bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you do different now?  (Read 9803 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: What do you do different now?
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, 02:03:27 AM »

Hi Rick,

Maybe here is a clue of how to live with the situation God has you in.

Get up each morning and just let life happen to you.
Get up and face the day and see what new things the day brings. It's an adventure.
If it brings joy, revel in it. If it brings challenges, work to overcome each of them in turn while going to God in prayer for the wisdom and the strength to do your best.
I have to pray several times a day, on the run so to speak...
And in all circumstances don't worry about your daily concerns. It never does any good.
Dump your genuine concerns in the lap of Lord Jesus and he will show you how to carry the load.

Philippians 4:11-13  (NKJV)

11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.

Indiana Bob

rick

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 02:07:11 PM »

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the advice given, I think most folks can relate to knowing /acknowledging God all their lives, I mean God didn’t just happen in my life. What I’m going through is God’s way of teaching me, I guess one could call it chastisement.

Like I said earlier I only came here to B.T. and by the way, I now know I was being lead here by God, no doubt in my mind about that but initially I only wanted to know, if all this talk about hell was indeed real.

Ray had done such an excellent job of explaining that hell was a Christian hoax and although I believed Ray instantly it did take some time to except what he was saying as truth and not just more mumbo jumbo stuff from a different perspective. The truth sunk in good soil and the evil one could not snatch that truth from me.

God kept my interest in B.T. and the next thing that was huge in my life was the sovereignty of God, It didn’t dawn on me before that God is sovereign, I always saw God as He does His thing and I do my thing. I had not a clue as Ray would say.

I have to admit that one took some time to understand but when the light went on it was on and growing brighter with each day. Today I understand that God has everything to do with the affairs of all people at all times.

God is teaching me to hate my life, I guess that coincides with what Jesus was saying when He said ( those who love their life will loose it and those who hate their life will keep it )

Please, don’t feel sorry for me because of what I said earlier in my last post, if anything I would say feel sorry for me if I was loving my life and living life in a manor that I used to.

I see all people as sheep in a huge fenced in field with one narrow gate and only few find this gate and get to go through it but those who don’t find this gate Christ the good Shepard will come back and lead all the other sheep through that gate.

Is it possible God is leading me through that narrow Gate ? God knows, but for me, only time will tell.

I really do hate my life, believe me, only God restrains me from using a few choice words to describe my life. I guess the potter is at work in my life and who is the pot to say anything to the potter ?

Wisdom whispers in my ear, keep quite and let the potter do His work, for in the end it will all be well worth the pain and anguish you go through.

Thanks again Bob and God Bless you my brother in the Lord .  :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:18:13 PM by Rick »

Gina

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 02:43:46 PM »

Beautiful.

rick

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »

Rick, when I pretend to myself that I have Free Will, I sin less. And so I like that.   ;D

Hi, Ricky,

When I first read your comment, I wasn’t sure what to do with it, I kept pondering over your analogy but then what you were saying started to make so much sense to me and although I had the answer I didn’t realize I had it.

The answer is in what Ray said (  We will do right when God decides that we will do right. )

We know our walk with God is and ongoing process, we are learning to do righteousness, Ray said that no one has ever learned some virtue without over coming some form of evil, God can’t just snap His finger and give us virtue, we have to learn it by overcoming some form of evil.

You know, how can I learn patience unless I have adversity in my life ? If everything goes smoothly in my life, no way can I learn patience.

It’s God who decides when we no longer sin but it’s a process where God gradually stops us from sinning, I see sin as a tool God uses to mold us, shape us and change us. Sin is evil and evil is like Ray said, its like the scaffolding around a building and when the building is complete the scaffolding is discarded.

As I learn to hate sin and because I’m a sinner I start to hate my life because the very thing I do, I hate to do and long to do what I would like to do. How can one love their life is they hate what they do with their life?

Thanks for your reply my brother in Christ.  ;)

dave

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 03:49:10 PM »

Much.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.