;)

Peace to you my brother.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.