bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weird occurrence  (Read 7501 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
weird occurrence
« on: November 11, 2014, 10:42:26 PM »

Hello All,
 It's snowy and cold here as Colorado should be this time of year.  I love the contrasts in seasons that God brings about.
 We recently moved- we sold our little house (thank you to those who prayed with me for that) and bought another one up the street.  Every house has it quirks and sounds so we are getting use to the sounds in this new house. My husband told me tonight that a couple of nights ago he was awakened at 1 am to the shower in our bathroom suddenly turning on.  He jumped up and turned it off. I slept through the whole thing. He just thought it was weird. I think it's very weird. I asked him if he could have possibly dreamed it and he said his hair got wet turning off the water!
 I know as you do that ghosts are not an option, but what do you think? Can showers spontaneously turn on? Should I be praying to rid the house of a spirit that should not be here? I almost put this post in Prayers, but I think of this as a Biblical wisdom kind of question.
  Everyone else I know will blame a ghost so I have to talk to you all about this and not everyone else.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: weird occurrence
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:24:41 PM »

All plumbing fixtures in a house are designed to either stem or allow the flow of water under pressure.  All mechanical devices are subject to intermittent, recurrent, or catastrophic failure.  Change the shower head.  I can't say for sure, but it's possible you have a shower head which also acts as a valve.  If so, make sure you shut down the flow with the faucets and not with the shower head.  If not, you may have a bad faucet.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here--a mechanical failure is far more likely to be the cause than an apparition.  Water is powerful. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 11:33:36 PM »

Agree with Dave but if you do have ghosts at least they are clean ghosts  ;D

Rhys
🤫

rick

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 12:47:23 AM »

This is a strange thread,

I do heating and air-conditioning for a living. No such thing as a faucet turning itself on or off, it needs to be physically turned on or off.

I seen leaky faucets due to a washer that has become brittle, sometimes a washer in a faucet can even disintegrate and no longer can stop the flow of water, in that case shutting off the faucet will not stop the flow of water.

(A) your husband is dreaming or ( B ) a family member forgot to shut off the faucet or ( C ) its neither ( A ) or ( B ) and your left with a mystery but in any event all is of God and put your trust in God and the mystery goes away.  ;)

zander

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »

"I know like you do that ghosts are not an option"

Er - really?  While your shower most probably has a logical explanation, I don't recall anywhere saying that ghosts definitely do not exist.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 07:23:04 PM »

Hi Zander,

Most people consider "ghosts" as referring to dead people whose spirit essence lives on in a non-physical - disembodied form. Now surely you know that we don't believe that to be true here... that the dead are truly dead and not living in some other form was a main point in Ray's teaching. Maybe read the article 'An Encouraging Word About Death' at this link http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:38:51 PM by Kat »

Ricky

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 11:13:25 PM »

Ray is doing WHAT ??? I do not see that being funny.

Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:13:55 AM »

Okay, looks like that was removed Ricky. The General board is for serious discussion and is not an appropriate place for joking around.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

zander

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 07:41:45 PM »

Hi Zander,

Most people consider "ghosts" as referring to dead people whose spirit essence lives on in a non-physical - disembodied form

HI.  I understand that.  However I wasn't referring to that definition of "ghosts" specifically.  I would assume that none of us know whether they exist for sure, whatever their definition may be.  To suggest ghosts are "not an option" I believe to not be entirely true. 

Kat

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 09:21:49 PM »

However I wasn't referring to that definition of "ghosts" specifically. 

Okay there is a huge heaven host of spirit being and I believe they are most definitely responsible for a lot of the unexplained occurrences that happen.

I would assume that none of us know whether they exist for sure, whatever their definition may be.  To suggest ghosts are "not an option" I believe to not be entirely true.

Well I am very confident in believing dead people are not alive. I guess you have the whole church to support your position that these 'ghosts' are indeed people that are not dead at all. My confidence comes from knowing what all the Scripture say about it and that's why I believe the only hope for dead people is in a resurrection for the dead.

Ecc 9:5  For the living know that they will die; But the dead know nothing, And they have no more reward, For the memory of them is forgotten.

Job 14:10  But man dies and is laid away; Indeed he breathes his last And where is he?
v. 11  As water disappears from the sea, And a river becomes parched and dries up,
v. 12  So man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no more, They will not awake Nor be roused from their sleep.
v. 13  "Oh, that You would hide me in the grave, That You would conceal me until Your wrath is past, That You would appoint me a set time, and remember me!
v. 14  If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, Till my change comes.

Act 24:15  I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.

John 5:28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
v. 29  and come forth— those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:57:21 PM by Kat »

zander

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 03:04:44 PM »

"Okay there is a huge heaven host of spirit being and I believe they are most definitely responsible for a lot of the unexplained occurrences that happen. "

I agree....therefore would it be logical for something like this to be possible (although statistically unlikely) to explain the shower issue?

In regards to the dead are dead, I know this.  As I said before, I understand that.  I refer back to my original statement that I wasn't referring to that definition of "ghosts" specifically.

Interesting topic

Kat

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 04:31:13 PM »

Hi Zander, okay I'm glad you cleared up what you meant ghost were specifically for me. As far as what was happening with the op's shower, I don't know... Was it possible that it was paranormal?  All I can say as I do believe those type things can happen.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

DougE6

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »

I agree with several posters above that paranormal things can happen.  I can testify to unusual things that have happened which to date I cannot explain.

One time about 30 years ago during an intense time in my spiritual walk I was sitting alone in my bedroom in an older home which I shared with about 6 other room mates (I was out of college trying to decide what to do with my life)

I was watching TV and the TV cord was string across the closed door.  It was a small portable TV and I was sitting on the floor. Suddenly the cord of the TV violently lurched forward like something had just walked through the door and its feet had pulled the cord out of the wall socket. I was so astonished that I didn't believe it and I plugged it back in. Only to have it happen again in a couple minutes.

I told others that happened back then and they to this day will verify I told them that happened. I have thought long and hard what could of caused that from a physical sense and I have been unable to come up with the answer.

Douglas

virginiabm

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »

Hello family, talk about strange things happening, the other day I got up and I took my meds, one of the meds I take is Potassium, so I took the powder in my orange juice and I fixed my Breakfast after taking my meds. Well I fixed me a glass of diet green tea alone with my turkey sandwich and sat down at the table, I took a drink of my tea and there was an un opened pack of potassium in my drink. Now how could that have happened? I don't know, but it was strange and a little scary.

Blessing to all, virginia

zander

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 12:43:25 PM »

Haha, Virginiabm, that's funny.  That sounds like the time I looked back in my cupboard to find a pint of milk.  How the hell?  Then I realise only I could have put it in there by mistake.

;)

Jokes aside though, I have always thought there must be some kind of "spirit" world we don't understand.  Things that manifest themselves as "ghosts" or paranormal activity.  After all, if God is by definition "supernatural/paranormal" and as are the spirits he creates, then, going back to the original poster - ghosts surely are an "option".

rick

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »

I used to believe in ghost, especially Casper the friendly ghost...lol we know that the dead are really dead, right,

when a person dies their thoughts perish that day, the living know they will die but the dead know nothing,  I think strange happenings are caused by demons, however we know that not even Satan does what he wants anymore than the rest of creation because none of God’s creation has free will.

I would pray to God and stay clear away from these types of entities just as Solomon was warned to stay away from witches.

virginiabm

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 02:25:05 AM »

Hi Sander, I had the same thought, could I have done this myself?, but no I could not have, because I use a small glass for my meds and  I got a larger glass out of the cabinet after I had already put my meds away. Strange stuff happens around here a lot, but I know it is not a dead person, because the dead know nothing, but I know there are unseen spirits roaming around, maybe one of them has a sense of humor. LOL

Ian 155

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 06:28:59 AM »

Hello family, talk about strange things happening, the other day I got up and I took my meds, one of the meds I take is Potassium, so I took the powder in my orange juice and I fixed my Breakfast after taking my meds. Well I fixed me a glass of diet green tea alone with my turkey sandwich and sat down at the table, I took a drink of my tea and there was an un opened pack of potassium in my drink. Now how could that have happened? I don't know, but it was strange and a little scary.

Blessing to all, virginia

;D ...same thing used to happen when I was on the Green stuff

octoberose

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 01:34:19 AM »

The important thing is I'm not going to be afraid because God is in control- Your responses were just what I needed. We just don't see what God keeps from us on the other side of the veil.

zander

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 07:15:57 PM »

How many times do I need to say "I know ghosts are not dead people"?

Cry me a river lol

I think we've established "ghosts" probably do exist in some form or another....please no one talk about dead people? :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.