bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: judgment/resurrection?  (Read 5162 times)

ryman

judgment/resurrection?
« on: October 16, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »

Hi. I'll make sure to introduce myself, but I wanted to fire off a question.

I have read a lot but not all of the papers just yet.

Is there a paper or verses on what body are the people from the 2nd resurrection to have?

Im familiar with the verses: perishable to put on imperishable etc.

Is that only for the 1st resurrection of the chosen?

Or is it a mystery in the bible?

When Jesus talks about not entering his kingdom, what exactly is he saying? From some reading I understand this to be a temporary thing of rewards and judgment?

I 100% agree with the major subject, which is what this "hell" is.......but when Jesus says you will have eternal life....what does he mean by age during or lasting life? Seeing as eternal isn't in the hebrew /Greek text as we know it......thanks for any links or verses.

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: judgment/resurrection?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 10:49:12 PM »

Here is something from Ray concerning bodies in a Resurrection.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7474.0.html

It is important that you read and study more.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 12:31:35 AM »

Good to meet you, Ryman.

Here's a passage to ponder in partial answer to your questions.

1Co 15:21  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

An operative word or phrase in that passage is:  every man in his own order.

Remember though that no scripture is its own interpretation.  This passage glances over the 'fall harvest'.

The Lake fo Fire series will probably clarify most of your other questions.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

se7en

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 08:11:09 AM »

ryman,

As Dave and John was saying, when you finish reading and studying more, the Lake of Fire series will clarify this more for you. But to answer this question...

"When Jesus talks about not entering his kingdom, what exactly is he saying? From some reading I understand this to be a temporary thing of rewards and judgment?"

We have to remember the "IS" was and will be part of scripture. God is living and active, His word "IS"... and He lives His word out in us each person at their appointed time.

Luke 17:21 neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Most put "the kingdom" out there somewhere else, but we know that the kingdom of God is within us. The kingdom is not a physical place that we go to, it is a preparing our hearts to take on the mind of Christ within each person at their appointed time. When Christ comes to us He judges us, and as the old man dies the new man "spiritual man" is born within us. This is an AGE LASTING process, this is not instantaneous (no ten second salvation prayer and your done). The process of the kingdom being worked out in us... is a daily process.  I die daily.

The old man, carnal man within us will never inherit the kingdom of God. That old carnal man will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming. This happens to the elect now... and the rest of mankind later at the great White Throne Judgment.

I hope that helped!
~Se7en

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »

I would echo every comment made here by the same thing.

Finish the lake of fire series and then read the aeonion article.

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to stick around, grow, and learn.

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

ryman

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 07:24:04 PM »

Thanks for all replies, will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.