bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proverbs 27:14  (Read 4255 times)

Rinus

Proverbs 27:14
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »

NIV-If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning,it will be taken as a curse.

What is this verse saying?

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Proverbs 27:14
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »

Matthew 6:1 "Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven."
Matthew 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Matthew 6:3 "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:"
Matthew 6:4 "That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly."
Matthew 6:5 "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Psalm 12:2 "They speak vanity every one with his neighbor: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak."

Psalm 28:3 "Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil, who speak cordially with their neighbors but harbor malice in their hearts."

Psalm 55:21 "His talk is smooth as butter, yet war is in his heart; his words are more soothing than oil, yet they are drawn swords."

Beware of fake grandiose love--religiosity. Ray spoke of this before but I don't remember where. The outward righteousness to the extent that it wreaks of vanity and fraud in reality being inwardly dead. This is very pronounced in the leader's of the church during Jesus' time, the Pharisees, but a neighbor isn't limited to a religious leader. 

Luke 16:15 "And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts; for that which is highly esteemed among men is detestable in the sight of God."

Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;"

We are constantly admonished to be meek and humble, not boastful of anything, for what have we that we did not receive?

God bless,
Alex

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:05:17 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 10:37:15 AM »

Who wants to hear a bunch of noise when they first get up? not me. Let me have my first cup of coffee and then maybe I can bare it. :)

Joel

dogcombat

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 11:46:51 AM »

Who wants to hear a bunch of noise when they first get up? not me. Let me have my first cup of coffee and then maybe I can bare it. :)
  Unless the noise is an alarm clock ( ;)

Ches

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 01:28:01 AM »

Alex.

Those where some very good findings...

It always keeps amazing me how incredibly powerful and truthful are the Scriptures, and how you can find so many statrment matches that doesn't contradict.

Rinus

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 09:17:30 AM »

Alright i get it now.Thanks guys.

Ian 155

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 03:43:42 AM »

to me this is one being provocative, under the guise of being spiritual, rather than hypocritical  :-\

Farlsborough

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 10:06:40 AM »

I agree with Ian - I think this simply means that even well-meaning or spiritually desirable things (blessings) can be done in a thoughtless and uncaring way which will negate or even reverse the desired effect. In the same way that Paul speaks about truth given without love.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.