bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thankful.  (Read 3764 times)

rick

Thankful.
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »

We’re always thankful for the things we have, at least to God, we should be. Today, I was intrigued with this thought, are you thankful for the things you never had but wanted?

I believe the things I wanted but never had would of been the very things that would of distracted me from God.

Contrary to the carnal mind of this world, wisdom says yes, be very thankful for the things you never had. For the greatest wealth one could ever have is the wealth of love from a loving God we call Father.  :)

God bless all of you.

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Thankful.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:42:24 AM »

Amen Brother Rick!

Rinus

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »

Sup Rick

Amen to that.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »

Very true. It's all about this verse

1Th 5:18  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Rhys
🤫

rick

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 12:57:10 AM »

Hello Rhys,

With me rhys, its not about a scripture or a verse, its about what God is showing me, your right when you quote 1Th 5:18 but its more than that with me.

Maybe I understand better what Christ means when He said ( what profit a man if he should gain the whole world but loose his soul ) you know that scripture blends in with ( he who loves his life shall lose it but he who gives up his life shall keep it ).

The things this world deems so important like wealth, fame and fortune just don’t mean all that much to me any more.

Under the right conditions a person can be more content with a piece of bread and butter than a banquet, I don’t need to tell you what the right conditions are, you already know it.

As I move forward , I want to loose my life so bad, I’m tired, worn out, I’m not happy who and what I am but in God  there is life and life abundant.

I don’t pray for this or that but I do pray keep drawing me my Lord for in you and you alone does a person have life abundant.

I do thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord and savior for the things I never had, they only lead to death not life.  :)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 05:01:50 AM »

I hear you all the way and is the same for me

Those things mean nothing when you see the truth. I know if I do go after them now it never satisfies and I'm back to seeking God again as that's the only place for me.

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.