bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How God Broke my Cloudy Glass Bottle  (Read 4498 times)

Vheissu

How God Broke my Cloudy Glass Bottle
« on: August 09, 2006, 02:07:58 AM »

Hello all,
My name is Daniel, and within the past month I've been discovering and learning more truths about the bible than I ever knew in my 21 years of exsistance. I know that's not a really long time, but fortunately I was rescued quickly, cause I feel end times are near. Anyways, this could get legnthy but I'd like to share with you all how I discovered Ray's site, and how it opened up my eyes. I've been brought up Catholic since I was born, and my family, especially my aunt, are strong in their faith. Through my teen years, I started questioning things like; What if the bible was just made up by two random guys trying to explain why we're here? Or What if Aliens came to earth when we were primative, mated with us, and created a hybrid that became the human we know today? (Really out there right? lol) So it was apparent that while I believed in God and Jesus, that the Catholic religion just left me going "but what if?"
 Well several months ago my aunt brought over these video tapes of a young man who recieved miracles from Mary and Jesus. I watched all of them, and I truly thought it was real. I watched miracles of eucharist turning into flesh, stigmata, pictures of Mary on walls, and messages from Jesus and Mary through the young man, all happening before my eyes on a home video. I was amazed, and felt that this was truly a message telling us to prepare for the end. A couple months later my Grandmother was admitted into the hospital for Congestive Heart Failure. One night while I was visiting at the hospital my sister and my aunt had came back from a prayer gathering at the house of the young man. My sister was spilling with talks of the end of the world, and that another man there was given the sight of the future, and he saw micro-chips implanted in non-believers, the poles of the earth switching, and the anti-christ. It freaked me out to say the least, and when I went home that night, I searched the web for anything about those three things. As I read more information I became more frightened of whats to come. However, at the same time I was listening to a favorite band of mine, Thrice. They have a lot of biblical meanings in their lyrics, but don't consider themselves a Christian band. Anyways, I was reading one of their lyrics on a website, and there was a link underneath the song that said "Learn how Tithing is proved wrong in the bible!" This is what lead me to Bible-Truths.
 The moment I clicked, a whole new world was open up to me. I read as much as I could for the night, staying up well past 6 am. And I read more when I woke up, and the next day and the next. Day by day truths were being revealed to me, and I was becoming so excited my fear of the end passed. This didn't come without it's doubts though, as I talked to my family, some questions arose, so I prayed one night to God. And I prayed like never before, I felt like I was actually praying for real this time. And I asked God to let me know if what I read was true or not, if it was True, open up my eyes, and if not then show me. The next day i woke up feeling like new, I felt confident, I felt happy, I felt like nothing could ruin my day, and this feeling went on for the rest of the week. I truly felt God was telling me this was the truth, and that night after work when I went back to Ray's to read more, I felt I understood it better than I did the last time! I was talking to everyone about it (not the best decision sometimes), and it gave me greater stregnth while my Grandmother was in the hospital. She passed away after three weeks in the Hospital, and it's been very hard trying to not believe in things like she's in heaven right now, or that she's watching our family. I do feel extreme comfort in knowing she's resting right now, no longer suffering, and in the end She'll be in heaven with me and everyone else. I believe God has chosen me to know these truths, however I also feel there is a lot more to learned and be answered. I plan on reading the entire bible (a task never before accomplished by myself) along with it a greek/hebrew bible, and dictionary. I hope to befriend you all, and seek guidance from those who know more. I have a lot of questions, but I do feel I am on the right path, and any question will be answered by God's truth.

God Bless You All,

Daniel

MG

Re: How God Broke my Cloudy Glass Bottle
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 03:02:16 AM »

Welcome Daniel

I'm so glad God brought you here.

chuckusa

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 03:21:15 AM »

Hi Daniel,

Great testimony. I think you will find that many people here have somehow or another stumbled upon Ray, seeking the truth. I'm so happy your bottle has been broken Daniel!!

I've always wondered about that alien thing myself...See you around I hope!

Thanks and God bless,
Chuck

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 08:38:41 AM »

Daniel,

Thank you for your testimony and welcome to the Forum, my backround also includes a grandmother who was VERY strong in the Catholic Chruch (I left there many years before you were born ;) ).

You will find many people here who will be very happy to fellowship with you,

Joe

orion77

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 10:20:08 AM »

Welcome to the forum, Daniel.

God is a rewarder to those who diligently seek Him, and your searching is bringing the Light to shine. 

It is hard to share these truths with others, no doubt.   ;)

God bless,

Gary

jenny06

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 12:01:57 PM »

Thank you, Daniel, for sharing your testimony.  It is always a blessing to hear someone becoming sighted.   ;) 

I identify with your Catholic back ground.  Although my family quit going to Catholic masses before I was born, being Catholic was a family heritage, so to speak.  My father read his Bible (according to my mother, he knew it quite well) and it was his decision to leave the church.  I was told that he disagreed with doctrine, namely confession to a priest (man), among other key issues.  I married a man steeped in Catholicism.  That is his main stumbling block.  I was not indoctrinated into believing man's every word.  In fact, I have always been very suspicious of man's interpretations, especially when they bounce back and forth from one book to another to prove their point, putting their screw on what it means.  It is one of the issues that always make me steam.  And I am ranter, so you can imagine what my husband had to listen to.  LOL       

Jenny

SandyFla

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 01:42:51 PM »

Welcome, Daniel!  :)

I, too, came from a Catholic background--at least partly. My father was Catholic and my mother was Protestant. I went to Catholic school in grades 1-4, but my mother taught me her Protestant beliefs, so I was one messed-up kid!

It's beyond AWESOME when God opens our eyes to His truth. :)

Sandy

ned

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 01:57:46 PM »

Hi Daniel!
Welcome to our family.
2000 years ago Jesus came to help the blind see, and it's marvelous how He is still doing that today.
BLESS HIS NAME!

I'm sure you will love the fellowship here.
Love,
Marie

Vheissu

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 12:43:36 AM »

Wow thank you all for your welcoming messages. I've never felt more accepted in a group before...awesome...well I will see you guys around the board! Take care!

Daniel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.