bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you think before you speak?  (Read 3804 times)

Rinus

Do you think before you speak?
« on: December 26, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »

Ola my Brothers and Sisters, Fathers and Mothers.

"This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com."

Comment:
After reading this forum rule i would like to share what I'm learning from Ray's teachings.

Reading Ray's material, i' have realized that we are in the business of words.  I'm learning(very very very slowly) how to choose my words, because i see that's what Ray does so well.  I see we tend to argue/debate/give opinions amongst ourselves on the forum without thinking before we speak type.  I mean, i saw a forum member call a moderator an 'unbeliever', and i thought wooooow, that's dangerous!Isn't that what the detractors used to call Ray?

So since then, I've been trying to choose my words when i talk to members of the forum, especially when i disagree with them.  I mean who knows who you could be calling a name?Could it be a disciple of Christ?One who'll make it in the end? After all, were we not warned by the forum rules not to name call?Even our Master warned us about name calling a brother.How's that for a 2nd witness to the above rule by the moderators. Do you think its a coincidence that the moderators made a rule of no name calling?

So all this, words this, words that, that I've been thinking about, got me asking questions that you could consider.

Since our Master said,"everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken."

1. Do you think before you speak type?
2. Does the "everyone" Christ speaks of include me as well, even if i believe these truths?
3. Will "every empty word" spoken on the forum be taken into account?

I pray that God be patient with us.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:20:49 PM by Rinus »

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Do you think before you speak?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 02:53:26 PM »

Ola my Brothers and Sisters, Fathers and Mothers.

"This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com."

Comment:
After reading this forum rule i would like to share what I'm learning from Ray's teachings.

Reading Ray's material, i' have realized that we are in the business of words.  I'm learning(very very very slowly) how to choose my words, because i see that's what Ray does so well.  I see we tend to argue/debate/give opinions amongst ourselves on the forum without thinking before we speak type.  I mean, i saw a forum member call a moderator an 'unbeliever', and i thought wooooow, that's dangerous!Isn't that what the detractors used to call Ray?

So since then, I've been trying to choose my words when i talk to members of the forum, especially when i disagree with them.  I mean who knows who you could be calling a name?Could it be a disciple of Christ?One who'll make it in the end? After all, were we not warned by the forum rules not to name call?Even our Master warned us about name calling a brother.How's that for a 2nd witness to the above rule by the moderators. Do you think its a coincidence that the moderators made a rule of no name calling?

So all this, words this, words that, that I've been thinking about, got me asking questions that you could consider.

Since our Master said,"everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken."

1. Do you think before you speak type?
2. Does the "everyone" Christ speaks of include me as well, even if i believe these truths?
3. Will "every empty word" spoken on the forum be taken into account?

I pray that God be patient with us.

Hi Rhinus,

I'm sure the vast majority of posters think before they type. You have to understand that this forum has had many wolves in sheep's clothing and those who try and divide the flock. I know for myself that I am vigilant and watchful for such types as it has happened. It can be damaging to those less learned and unstable who are just coming to these truths. I was reminded though by another like minded individual that we cannot protect everyone and that the internet is a wide and vast place where those who come here will still be subjected to these wolves and detractors on other sites. So its entirely up to God to keep His flock and this brings me comfort when encountering such situations knowing that those who are the Lord's cannot be lost.

I firmly believe that everything we say we'll be held accountable for even our own thoughts ("lusting after a woman") makes us as guilty as one who has committed adultery.

With all this said, and I am speaking now purely of myself, my intentions are good as God leads me but my attempts may not always be perfect when trying to walk the fine line between exposing the wolves as they come in and gently bringing wisdom to a brother or sister who is in need.

I'm not sure if this answers any of your original post but its what I felt lead to say seeing as no one has entertained your inquiries.

In Christ,
Alex

P.S. The moderators are very good at making these forums a place of refuge and growth for the body but even they can only see and do so much so it helps when those who are more learned can speak up. It can be overwhelming and difficult seeing as this forum has such a high turn over rate of new comers  and such a diverse background of people (all with their own unique experiences, backgrounds, and doctrines of the church they are trying to unlearn). Though again, God will keep those who are His and the elect cannot be lost.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:04:20 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.