bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lack of online responses dilemma  (Read 7190 times)

acomplishedartis

Lack of online responses dilemma
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:28:23 AM »

I found these somewhere, and I wrote it down. I thought it had some value:

"Lack of online responses dilemma"

* It's all Okay, but there is nothing more to say

* It's all nonsense, no need to waste energy even pointing something out

* It's never read (for whatever reason)

* It's not clear, it just can't be understood easily

* It's of no importance - no body cares

* It's overwhelming, a good reply would take a lot and everybody lacks the time

* It's interesting but, no body feel qualified to comment

* Replying well would commit one to great additional work so nobody wants to be involved

Ha, just to put things in perspective, before we make any fast assumptions. This is how things work and we need to deal with it.

Even waiting for emails replies is more complicated than what it seems on the surface...

acomplishedartis

Re: Lack of online responses dilemma
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:42:03 AM »

* the internet shuted down

wat

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:27:43 AM »

lol, I've experienced every one of these.

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 11:21:45 AM »

Most people do not have the attention span to give thoughtful replies. There are various causes for this, but I think technology is the biggest factor. Many children born after the year 2000 or so do not know what it's like to wait--they have been brought up on text messaging, social media, instant news, high speed Internet, etc. Everything is moving fast, fast, fast, now, now now. This makes people too lazy to read something that is more than a few lines.

I'm only 30 years old but I remember very well writing letters to friends, and waiting a whole week (!) to hear back. And we did not e-mail/text during the week, to say "Did you get my letter?" "Got it, will write back soon," etc. Nope, I just had to wait in silence for a whole week. Can you believe it? I still prefer that method of communication, even today. But nobody else wants to write letters. It's much easier to just send a text message.  ::)

I'm reading a biography of U.S. Grant, the 18th U.S. President. In his younger days he traveled across several states on a train, and to his astonishment, they averaged 8 mph, and got as high as 12! He marveled at this, and wrote that he thought the pinnacle of speedy transportation had been reached. (It took about two weeks to arrive at his destination.) Now, people get frustrated and impatient if they get stuck behind somebody going only 55 mph on the highway.

Everything today is faster than ever: our transportation, our communication, our news...everything is faster, but we never have enough time.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 01:57:46 PM »

What a great post Jesse. I'm only four years younger than yourself but I can't remember writing letters for the life of me. I still have a hard time sending out mail. :< haha.

I remember getting a cell phone when I was around sixteen or seventeen years old. I never looked back! Text messages and emails for the win!

I also remember playing games where my mind was constantly stimulated with fast flashing lights, explosions, colors, etc.... I needed stimulation. Things have really changed for me since then, thank God. I'm not as addicted as I used to be to that constant stimulation and I read ALOT more than I used to! :)

Personally, I love writing and discussing things online with everyone but I think sometimes the forums goes through a dry spell. We usually become active when new members come around seeking answers and asking good questions. I found some cool stuff in my own personal studies but I didn't want to make a new post every time I found something fascinating... so I don't. lol.

Just as an example:

1 Samuel 15:22

22 And Samuel said,
“Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
    as in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
    and to hearken than the fat of rams.

What came to mind when reading this was Ray's paper on worship which is obedience. This is a thousand times more important to God than all the physical rituals, singing songs, etc...

I thought it was cool to see that theme here in this little interaction. Anyhoo, there is more than just this but like I said, I didn't feel like starting a new thread every time I noticed something neat in scripture.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »

I found these somewhere, and I wrote it down. I thought it had some value:

"Lack of online responses dilemma"

* It's all Okay, but there is nothing more to say

* It's all nonsense, no need to waste energy even pointing something out

* It's never read (for whatever reason)

* It's not clear, it just can't be understood easily

* It's of no importance - no body cares

* It's overwhelming, a good reply would take a lot and everybody lacks the time

* It's interesting but, no body feel qualified to comment

* Replying well would commit one to great additional work so nobody wants to be involved

Ha, just to put things in perspective, before we make any fast assumptions. This is how things work and we need to deal with it.

Even waiting for emails replies is more complicated than what it seems on the surface...

Hi Moises,

A lot of those observations listed seem to denote a less than positive attitude, mixed with a lack of willingness to put forth effort. Here's what I think...

It does takes some effort to continue a conversation with somebody you don't know well, but to have a friend is worth it.

If it seems like nonsense, maybe it should be shown why... for the safe of the mislead person.

It takes a little effort to carefully read and consider what somebody is trying to say and even asking questions to better understand. Something may turn out to be more important than you first thought it was.and you may need to read a lot of not really important stuff before you come to something of value.

If there's too much to it, than break it down and take a little at a time.

Anybody can become qualified to some degree, because there is a wealth of information on the internet at our disposal.

You get as much out of something as you put into it.

Matt 7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Pro 2:4  If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures;
v. 5  Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, And find the knowledge of God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »

Daniel 12:4
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Who would have guessed in 1950, at the end of WW2, that almost everyone on earth [with a cell phone] would be able to SEE what was happening in Jerusalem when Lord Jesus returns to rule. Rev. 11:9 (maybe)

Indiana Bob, just speculating

Most people do not have the attention span to give thoughtful replies. There are various causes for this, but I think technology is the biggest factor. Many children born after the year 2000 or so do not know what it's like to wait--they have been brought up on text messaging, social media, instant news, high speed Internet, etc. Everything is moving fast, fast, fast, now, now now. This makes people too lazy to read something that is more than a few lines.

I'm only 30 years old but I remember very well writing letters to friends, and waiting a whole week (!) to hear back. And we did not e-mail/text during the week, to say "Did you get my letter?" "Got it, will write back soon," etc. Nope, I just had to wait in silence for a whole week. Can you believe it? I still prefer that method of communication, even today. But nobody else wants to write letters. It's much easier to just send a text message.  ::)

I'm reading a biography of U.S. Grant, the 18th U.S. President. In his younger days he traveled across several states on a train, and to his astonishment, they averaged 8 mph, and got as high as 12! He marveled at this, and wrote that he thought the pinnacle of speedy transportation had been reached. (It took about two weeks to arrive at his destination.) Now, people get frustrated and impatient if they get stuck behind somebody going only 55 mph on the highway.

Everything today is faster than ever: our transportation, our communication, our news...everything is faster, but we never have enough time.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 10:24:08 PM »

Daniel 12:4
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Who would have guessed in 1950, at the end of WW2, that almost everyone on earth [with a cell phone] would be able to SEE what was happening in Jerusalem when Lord Jesus returns to rule. Rev. 11:9 (maybe)

Indiana Bob, just speculating

Hi Bob, no need for a cell phone at His appearing.

Luke 21:25-27  "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Rev 1:7  Behold, He is coming with clouds, and EVERY eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

I don't know how He will do it, but I have no doubt in the truth of it... every eye on earth will see Him coming in the most amazing and spectacular heavenly display in human history.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 12:06:27 AM »

Sigh... but how long oh Lord?!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 02:47:43 PM »

Hi Alex,

Well Christ did give us a parable concerning when He would return, that I find very interesting.

Mat 24:30  Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
v. 31  And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
v. 32  "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
v. 33  So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors!

Mark 13:26  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
v. 27  And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.
v. 28  "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
v. 29  So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it is near—at the doors!

Luke 21:25  "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
v. 26  men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
v. 27  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
v. 28  Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
v. 29  Then He spoke to them a parable: "Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.
v. 30  When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near.
v. 31  So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.
v. 32  Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

So He gives us a parable from the fig tree... that's what we have to use to find the symbolism. So what could the symbols be representing? Could the fig tree be the kingdom of God?

Mat 13:31  Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field,
v. 32  which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches."

Maybe in this case the branch is Christ... from which the "leaves" are put forth?

Rev 22:2  In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Well that's just what I've looked at about this...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 06:06:58 PM »

1Co 15:12  Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13  But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14  And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:15  Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
1Co 15:16  For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
1Co 15:17  And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

1Co 15:18  Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

1Co 15:19  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
1Co 15:20  But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Kat

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 08:00:12 PM »

Hi Bob,

Here's a couple more passages that relate to that verse you pointed out.

1Thess 4:13  But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
v. 14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
v. 15  For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
v. 13  Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.' " "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."

John 5:25  Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.

John 5:28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
v. 29  and come forth— those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

Just thought this might add more to what you are saying.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 01:32:29 AM »

Hi Alex,

Well Christ did give us a parable concerning when He would return, that I find very interesting.

Mat 24:30  Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
v. 31  And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
v. 32  "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
v. 33  So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors!

Mark 13:26  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
v. 27  And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.
v. 28  "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
v. 29  So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it is near—at the doors!

Luke 21:25  "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
v. 26  men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
v. 27  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
v. 28  Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
v. 29  Then He spoke to them a parable: "Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.
v. 30  When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near.
v. 31  So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.
v. 32  Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

So He gives us a parable from the fig tree... that's what we have to use to find the symbolism. So what could the symbols be representing? Could the fig tree be the kingdom of God?

Mat 13:31  Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field,
v. 32  which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches."

Maybe in this case the branch is Christ... from which the "leaves" are put forth?

Rev 22:2  In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Well that's just what I've looked at about this...

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Always very interesting Kat. Though in one parable Christ refers to us as being the branches and himself the vine though I suppose here we are talking about a fig tree and not a vine?

Kat

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 11:41:15 AM »

Hi Alex, that's the thing about parables, the symbols do not necessarily carry over from one to the other, or it would not be such a mystery.

There are many symbols for Christ in the Scripture, here's a few.

John 15:1  "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser

1Peter 2:7  So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, "The Stone that the builders rejected has become the Cornerstone,"
v. 8  and "A Stone of stumbling, and a Rock of offense." They stumble because they disobey the Word, as they were destined to do.

Eph 2:20  having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief Cornerstone,

Rev 5:5  And one of the elders said to me, "Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals."

Luke 1:69  and has raised up a Horn of salvation for us in the house of His servant David,

Gal 3:19  What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made;

John 10:9  I am the Door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 

John 6:35  And Jesus said to them, "I am the Bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

Zec 3:8  Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, you and your friends who sit before you, for they are men who are a sign: behold, I will bring My servant the Branch.

Jer 23:5  Behold, the days come, says Jehovah, that I will raise to David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and act wisely, and shall do judgment and justice in the earth.

These last 2 you will find interesting.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:35:23 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.