bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus IS the Holy Spirit?  (Read 5738 times)

robby.morales

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Jesus IS the Holy Spirit?
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:28:39 AM »

Dear BTW Family:

Ref.The Lake of Fire - Part VIII

Section:A QUICK HISTORY OF THE CHURCH BEFORE REVELATION

Quote: "On Pentecost, Jesus Christ came back to His disciples just as He said He would. He came back as the Comforter. Jesus said that they absolutely could NOT receive the Comforter until He went away. Why? Because Jesus Christ IS THE COMFORTER, but not in the flesh, but in THE SPIRIT!"
-----

Question:
Am I to understand that Ray is teaching that Jesus himself is the Holy Spirit?
--

lilitalienboi16

Re: Jesus IS the Holy Spirit?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 01:10:25 AM »

Dear BTW Family:

Ref.The Lake of Fire - Part VIII

Section:A QUICK HISTORY OF THE CHURCH BEFORE REVELATION

Quote: "On Pentecost, Jesus Christ came back to His disciples just as He said He would. He came back as the Comforter. Jesus said that they absolutely could NOT receive the Comforter until He went away. Why? Because Jesus Christ IS THE COMFORTER, but not in the flesh, but in THE SPIRIT!"
-----

Question:
Am I to understand that Ray is teaching that Jesus himself is the Holy Spirit?
--

Hi Robby,

Here is what Christ Himself said about the holy spirit:

John 14:16 And I shall be asking the Father, and He will be giving you another consoler, that it, indeed, may be with you for the eon -"
John 14:17 the spirit of truth, which the world can not get, for it is not beholding it, neither is knowing it. Yet you know it, for it is remaining with you and will be in you."
John 14:18 I will not leave you bereaved; I am coming to you."

John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

He is coming to make His home in our hearts.

Eph 3:17 "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,"
Eph 3:18 "May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;"
Eph 3:19 "And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

Notice what paul says:

Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."
Romans 8:10 "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness."

Paul uses the "spirit of God" and "Christ being in you" interchangeably.

2 Corinthians 13:5 "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?"

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Ephesians 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Ephesians 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

God dwells in us through His spirit. The Holy spirit is how Christ comes to us. It is Christ.. 

John 4:24 "God is spirit, and those who are worshiping Him must be worshiping in spirit and truth."

This is how ray puts it in the trinity paper:

WHO, OR WHAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?

Jesus told His disciples in John 16:7:

"It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will NOT COME UNTO YOU; but if I depart, I will SEND HIM unto you."

Is this "comforter" the third God of a trinity? Let us see Who this Comforter really is! Didn’t you ever wonder why this Comforter could not come until Christ departed? The comforter does not come until Christ departs to the Father, because the comforter IS THE SON returning in the form of "spirit," "holy spirit."

JESUS CHRIST BY MEANS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD WHICH HIS FATHER GAVE TO HIM IS THE COMFORTER. THE GREEK PROVES THAT CHRIST IS THE COMFORTER!

In the Greek, the "comforter" or consoler is translated from parakleetos. Now, is there any Scriptural proof that Jesus Christ is called "parakleetos?" Yes there is. In I John 2:1 we read:

"And if anyone should be sinning, we have an Entreater with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Just."

In the King James it says we have an "advocate" [with a small "a"]. King James ALWAYS capitalizes the Greek word "parakleetos," so why don’t they capitalize it here? You see, "advocate" or a better translation "Entreater" is translated from the GREEK WORD "parakleetos!"

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:32:10 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

robby.morales

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 09:24:49 PM »

Thank you Alex. That was very helpful. :-)

Ian 155

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 04:24:31 AM »

This is so true .... Jesus has returned, for some

rick

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 08:13:52 PM »

This is so true .... Jesus has returned, for some

Yes Ian, I agree too, but Jesus will be there for all others later on in His wonderful plan of bringing everyone into salvation.  :)

octoberose

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »

So, we are saying that Christ IS the Spirit? Or did the Father give his Son His Spirit, and His Spirit is the Holy Spirit that indwells His people?
 After all,  Mary became pregnant by the Holy Spirit, and Jesus is not his own father.
 I don't mean to be obtuse, but realized I am not have the same understanding.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 12:21:44 PM »

Hi Octobberose,

Rom 8:9  But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Phl 1:19  For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Well it is true that all things go back to and come from the Father... I consider Christ as an actually extension of the Father, that's how He could say “He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father'? (John 14:9). Now when Jesus lived on earth and died and was raised up, I think He established Himself as a personality that we can know. So now what we receive is the Holy Spirit of God the Father that must come to us through the person of Christ.

Col 1:20  and through Him (christ) to reconcile the all things to Himself (the Father) -- having made peace through the blood of His (Jesus') cross -- through Him (Christ Jesus), whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens. (YLT)

It's by the Son - Christ Jesus that everything in this creation is accomplished, from start to finish and that is the Spirit that we receive indwelling.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

John from Kentucky

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »

Hi Octobberose,

Rom 8:9  But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Phl 1:19  For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Well it is true that all things go back to and come from the Father... I consider Christ as an actually extension of the Father, that's how He could say “He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father'? (John 14:9). Now when Jesus lived on earth and died and was raised up, I think He established Himself as a personality that we can know. So now what we receive is the Holy Spirit of God the Father that must come to us through the person of Christ.

Col 1:20  and through Him (christ) to reconcile the all things to Himself (the Father) -- having made peace through the blood of His (Jesus') cross -- through Him (Christ Jesus), whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens. (YLT)

It's by the Son - Christ Jesus that everything in this creation is accomplished, from start to finish and that is the Spirit that we receive indwelling.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Right on Kat.  I especially am in agreement with your statement that I highlighted above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.