bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anger  (Read 4661 times)

jojoross

Anger
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:48:03 PM »

Yello  everybody,

James 1:19-20 KJV

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:  For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Psalms 7:11 KJV

God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Is Gods anger/wrath different then men's anger/wrath? Is a man justified for being angry if it produces good fruit? I'm just confused because anger to me seems not of the fruit of the spirit. But Gods is angry everyday?  Thanks for your time!

Gods peace,
Jordan

rick

Re: Anger
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 10:25:13 PM »

Hello Jordan,

My understanding is that God is love, to me, that’s Gods greatest attribute, how can love and anger exist at the same time ? Anyways you know God’s ways are as high from us as the heavens from the earth.

One of the scriptures I been meditating on lately says ( lean not to your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path )   

I once read a statement in a thread where Dave from tenn said concerning God’s hatred ( Gods hatred is better than my best love ) could one not say God’s anger is better than ones best love ?

Anyways I hope that helps somewhat.

God bless my brother.  :)

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:28:32 AM »

I don't see where it is wrong to be angry, or to show righteous indignation.

Ephesians 4:26-27
26-Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27-Neither give place to the devil.

John 2: 15-17
And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the money, and overthrew the tables.
And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Joel

Gina

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 04:02:07 AM »

Hi, Jordon

This is how I see the difference between God's anger and man's

God's anger:

Mark 3:5 And looking about on them with indignation (anger), commiserating the callousness of their hearts, He is saying to the man, "Stretch out your hand.  And he stretches it out, and his hand was restored."

Contrast that with man's anger (sans the mind of Christ):

Mark 3:6 And, coming out, the Pharisees straightway held a consultation with the Herodians against Him, so that they should be destroying Him."

When you and I and every believer have the mind of Christ, in addition to being meek and humble and kind and all of that, I imagine we will also find ourselves being angry about certain things that would anger God.  But if we turn around and plot murder or hope that they get theirs - that's not having the mind of Christ.

As we all grow in grace and truth, we will be less and less likely to let the sun go down on our anger and do things like, plot someone's murder.  Some torched Ferguson, Missouri.  That's the extreme end of letting the sun go down on your anger.

There's the milder end of the spectrum where you find yourself laying in bed fuming over something, actually wishing and hoping that something horrible befalls someone else. 

Is a man justified for being angry if it produces good fruit?

I'm not sure how simply being angry could produce good fruit, but I think I know what you're trying to say.  When we're angry, our conscience either excuses or accuses us.  But we aren't to say "Why not do evil [or why not let the sun go down on our anger] so that good may come?"  ( Rom. 3:8 )

I hope that helps.

Gina

jojoross

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 05:52:21 PM »

Gina,  Joel and Rick,

All your answers intertwined great. Thank you. Gods way is higher than are ways. I'm so grateful for that!

Gods peace,
Jordan

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 08:55:45 PM »

Be angry and sin not=don't sin by being angry. 

"Wrath" is something forbidden to us if we are being obedient.

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 4:31  Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Col 3:8  But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9  Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

1Ti_2:8  I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

And this one is GREAT!

Jas_1:19  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas_1:20  For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Get that?  The "wrath of man" worketh NOT the righteousness of God.  There's your 'difference'.

"Vengeance" is "MINE" sayeth the Lord.  I (the LORD) will repay.  Of course, that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of people who make themselves out to be god by taking on (poorly imitating) His attributes.  Impossible to be 'angry' at a brother while still taking the beam out of our own eye. 

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:23:14 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 01:01:35 AM »

You know what I find fascinating about Jesus' anger toward the pharisees' hardness of heart is that, even though Jesus could have wiped the floor with them, He didn't do that.  He simply ignored their little temper tantrum and went about His Father's business of healing the hand of the man who needed healing.

From you Fools, You Hypocrites, You Snakes:

I would rather sound a little angry or sarcastic than to teach smooth and deceitful things. Even Isaiah used colorful language, "speak unto us smooth things." Could this be the origin of "smooth talkers?"

I'm not sure why it is automatically assumed that if one sounds angry there is something wrong with his message. When speaking of immoral and evil things that hurt and deceive people, it behooves us to be ANGRY about such things. Anger does not have to be a sin. God’s anger is mentioned a couple of hundreds times in Scripture. Many of the teachings of the Church are not only evil, but they are stupid and foolish. Sarcasm is often the perfect exposer of stupidity.

Maybe it is about time some of you started to feel a little anger toward all the spiritual swill and filth that is merchandised and peddled to the world in the name of Christianity! For those few, however, who are teaching the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, GOD BLESS YOU ONE AND ALL!

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:19:21 AM by Gina »

jojoross

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 01:23:59 AM »

Thank you Dave and Gina! Ah! You guys get me pumped up with your encouraging words!  Gods peace!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.