bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And when we were all fallen to the earth  (Read 3691 times)

Ian 155

And when we were all fallen to the earth
« on: October 20, 2014, 04:04:06 AM »

Act 26:14  And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

1st we persecute then comes a knowledge of the word (illumination)- then we repent (fall to the ground),then we get persecuted  ?

But rise,(all of Ye) and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:12:32 AM by Ian 155 »

rick

Re: And when we were all fallen to the earth
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 10:41:18 AM »

Hello Ian,

Rom 9:16  So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

Rom 9:23  in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory—

Rom 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.  :)

rick

Re: And when we were all fallen to the earth
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:36:51 PM »

I thought you were making a statement of order of operation...(.LOl ) however I did see the question mark.

Your probably right about Paul, he was a Pharisee and had deep roots in Judaism and most likely followed the law of Moses religiously. Paul thought he was rendering God service when he tried to destroy what he felt was a new religious sect springing up.

Christ left no doubt in Paul’s mind as to who he was dealing with while on the road to Damascus.

Act 9:4  And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?"
Act 9:5  And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
Act 9:6  But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do."  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.