bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Islam  (Read 12723 times)

Kat

Re: Islam
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 06:28:58 PM »

Hi Alex,

Php 3:1  Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.
v. 2  Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!
v. 3  For we ARE the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Php 1:6  being confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ:
v. 7  even as it is right for me to be thus minded on behalf of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as, both in my bonds and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all ARE partakers with me of grace.

Paul sounds very confident here to me... he knew the Spirit was working in him and I'm sure he knew how to discern the fruit of the Spirit in others as well. Do you really think those at Pentecost questioned if they had the Spirit indwelling?

Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Gal 3:26  For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 4:6  And because ye are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
v. 7  So that thou art no longer a bondservant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.

The thing is the Apostles seem so much higher spiritually than anybody else could be... but I believe all elect will also reach a equal 'spiritual' level as even the Apostles and that can only come from the Spirit working within. That Spirit is a gift of course, we cannot earn it and we certainly do not deserve it, but if it is given to us, then by it there will be fruit of the Spirit. The Spirit in the elect is not idle, it works in and through them to prepare them and do good works.

2Co 9:8  And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
v. 9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.
v. 10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

So a person that is chosen is going to do good works and through these things they are prepared. And they will grow in knowledge, by much study, meditation and pray... but it's by the Spirit working/growing in them that inspires them. I believe that is the way with all elect, from the Apostles to now, no short cuts. That's why Paul scolded the brethren for not making progress.

Heb 5:12  For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
v. 13  For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
v. 14  But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

But not all who start and embrace this truth are chosen elect, remember the parable of the sower and the seed. But I believe it can be a valid hope in us.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:03:55 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 12:18:32 AM »

Read the parables of Jesus concerning the Kingdom.  ALL of them are about the "called and the chosen" in some measure or way.  Judge yourself where you are in them, and you can have confidence that you are 'chosen', if you are.  It's that simple, but not really 'simple' at all--because first you have to understand them, then you have to 'obey' them (and you can do this, even if you don't know that you are).  Do that all the days of your life. 

OBEY the Gospel, and you can have confidence.  DO the will of God.

http://bible-truths.com/audio/M05%20GospelOfTheKingdom_p1.mp3     

http://bible-truths.com/audio/M05%20GospelOfTheKingdom_p2.mp3

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lareli

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2014, 01:46:35 PM »

I think we all realize that there have been called out and chosen believers in every generation for at least the past 2000 years since Jesus' ascension. Although as you say we don't have a full definition of who they are.

MLK Jr, Ghandi, John Lenin, George Harrison, Leo Tolstoy, Bob Marley, Malcolm X... Perhaps. 
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2014, 01:58:51 PM »

Hi Alex,

Php 3:1  Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.
v. 2  Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!
v. 3  For we ARE the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Php 1:6  being confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ:
v. 7  even as it is right for me to be thus minded on behalf of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as, both in my bonds and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all ARE partakers with me of grace.

Paul sounds very confident here to me... he knew the Spirit was working in him and I'm sure he knew how to discern the fruit of the Spirit in others as well. Do you really think those at Pentecost questioned if they had the Spirit indwelling?

Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Gal 3:26  For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 4:6  And because ye are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
v. 7  So that thou art no longer a bondservant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.

The thing is the Apostles seem so much higher spiritually than anybody else could be... but I believe all elect will also reach a equal 'spiritual' level as even the Apostles and that can only come from the Spirit working within. That Spirit is a gift of course, we cannot earn it and we certainly do not deserve it, but if it is given to us, then by it there will be fruit of the Spirit. The Spirit in the elect is not idle, it works in and through them to prepare them and do good works.

2Co 9:8  And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
v. 9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.
v. 10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

So a person that is chosen is going to do good works and through these things they are prepared. And they will grow in knowledge, by much study, meditation and pray... but it's by the Spirit working/growing in them that inspires them. I believe that is the way with all elect, from the Apostles to now, no short cuts. That's why Paul scolded the brethren for not making progress.

Heb 5:12  For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
v. 13  For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
v. 14  But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

But not all who start and embrace this truth are chosen elect, remember the parable of the sower and the seed. But I believe it can be a valid hope in us.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Hello Kat,

Thank you for the thorough response. I do believe, and have believed, that we are chosen of God. What I am hesitant to say is that I am the elect or that anyone here is the elect. That over there they are. Go see them there! I feel that if we go that far then we fool ourselves into thinking that we have won the race and then we stand to lose our place in it due to complacency or pride. I know God has called me out and chosen me but I won't go so far as to say I am an elect. There is still a great deal of work to be done in this temple of God and still an old man that must die daily. Work in progress... I am confident though that Christ will finish this work that He has began. :)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Ricky

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »

Is God choosing His elect now, as we go along day by day in life. Or did He chose His elect before He created life for humans.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2014, 02:36:08 PM »

Is God choosing His elect now, as we go along day by day in life. Or did He chose His elect before He created life for humans.

Hi Ricky,

John 15:16 "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

John 13:18, "I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen..."

Romans 8:29 "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren."
              30 "Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

Eph 1:4-6 "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
               Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
               To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."

Eph 1: 11 " In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:"

Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

God has chosen from before the foundatino of the world. He declared the end from the beginning. He has already planned it out who should partake of the election. This is one of those reasons that we are saved by grace through faith and that it is not of our work, it is why none of us may boast, for what have we that we did not receive?

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:39:23 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2014, 05:53:45 PM »

I do believe, and have believed, that we are chosen of God. What I am hesitant to say is that I am the elect or that anyone here is the elect. That over there they are. Go see them there! I feel that if we go that far then we fool ourselves into thinking that we have won the race and then we stand to lose our place in it due to complacency or pride.

I say again if somebody is chosen, the Spirit indwelling would not let them be prideful, arrogance or complacent at all, but quite the opposite. It really is a very humbling thing to come to grips with who and what God is. Nor is there glory in this life at all, but a dying to self and the prideful, vain, egotistical person in us... something the carnality of the flesh will always struggle with. Yes there is certainly a peace of mind in realizing the truth that God is everything, but His Spirit in us will keep us striving until we are prepared and ready to serve under Christ in the next age.

Luke 13:23  Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them,
v. 24  "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

I really think knowing and serving God is a very different thing than what the world/church think it is. Learning that God deserves all the glory, and we are really nothing of ourselves is totally against the nature of a carnal minded person and their illusion of free will. We can only hope to serve, but learn it is great joy in doing so for a perfect God. God has predetermined who He will have as His elect and will not start a work in them in vain, those He has chosen will not be lost.

John 10:27  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
v. 28  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
v. 29  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

It's not even a question of saying/boosting you are an elect or you're not, why make that kind of statement anyway? Just do the best you can and have hope.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »

Another thought. 

I am not Paul.  I am a member of his 'audience'--especially as a natural gentile.  I believe VERY STRONGLY that Paul taught--both in word and by example--the Gospel of the Kingdom of the Heavens--the same Gospel that Jesus and the other Apostles preached, taught, and lived.  He KNEW that he was 'teaching' both the called and the chosen.  From where do the chosen come?  From those CALLED or INVITED.  Did Paul know which was which?  He knew they were all called or invited, unless their faith was vanity/by pretense.  He knew only by their fruits, and never to judge anything before its time.

Is my faith fake?  Am I producing fruit?  Of what sort is it?  Is that a 'sign' of what I am?  Is Jesus finished with His work yet?

Things happen in the fullness of time.  Jesus came 'in the fullness of time', and there has never been a more prophesied, foreknown, preordained event in the history of the world than His coming to prepare and gather a Kingdom of the Heavens, a Holy nation, a peculiar people by/through which to judge and bless the whole world--both the living and the dead. 

Though He has already done the 'choosing', just as He didn't come until He came, or die before He died--though He was with us from the beginning--we won't see election until we see it.  Until then, FAITH and HOPE, and judging ourselves, lest we be judged.  Few will. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2014, 09:24:21 PM »

I think we all realize that there have been called out and chosen believers in every generation for at least the past 2000 years since Jesus' ascension. Although as you say we don't have a full definition of who they are.

MLK Jr, Ghandi, John Lenin, George Harrison, Leo Tolstoy, Bob Marley, Malcolm X... Perhaps.

1Co 1:26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29  That no flesh should glory in his presence.

rick

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »

Very interesting as well as informing, I notice when she spoke of the left book and the right book I could not help but to think , its all free will stuff.

I see it as a different various form of Christendom, the do’s and the don’ts but none the less its all up to the believer to get saved.  And jihad is just a quicker way to heaven.

I guess the thing with there belief that differs from Christendom is they live for the here after with intensity.  ???

Mike Gagne

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 03:22:53 PM »

Thanks Kat, Dave, and Dennis. I think the last post from you up till now sums it all up!  Lots of great post here!
😀 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he!! 😀
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:28:04 PM by Mike Gagne »

rick

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:49 PM »

indianabob

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 10:57:24 PM »

Their boss "Allah" seem more like a Mafia Don in the way he relates to his subjects. Obey and I provide gifts. Cross me and you'll be sorry.
The Lord Jesus is not like that, not at all.
The Lord Jesus makes of his faithful servants, friends and comrades.
Much better arrangement and we don't have to kill anybody who doesn't understand or agree...
Love conquers all

david mc fauld

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 03:38:35 AM »

Could it be that this lady Ayann, was promoting her new book? whilst leading her old religion towards atheism. Although she puts a case for both religions of Islam and Christianity,they were surly seen through a carnal mind.
All who are chosen by God are already going through their fiery  trials already, whilst living in the hope of the coming of our saviour Jesus Christ and being in that book of life wether we are dead or still alive, all will have to die of the same carnal mind eventually.

God bless

David.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 12:17:02 PM »

Could it be that this lady Ayann, was promoting her new book? whilst leading her old religion towards atheism. Although she puts a case for both religions of Islam and Christianity,they were surly seen through a carnal mind.
All who are chosen by God are already going through their fiery  trials already, whilst living in the hope of the coming of our saviour Jesus Christ and being in that book of life wether we are dead or still alive, all will have to die of the same carnal mind eventually.

God bless

David.

Maybe she was promoting her new book but that does not mean anything. She has to live like anyone else except she requires 24 security, which is not cheap.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »

Joel

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »

All this reminds me of the many inquisitions, when killing the heretic and the infidel was common place.
She no doubt knows what it feels like to go around with a bulls eye on her back.
I wish her well.

Joel

ez2u

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 11:20:36 AM »

i have been listening to her this last week, interesting that you post one of her video's .I go with the strong intuition that people are the same nature every where. I slam is just more developed in their insanity.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »

i have been listening to her this last week, interesting that you post one of her video's .I go with the strong intuition that people are the same nature every where. I slam is just more developed in their insanity.

I read her book "Nomad" about a year ago and it does show we are all pretty much the same inside. Islam goes against basic instincts and needs.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.