bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 9562 times)

Gina

Deleted
« on: December 16, 2014, 02:40:37 AM »

Deleted. :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:30:19 PM by Gina »

rick

Re: Cop's Act of Kindness
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:47:13 AM »

Hello Gina,

I agree, it’s a beautiful story, it reminds me of Christ sacrifice for the sins of the world.  Feeding ones children is a right and noble thing to do but the fact remains Grandma is a shoplifter.

The officer involved is also guilty of dereliction of duty, his job is to enforce the law which he failed to do.

Every time someone shoplifts the cost is always passed off to we the consumers. I say throw Grandma in jail and fired the office for dereliction of duty.

Stealing is wrong, even if one steals to feed their young, its still wrong, ( thou shall not steal.)

Life is not fair Gina, life was not meant to be fair on this side of the resurrection, many people suffer greatly, the heart aches in this life seem as endless as the crimes we human beings commit.

But I do agree with you Gina, it is a beautiful story of forgiveness, compassion and love.  :)

Gina

Re: Deleted
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »

All I can say to that is, I hope you're not in law enforcement.  You scare me.

rick

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 11:50:23 PM »

No Gina, I’m not in law enforcement but even if I were , why be scared ....lol

I refuse to say wrong doing is right, Grandma in the story is clearly wrong. I agree the story or link you deleted was one of compassion and that is awesome being a believer in Christ but its not me who scare you, is it Gina.

Why did you delete the link you put up and then afterwards come back and make another statement ? What’s up with that?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:54:39 PM by Rick »

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 11:54:54 PM »

Hi folks,
I was in law enforcement. So what is the question we are struggling with?

Law, rules, duty, mercy, love etc.; even in the secular world. What seems difficult to understand?

May we be a little more specific? This could be a helpful lesson...

Thank you please...

Gina

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 12:42:25 AM »

Rick,

I put up the link because I thought it was a beautiful story.  There was no crime because the cop paid for the 3 (3!) eggs. 

But you think the grandma should be thrown in jail at a cost of at least $40 a day to house her (how much did those 3 eggs cost?).

And you also think the cop should be promptly fired for paying for the eggs and not throwing her in jail, for which the state would potentially have a major unemployment lawsuit on their hands, costing taxpayers how many tens of thousands of dollars?  In addition to the money it would have cost to jail the grandmother for however many days in addition to possibly having to place the children in foster care, at an additional cost to taxpayers?  I mean, who do think pays for all this stuff, Rick?  The tooth fairy?

I hope you're not in the banking business, either.  You really do scare me.

I think the cop took the most cost-effective, compassionate approach.  Maybe it even sent a message to other hotheaded, overworked cops to take  a friggin' chill pill!

In closing:  I will not get into with you over something so petty because I can discern that you are the type who gets off on this sort of thing.  And I will not be contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Out of one side of your mouth you say "fire him! throw her in jail!"  And out of the other you say, "Compassion, forgiveness, beautiful." 

But I won't hold that against you.

Rick, I'm warning you:  I could cut you down so far you would wish you never met me.  Ask anybody here, but I do not want to go that route, so let's drop it before an argument breaks out.  I would prefer to be the bigger person and take the high road.  If you want I can delete the entire thread?  Because I don't want to be contributing to your further downfall.

i-Bob, it's no big deal.  If it's all the same to you, maybe you and Rick could discuss this via PM? 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:53:38 AM by Gina »

rick

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 12:49:33 AM »

If no crime was committed why were the police called or did the officer just happen to show up?
After reading your last reply I think its best we stop any further communication between we two.

Have a nice day and God bless you Gina .  :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 12:59:45 AM »

Rick,

I put up the link because I thought it was a beautiful story.  There was no crime because the cop paid for the 3 (3!) eggs. 

But you think the grandma should be thrown in jail at a cost of at least $40 a day to house her (how much did those 3 eggs cost?).

And you also think the cop should be promptly fired for paying for the eggs and not throwing her in jail, for which the state would potentially have a major unemployment lawsuit on their hands, costing taxpayers how many tens of thousands of dollars?  In addition to the money it would have cost to jail the grandmother for however many days in addition to possibly having to place the children in foster care, at an additional cost to taxpayers?  I mean, who do think pays for all this stuff, Rick?  The tooth fairy?

I hope you're not in the banking business, either.  You really do scare me.

I think the cop took the most cost-effective, compassionate approach.  Maybe it even sent a message to other hotheaded, overworked cops to take friggin' take a chill pill!

In closing:  I will not get into with you over something so petty because I can discern that you are the type who gets off on this sort of thing.  And I will not be contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Out of one side of your mouth you say "fire him! throw her in jail!"  And out of the other you say, "Compassion, forgiveness, beautiful." 

But I won't hold that against you.

Rick, I'm warning you:  I could cut you down so far you would wish you never met me.  Ask anybody here, but I do not want to go that route, so let's drop it before an argument breaks out.  I would prefer to be the bigger person and take the high road.  If you want I can delete the entire thread?  Because I don't want to be contributing to your further downfall.

i-Bob, it's no big deal.  If it's all the same to you, maybe you and Rick could discuss this via PM?

Gina, you seem to be sowing discord over a political matter which has no place on these forums even if in the off topic section. Rick's post was spot on. If you find offense or reason to fear Rick then there is something else going on here that is beyond Rick's control or the post he made.

If you break the law then you should expect to be dealt with accordingly. When you break God's law, you are also judged and punished accordingly. A few stripes or many. Nevertheless, there are consequences. We are to be subject to the powers that be for they are ordained by God. In resisting those powers we are resisting God's plan and declaring Him unfit as our King through our lack of faith and trust in what He is doing.

Please take any and all politically charged topics to another forum. They are not welcome here and serve only to sow discord amongst brethren. They are not profitable for the growth of the body and this thread is a perfect example of that.

In Christ,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

wat

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 01:41:25 AM »

I don't know if you saw the article or if it was deleted before you could read it, Alex, but I don't think Rick's post was spot on.

Here's the article in case you missed it. http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/12/tarrant_police_officer_deliver.html

It's a very small crime, stealing a few eggs to feed her kids. Rick's pronouncing some pretty large judgments on the woman and officer, to be thrown in jail and fired.

It reminds me of the parable in Matthew 18. A servant is in debt for 10,000 talents to his master and can't pay. The master is going to sell the servant, his wife and kids and all they own so that payment can be made. The servant pleads for patience and he will pay everything. The master has pity and releases the servant and forgives his debt. Kind of like the police officer forgiving the woman and then buying her the food. True, the woman did commit a crime, as did the servant by not paying, but both were forgiven.

Then the servant goes to one of his fellow servants for a much smaller debt to be payed. When the fellow servant can't pay, he has him thrown in jail, kind of like Rick saying the woman should be thrown in jail.

I think Gina is the one who's spot on, though I think she came on too strong at the end. I have nothing against Rick, I think he's a fine person who's grown a lot since he's been here.

Gina

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 01:55:10 AM »

I just thought it was a beautiful story.  I had no intention of sowing discord.  I don't think I came on too strong.  I could have come on a lot stronger, but then I'd only embarrass myself and everyone here.  The truth is, I was actually restraining my lips, but I had to vent --just like we all do from time to time.  Rick was tempting me to succumb to my flesh and I fell.  I'm sorry.  I believe Rick actually owes me an apology for making me fall like that, but far be it from me to grab him by the throat and make him give me one. 

I really only wanted to post what I thought was a beautiful story.  But I deleted it because it was sowing discord.

Mike Gagne

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 03:39:21 AM »

Seems to be a lot of pointing fingers... Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure... It is all Gods work and I see He does it on this forum!! 

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 05:19:03 AM »

I just thought it was a beautiful story.  I had no intention of sowing discord.  I don't think I came on too strong.  I could have come on a lot stronger, but then I'd only embarrass myself and everyone here.  The truth is, I was actually restraining my lips, but I had to vent --just like we all do from time to time.  Rick was tempting me to succumb to my flesh and I fell.  I'm sorry.  I believe Rick actually owes me an apology for making me fall like that, but far be it from me to grab him by the throat and make him give me one. 

I really only wanted to post what I thought was a beautiful story.  But I deleted it because it was sowing discord.

Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform (bring about) that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Love you, Gina.  Welcome to my world.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 11:49:39 AM »

No need for us to get caught up in the right or wrong of that situation. The fact is the poor are a big part of this age... a good deed yes, but that was only a band aid for a much bigger problem.

Mark 14:7  For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good; but Me you do not have always.

These things should make us long for the return of Christ to set up His kingdom... and not as a far distance hope either.

Mat 24:32  "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
v. 33  So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors!

Only then will this world will be put right, the hungry will have plenty of food to eat, both physically and spiritual food as well.

Rev 21:4  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

John from Kentucky

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »

Since this is Christmas time,  :D :D :D

the words of Tiny Tim come to mind,

"God bless us, Everyone!"

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 04:37:51 PM »

Since this is Christmas time,  :D :D :D

the words of Tiny Tim come to mind,

"God bless us, Everyone!"

8)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 08:38:22 PM »

Ricky

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »

If any of you celebrate Christmas, I hope u have a great pagan time.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 09:05:10 PM »

I'll be working 6-2 that day, but I plan to spend the rest of it cowering under my sheets so I don't accidentally enjoy the company.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 05:09:06 AM »

It's a beautiful story to me and what Gina shared. It shows what God brings us through and we all make mistakes a long the way but we learn that we are not alone through it.

I feel like banging my head against the wall some times, should I be doing this or doing that and not doing this and not doing that. I feel concerned sometimes I turn my back on God and open myself to the ways of this world which only results in more of the banging of the head going on.

I learn through it all not to condemn and judge others as I was there too but too love and care as I can even though I feel I come so short of that at times. I know God is doing a good work and in that I rejoice.

I feel I want to get closer to the truth but every step towards it seems to find another obstacle in the path. It seems to all make this life more difficult, yes there if freedom in doing right but it comes at a cost.

The previous posts mention Christmas and I find that a challenge too but I agree with what Ray said here:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2759.msg20428.html#msg20428

Yes, Christimas and all of its accoutrements and paraphania (evergreen tree, orbs, eggs, mistletoe, presents, winter solstice, yule logs, fires, drinking, etc.) are also pagan. But then again virtually all who shun this day with great horror think nothing of having a traditional wedding with the same pagan acoutrements (vale, something old, something new; something borrowed, something blue, rings, rice, honeymoon, bells, wedding cake, etc.).  Then of course at least some of them have their boys in the Boy Scouts with all their pagan accoutrements (left-handed locking little finger hand shake, spirit of scouting, the insignia--fleur-de-lis, etc).  Did I mention that it was the pagans who whore shoes before the Christians.  The Scriptures tell us that we should "Be ye not righteous over much" (Ecc. 7:16). And Paul said: "To the pure all things are pure."  I just don't get all bent out of shape over these things. I personally do not get caught up in the "spirit" of any of these things, but neither do I condemn those who do. These are things that each of us must decide in their own way. However, for what it is worth: Dumping Christmas for Hannukah seems to me like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

There are so many pagan things around us and many we do we don't even realise at the time. I learn over time and find that as God's truth sinks in those things become less interesting. Like Ray said how he does not get caught up in the spirit of them and I feel more that way myself now but still associate with some things but more for the benefit of others as I see little in it for me. I find myself struggling with that one, sometimes I just walk away and have nothing to do with it, this can annoy some people and yet other times I get involved but look to share some truth about it to others while not getting too involved in it. Start getting too involved and I want to walk out of the room.

I find peace in be a light in those situations even though it seems a dim light and not sure if it's a light or not but I feel I still grow in His truth even though I seem so unsure about things at times.

I agree with the comment by Kat "These things should make us long for the return of Christ to set up His kingdom... and not as a far distance hope either"

That's what I long for then these things would be less of an issue.

Just thinking out aloud, maybe some would understand where I'm coming from but OK if you don't. I'm not so sure I do

Rhys
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:00:49 PM by Rhys »
🤫

Gina

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »

I love that, Rhys.  You always nail it.  Thanks for coming to my rescue.

I'm just amazed that believers think we're never to judge.  But we have to judge.  Paul told the Corinthians they weren't even able to judge the smallest of matters.  It's not that we're never judge.  Of course we are, but Paul was angered because the Corinthians were dragging their brothers and sisters and neighbors before unbelieving judges to settle matters. 

And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?  (1 Cor. 6:2)

See, the thing I thought was so cool about the story was that the cop convinced the shopkeeper to not do that.  The cop was very, very wise.  He saved them all a tremendous amount of time, heartache and money.  He settled it right there.  I just love that cop.

The Tiny Tim posts can just go straight back to hades where they came from.  I know what you're up to.  Get thee hence.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.