bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wisdom for son  (Read 3790 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Wisdom for son
« on: December 06, 2014, 01:47:27 AM »

My dear prodigal son is destructing. He was sobbing on the phone with me- but he doesn't want us to get on a plane and see him. He said he would come home for Christmas break and we bought a plane ticket- and now he won't come. He is in the grips of unbelief, lack of forgiveness, and homosexuality. He thinks about suicide.
  Please pray with me that God will intercede in his life -  spare his physical life and turn his heart of stone to a heart of flesh.
  Thank you all.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Wisdom for son
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:52:37 AM »

My daughter is also suicidal from trying to clear her brain chemistry of years of prescription drugs. She has deep bouts of depression and it is very scary. So I understand.

He is in the grips of unbelief, lack of forgiveness

Remind him that he is God's child, God loves him, and his life has meaning and serves a purpose, even if he cannot recognize it now.

turn his heart of stone to a heart of flesh

I don't think he has a heart of stone. The fact that he was sobbing on the phone proves he has a genuine heart.

Remind him that you are his mother and will always love him no matter what.

And if you are preaching to him, stop it. You cannot save him from homosexuality or anything else. He is what he is until God decides differently. I suggest you promise to leave God out of all your conversations unless he brings it up. He's aware of his circumstances.

I pray God helps both of you get through this difficult time.

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:00:12 AM »

OH my sister, My heart and prayers are with you in your time of need. I pray God strengthens you and comforts you through your troubles. I know how you feel when it comes to your children. You are going to have to be strong for him and yourself, because he is weak in the flesh and spirit, but you have someone looking on that is ready to pull you through.
  Your troubles are our troubles and we are here for you and your son. May the God of peace smile upon you and your son.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
            Virginia Miller

octoberose

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 12:56:35 PM »

Thank you Dennis and Virginia, so much. I needed those kind words. I had figured out the no preaching aspect a while ago, but unfortunately when Nathan was in high school my husband was laying on the guilt very thick and didn't tell me. He's tired to make up for that, but Nathan holds it against him.
 Thank you for praying with me. His sisters love him and are also reaching out to him and always have. Every day I am pleading, asking, broken before God to give this boy life.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »

Hi Octoberose,

I'm going to share some of my favorite verses with you, feel free to share them with your son if you feel they might apply.

Isa 49:13-16  Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break out into singing, O mountains; for the Lord has comforted His people, and will have mercy on His afflicted. But Zion said, Jehovah has forsaken me, and my LORD has forgotten me. Can a woman forget her suckling child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have carved you on the palms of My hands; your walls are forever before Me.

Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I WILL help you."

Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

Psalm 51:17 "My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise."
Psalm 34:18 "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Maybe your son will find some of theses verses of comfort. There are many, many, many more that I could share. If you want them I will post some more if they are of comfort.

I will keep your son and your family in my prayers.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

octoberose

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 01:53:29 AM »

Alex, yes I am right there in those verses. Thank you - I would always appreciate more.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »

Alex, yes I am right there in those verses. Thank you - I would always appreciate more.

Hi Rose,

Here are some more of my favorites that bring me comfort.

Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Exodus 14:14 "The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace."

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God…"

Isaiah 33:22 "For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us."

Ezekiel 34:26 "I will cause my people and their homes around my holy hill to BE a blessing. And I will send showers, showers of blessings, which will come just when they are needed.”

Psalm 119:132  "Turn to me and show me loving-favor, as You always do to those who love Your name."

Psalm 31:1-3 "In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defense to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me."

Psalm 7:10  "My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart."

Isaiah 51:7  "Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings."
Isaiah 51:12 "I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass;
Isaiah 51:13 "And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?"

Oh and of course, there are many more dear sister. Be of good cheer!

Matthew 14:27 "But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid."
John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Psalm 27

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Romans 8:31 "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"

God's mercy, peace, and love be with you.
In Christ,
Alex
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:32:59 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 06:18:03 PM »

With you here as well.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

octoberose

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 04:51:13 PM »

I'll hold onto these Alex and maybe one day Nathan will be open to the sharing of them. Until then, they do me a lot of good.
 God bless you for being so generous with your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.