bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who teaches?  (Read 5032 times)

jojoross

Who teaches?
« on: December 20, 2014, 02:21:17 AM »

Yello,

Hebrews 8: 11
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest.

John 6:45
It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

God teaches and not man is what I'm seeing from these verses. So the foolishness of preaching from men contradicts? Its says no man says know the Lord to another man?

God's peace,
Jordan

Kat

Re: Who teaches?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »

Hi Jordan,

John 6:45
It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

God teaches and not man is what I'm seeing from these verses. So the foolishness of preaching from men contradicts? Its says no man says know the Lord to another man?

When the Spirit is indwelling you have divine influence on the heart, for the elect now and the rest of the world later. That's what Ray had spoken about in his 'Saved By Grace Through Faith' article.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5417.msg43145.html#msg43145 --

1 Cor 15: 10 “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace (divine influence on the heart) which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all (labored): yet not I (labored), but the grace of God (labored) which was with me (labored).” 

There it is, the grace of God… labors.

In the Lake of Fire series I showed that grace is a verb. We learn that when we are judged we are chastened of the Lord, 1 Cor 11: 32. Chastening defines how God judges us. Now we are about to learn something very profound here, if we can get it.

Titus 2:11  “For the grace of God that brings salvation hath appeared to all men,
v. 12  Teaching us….”

What is doing the teaching? Grace is doing the teaching. It’s laboring - it’s teachings - it’s the divine influence of God on our heart, it‘s teaching us. So it’s...

v. 12 ...TEACHING us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world (eon - age);
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hebrews 8: 11
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest.

This verse is to be considered with what was said in the verses before it. I think this chapter must be speaking to the ancient Israelites of the OT, "the house of Israel and with the house of Judah." This make be speaking to the manner in which they learned Scripture in those days... they did not have a church on every corner with a preacher ready with his version of truth.

Heb 8:8  For He finds fault with them when He says: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,
v. 9  not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in My covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
v. 10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

So what verse 11 would seem to be speaking of the next age, when the whole world will be brought to righteousness (Isa 26:9). Just like the Spirit is indwelling the elect now and confirms in our hearts what is truth, so will it be for the rest of the world in the next age... 

If you think About it, we should be very thankful that it was through the Apostles preaching that we have the NT.

Acts 8:25  So when they (Peter and John) had testified and preached the word of the Lord, they returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

Acts 8:35  Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him.

2Cor 1:19  For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us; by me (Paul) and Silas and Timothy; was not yes and no, but in Him was, yes!

Php 1:18  What then? Nevertheless, in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached. And I rejoice in this. Yet, also I will rejoice.

1Peter 1:24  for "All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls,
v. 25  but the word of the Lord remains forever." And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

And finally an email from Ray on "the foolishness of preaching"...

http://bible-truths.com/email17.htm ------------------------

And once again on your other point: If it IS NECESSARY to send ministers into the world to 'save a few,' by what insane logic does it become 'UN-NECESSARY' to send ministers into the world to "SAVE ALL?" 

Listen closely.  God uses the "foolishness of preaching" as a vehicle to bring the gospel to the people. THAT IS HOW God does it. He could do it Himself, supernaturally, but He chooses to use the foolishness of preaching to accomplish it.  And whether He is saving just a few at this time and more later and still more even yet later, He chooses His own creatures to spread the good news.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Gina

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 03:58:39 PM »

Hi, Jordon:

I'll teach you, Mister.  hehe

It is confusing when you word it like that, but that is not to come down on you.  What you say would seem to make sense.  So to quote Ray, we have to pay attention to all the words. 

There's a difference between teaching and preaching:

John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Men preach the gospel of the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 

Remember, we are saved by grace -- as Kat said, which is teaching us.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:23  but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles

Again:  The apostles were preaching what was a stumbling block and utter foolishness to some who were wise in their own eyes.  But to those who God was saving it is not foolishness at all, but the power of God.  Preaching is not foolishness to those with ears to hear. 

And teaching does not from man but from God. 

One man plants, another waters, but it is God who makes us grow. 

And when God is all in all, no one will have to say to their neighbor, Know ye the Lord, for they will all know him they'll know him by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 30:20 Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher.

21 Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

God bless you.  Great question.  I hope that helped a little.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:05:20 PM by Gina »

jojoross

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:16:23 PM »

Ahhhh Haaa! So  Hebrews 8:11 is speaking on the next age, when God is all in all? If I'm interpreting  you, Gina and Kat, correctly that passage makes perfect sense now.
Thank you!!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:49:23 PM by JoJoRoss »

Gina

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »

I know how you feel, JoJo -- I got a lot out of it too.  I thank YOU for asking and Kat's well-constructed reply.  This is what I like to see.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:37:23 PM by Gina »

jojoross

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:15:51 PM »

Amen Gina!

So while we are on the subject of the foolishness of preaching, who preached Ray God's truths? Do we know?

God's peace,
Jordan
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:45:43 PM by JoJoRoss »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 06:53:59 PM »

Peter, Paul, James, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  All the men and women of faith in the Old and New Covenant scriptures.  Any number of right-minded preachers of good news.  Life, experience, and the world.  False teachers who must be overcome.  The Spirit of God in the beginning, through all of it, and in the end.   
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:22:58 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jojoross

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »

Dave! That's the answer I needed. Thank you.

God's peace,
Jordan

Kat

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 09:27:18 PM »

Ahhhh Haaa! So  Hebrews 8:11 is speaking on the next age, when God is all in all? If I'm interpreting  you, Gina and Kat, correctly that passage makes perfect sense now.
Thank you!!!!

Just a minor correction, the next age is when the world will learn righteousness under the direction of Christ and the elect, but it is not when God will be "all in all."

1Cor 15:28  When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

God will become all things to all beings when He has brought salvation to all... that will not be completed in the next age.

Mat 12:32  And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

We can see by that statement from Christ that all will not be forgiven until sometime after the next age.

Eph 2:7  that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

So there is at least 2 more ages and we don't know if there isn't more than that... it does say the elect will judge the angels, but it doesn't say when.

1Cor 6:3  Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

Just a little something to think about.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

jojoross

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 01:17:31 AM »

Yes! Thanks Kat  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.