bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need alittle help here.. its about SATAN  (Read 6181 times)

lilitalienboi16

Need alittle help here.. its about SATAN
« on: August 09, 2006, 01:19:45 AM »

I have a question for you all..

What does Jesus mean when he says this.

He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

17And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

18And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

I don't understand this, and someone is using it to support that Satan fell from Heaven long ago. I know He did not but im not sure exactly what it means, if someone could help me understand and refute such a claim it would help me atleast in my confusion alot.

God bless, and thanks in advance

Alex

Joey Porter

Re: Need alittle help here.. its about SATAN
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 02:13:21 AM »

Ray Smith writes about that issue in this installment of the LOF series:

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

sretsam

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 04:40:09 PM »

it does state that satan was cast out but does this mean for ever. he was aloud to come before
God all the time. he is our accuser. don't you think he still has access to God. Jesus tells him to get behind him. the scriptures also tell us that he will be cast out of heaven in revelation

MG

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 04:48:22 PM »

Ray wrote:

I BEHELD SATAN AS LIGHTNING FALL FROM HEAVEN

Now for one of the most amazing symbol identifications found anywhere in the Scriptures. What did Jesus mean when He said: "I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven" (Luke 10:18)? Did Jesus see Satan fall from the sky? Did Satan fall from outer space? Did Satan fall from the throne of God’s heaven? From what "heaven" did Jesus see Satan as lightning FALL FROM? If only we can believe the Scriptures.

"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the DEVILS are subject unto us through your name. And he said unto them, [I know] I BEHELD Satan as lightning fall from heaven [when and as it was happening through the commands of His disciples]."

Christ’s disciples were filled with JOY over the power that Jesus had given them so that even spirits were subject to them. Jesus had just said that He would thrust Capernaum down from THEIR HEAVEN, their high place in their own mind. Next the disciples report back that they were able to cast down spirits (demons) from men’s minds, from their own heavens. They were excited to tell Jesus what they had done. They had the power to cast down DEMONS from men’s heavens, from out of their MINDS. And Jesus answered them back by saying, YES, I KNOW, I BEHELD Satan (prince of the devils and demons), fall from the heaven of men’s minds while you were doing it! And then even Jesus "rejoiced" (Verse 21).

God has a heaven. It is a SPIRIT REALM. It is where God lives and has His Being. Men too have a heaven. It is likewise, the REALM where they live and have their being—they spiritually live in their own minds, their own heavens.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:50:05 PM by MG »

M_Oliver

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 05:44:34 PM »

Darren,

WHERE does Joey say that?  All I see is a link that he provided, which when you read it, totally refutes what you are telling the original poster...MG posted the nuts and bolts of it.

Mark

Mark, yes you are right and I humbly apologize for not reading all of the words. I deleted my post and would be grateful if you would delete your reference to it so as not to confuse or hinder the truth. :(

Joey, I also apologize for mis-quoting you. :(

May Gid forgive my ignorance.

Darren

Done.

Joey Porter

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 10:58:10 PM »

Well, looks like I missed something but I'm not sure what happened or who I'm supposed to forgive, but either way, no one needs to apologize for anything.  I have no ill will.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.