bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: admonitions from members  (Read 4077 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
admonitions from members
« on: January 10, 2015, 01:25:48 PM »

There are many good and valid reasons why we need moderators and for them I am thankful. However should we not consider the reason we do respond humanly to the hurts we feel??

Pro 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Sometimes it is beneficial to have our private understanding placed under the light of examination by our friends who write in blunt terms.

Blunt is not bad, it just saves a lot of writing and needs to have other writing between the lines which writing "the reader" must supply.

I know of my own experience that I would not seriously consider another persons view point if I was not motivated by curiosity or by a little pique of my ego. I often begin a helpful study of scripture when a forum "friend" dares to question what I have stated. Kat is my personal favorite  :)

Perhaps we become just a little too sensitive of loving admonition when we have come to believe that our sincere thoughts are based upon a leading from God through Lord Jesus. Most if not all are being led to participate on this forum, but God teaches in TINY steps the sons He loves and this approach of God to our learning encourages the development of patience through "long suffering".

The thing to remember is that Lord Jesus leads our thinking very gradually, allowing us time to catch up and to notice that some of the best improvements in our understanding comes "only" with prayer and fasting.
So we need to be especially careful to not lean toward our own understanding, but to examine ourselves against scripture. Even though we have reason to think that we are called to be able to see some of the secret things (musterion) of God that have been hidden from all others in ages past and from most even today.

No correction is welcome at first, but will lead to growth in grace and knowledge, which thing we all need and seek after.

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Kindly offered, Indiana Bob

rick

Re: admonitions from members
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »

Hi Bob,

The first part of Pro 27:5 seems to standout when one’s belief or thoughts are contrary to another on the forum even though it’s within the realm of Ray’s writings. It’s like Ray said, first the physical then the spiritual. 

I agree there are many good and valid reasons why we need moderators, yet I’m perplex as to why some treads are lock that would bring forth a wealth of understanding if otherwise not lock.

Do all moderates consult with one another concerning the locking of a thread or is it a single moderators decision ?

The good thing is whatever happens on this forum cannot take away the truth from the writings of L. Ray. Smith.  :)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 02:56:02 PM »

Do all moderates consult with one another concerning the locking of a thread or is it a single moderators decision ?

Depends on the thread. Sometimes we talk about it and sometimes it's obvious and needs no discussion.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:58:22 AM »

Hi Bob, I will say I think it is a wonderful thing to have this forum and I consider it a privilege to post here.  I take it very seriously what I say, because I know full well that I am being held accountable.

I do believe that this place is provided so that believers can come together and learn from one another. We all have varying life experiences that we draw on for the understanding that we have and so my perspective can be very different than somebody else's. Therefore you can provide me with valuable info that I do not have in these discussions. That's what I think makes this so enriching, is we are all contributing a wealth of info to one another.

But we cannot ignore that there can be an element that we need to be careful of, we should not think that it's okay to believe whatever we here, even in this place. We mods are vigilant, but we have to be very certain before we lock/ban somebody from posting here.

2Co 11:12  But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
v. 13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.

Mat 7:15  "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
v. 16  You will know them by their fruits.

Now I realize that we have only the words that somebody posts to know them by, but their spirit can come right through the fruit of their words. The anonymity we have here seem to let people open up with what they say and that can be very revealing.

So we should look at the fruit of the spirit of all who come in here. Just because a person is here does not mean they understand truth, it does takes many years of study to begin to recognize/discern error. I certainly have learned a great deal since I have been here, and have had to see the error of my own thinking plenty of times. We have to cling to the Scripture for our understanding.

We are united here because we were all drawn together by a man's teaching. Ray provided for us a modern day link to all these incredible truths in the Scripture. The truth is certainly not antiquated, but the NT was written 2000 years ago and times have changed and Bibles are mistranslated as well. Ray did a marvelously job of bridging that gap... he is a modern day elect we can look to, just remember that his writing are not Scripture. But he did provide us with an incredible amount of instruction that gives us the help we need to recognize the errors of translation and the article 'Twelve God-Given Truths To Understanding His Word' shows us how to study and find the truth of Scripture. What a blessing we have been given.

I think we live in unparalleled times and what we have been given here (unlike any other time since the Apostles, that we know of) is a place for believers to assemble and learn. The knowledge that we have available to us is so incredible, the internet has made this possible and given believers a means to unity and study from all around the world. I tell you it makes me wonder...

Rom 13:10  Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
v. 11  Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:28:13 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.