bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need wisdom  (Read 10598 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Need wisdom
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 06:19:46 PM »

I have read that some States will pay for a medical education if upon graduation the recipient agrees to work as a doctor in the poor or rural regions of a State.  Have you looked into such programs?

Just a quick google result--may or may not apply.

http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/

http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/medical-school-admissions-doctor/2012/02/20/explore-new-options-to-repay-medical-school-loans

Alex, 

I agree with JFK and Dave, and think this may be a wonderful option to pursue instead of joining the military for financial help.

Here is a scripture that came to mind when I was reading your comments. I mean no offense, and hope you understand the spirit behind this scripture, and know that I share it out of love. :)

Heb 12:14 - "Peace be pursuing with all, and the obtaining of holiness,—without which no one shall see the Lord:
vs 16 - "Lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau,—who, for the sake of one meal, yielded up his own firstborn rights.

René

Hi Rene,

No offense taken and in fact I really appreciate you sharing this verse with me because I find it very relevant. I certainly would not want to sell my birthright for a momentary reprieve. You've sparked my interest in reading of Esau once more! Thank you.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 06:29:14 PM »

Hi Kat,

I was considering other medical avenues within the field if I did not get accepted into any medical school; however, since I was accepted, I took it as God's seal of approval, so to speak, in the matter. He could have just as easily denied me entrance to any medical school in which case I would definitely be perusing my alternatives.

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 06:42:08 PM »

This is the 'fellowship' and 'prayer request' section.  Let's try to keep our comments relevant to Alex's situation  Though Scripture surely can help Alex make Alex's choice, the rest of us are not Alex.  There is ONE LORD--and nobody here is Him.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rinus

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 11:44:25 AM »

Ola alex

Dave said,"This is the 'fellowship' and 'prayer request' section.  Let's try to keep our comments relevant to Alex's situation  Though Scripture surely can help Alex make Alex's choice, the rest of us are not Alex.  There is ONE LORD--and nobody here is Him.

So I'll make my comments relevant to your situation.

I'm not sure if you've come to a conclusion about your situation, but i thought i would share some things for you to consider-hope it helps you if you agree.  No need to answer the questions if you are not willing, you can just consider:

Say an illegal drug dealing company offers you a position as a doctor.  You can ONLY work for them and heal their patients(patients they offer illegal drugs) ONLY, and they will pay for your studies. Though you are not doing the ACTUAL DRUG DEALING,however you do play a role IN A WAY, and you get your fair share of the prize from the drug dealers efforts.  Though the women who helped Christ's ministry did not do the ACTUAL PREACHING,however they did play a role IN A WAY and they will get their share of the prize(IMMORTALITY) from Christs efforts.  Though Craig(I'm ASSUMING he plays a role in financing the website,along with others) does not do the ACTUAL WRITING of Ray's articles, however he(Craig) does play a role IN A WAY and he will get his fair share of the prize from Ray's efforts.  Though the brothers from Macedonia(2 Cor 11:9) did not do the ACTUAL PREACHING,however they did play a role IN A WAY and will get their fair share of the prize from Paul's efforts. Though the administrator is not a lawyer for the firm, he(the administrator) does play a role IN A WAY and he gets his fair share of the prize from the Lawyers efforts. Though the eyes do not do the actual work of the hands, however they do play a role in whatever the hands pick up.Though the doctor under the umbrella of the army does not do the actual killing of enemies, does the doctor play a role IN A WAY and get his fair share of the prize? And...and...and...and!

Now consider this right hand:

When Christ comes, should He give the women(provided they CONTINUED in the same faith as Jesus) who helped Him with His ministry the same reward He received from His Father?

When Christ comes, should He give Craig(provided he CONTINUES in the same faith as Ray) the same reward Ray will receive?

When Christ comes, should He give the Macedonians(provided they CONTINUED in the same faith as Paul) the same prize Paul will receive?

Now consider this left hand:

When Christ comes, should He give the administrator(provided he CONTINUED in the same faith as his head/bosses) the same reward He will give to the Lawyers?

When Christ comes, should He give the doctor of the drug dealing(provided he CONTINUED in the same faith as his head/bosses) company the same reward the drug dealers will receive?

When Christ comes, should He give the eyes(provided they CONTINUE in the same faith as the hands) the same reward the hands will get?

----

Regarding "Why should you help the wicked and love those who hate the Lord" (2 Chronicles 19:2)

We shouldn't help the wicked IN A WAY that will come in conflict with our beliefs in Christ.
Example,true story:

Recently a friend(Not in Christ) asked me to help him by going to the police station and give a good report about his character so that he can get a certificate that authorizes him to get a gun.  He just wanted it for a job, nothing illegal. Then he will use it to get a job as a security guard.  I didn't have the guts(or faith) to say "no i can't do that brah". Then luckily...i mean,REALLLLLY, LUCKILY!  Somehow God prevented me from "helping" him.
If we shouldn't help the wicked PERIOD,then we'll be contradicting other parts of scripture. But if we help them in a way that does not contradict our beliefs then we are doing them good, even if they do not know it.

Can you imagine in the end, my friend telling God:"But God, Rinus helped me get this Gun, he didn't even warn me.Why should i suffer and he gets a"free pass?"Then God would turn to me and say,"Well Rinus, what do you have to say for yourself?"

----

You said,".. even outside the military I would get stuck with helping wicked people too"

Comment:
Paul said:"Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience,"(1 Cor 10:25)

Outside the military you don't have to ask any questions of conscience.  If you do, you'll destroy yourself and you'll NEVER work.  But in the military you already KNOW what is happening.Remember that if your heart condemns you(there's a scripture like this,forgot where it is), then whatever you are doing is not out of faith,and anything not out of faith is EVIL!

Imagine a doctor asking EVERY SINGLE patient,"what are you going to do with these drugs(legal)?Are you going to mix them with other chemicals and make heroin or any other illegal drugs?Are you sure?Do you give me your word?".  I mean really!
Which heroin addict would answer,"Yes doctor,I'm going to make heroin and illegal drugs with the one's you are giving me." really?

I hope you make the right decision if you haven't yet.

Sincerely

Joel

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 03:33:06 PM »

Hi Alex,
The way I see it as long as you are lead my the Holy Spirit of God you can't go wrong.
I have had two long term careers in my lifetime more than 26 yrs. as a printing press operator, and 14 yrs. working for the state I live in, before I retired.
I know in my heart that both jobs were a blessing from God, and have no regrets for either.
My wife retired from city government where we live, and our daughter taught in public schools for many years, and currently is a stay at home mom that home schools her two sons.
I think God had people for me to meet that under other circumstances I may never have know.

Joel

Ian 155

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 05:14:46 PM »

Hi Alex,
The way I see it as long as you are lead my the Holy Spirit of God you can't go wrong.
I have had two long term careers in my lifetime more than 26 yrs. as a printing press operator, and 14 yrs. working for the state I live in, before I retired.
I know in my heart that both jobs were a blessing from God, and have no regrets for either.
My wife retired from city government where we live, and our daughter taught in public schools for many years, and currently is a stay at home mom that home schools her two sons.
I think God had people for me to meet that under other circumstances I may never have know.

Joel

I agree - I don't think we have any say in the matter,heathen,or "sanctified" gotta do what we gotta do.... "Que Sera Sera"

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »

I need guidance. I am praying about this fervently and am leaning towards taking federal loans to pay for my education as I currently I feel it would still be wrong even as a non combat personal to join the military because I would be aiding a system that exists to kill (and defend).

Anyone have wisdom on the matter?

In Christ,
Alex

Alex;

I can't believe that I didn't see this thread until now.  I spent 13 years in the military.  I would have nothing to do with the military in any way or form today.  I highlighted what you already know.  I can come up with a lot of carnal reasons to wear the uniform but no spiritual ones.  I think you already know by what you said about this.  God be with you in your journey!!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 03:52:04 PM »

Thanks all for the wisdom. It has helped me tremendously, especially the verses of scripture.

I believe I have made my decision, by the grace of God, I will not be selling my birthright.

With love,
Alex

rick

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 02:05:15 AM »

Hi Alex,

This might help you in your decision whether to join the military or not. Just think about it Alex, if no one joined the military in any country on earth.................there would be no wars.

If its God’s intention for you to become a doctor, I don’t believe God needs these special programs offered by the military to enable you financially to become a doctor.

You know as well as I do Alex, at the end of the day we all do God’s intentions all day long every day and we always will for all ages to come.

May God bless you Alex in what appears a gray area of life struggle with your decision, the answer to your question will come Alex in Gods time.

God bless.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.