bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Proverb for the salvation of All  (Read 4674 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Random Proverb for the salvation of All
« on: January 31, 2015, 03:16:55 PM »

I stumbled across this today and it spoke to me the salvation of all. I thought i'd add it here since I don't think I've seen anyone share this before.

Proverbs14: 28  In the multitude of a people, is the majesty of the king, but, in the ceasing of population, is the ruin of the prince. (Rotherham's)

When I see majesty, I think Glory. When I think of multitude of people I think of all of humanity. When I see King, I think of the King of Kings. When I see Ceasing population, I think of God losing most of His creation for all eternity in hellfire. When I think of ruin, I think of shame or destruction. When I see Prince, I see Jesus.

I think this verse loudly proclaims the creation will not cease to the ruin of the prince by the majority of it being lost for all eternity but rather that through the salvation of all will the glory and majesty of God be.

Here is my spiritual match that comes to mind:

Philippians 2:11 "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, TO THE GLORY [not to His shame or ruin] of God the Father."

Here is how several other translations translate that proverbs:

Proverbs 14:28 In a multitude of people is a king's honor, Yet in a limit of the population is a chancellor's dismay. (CLV)

Proverbs 14:28 In the multitude of people is the king's glory; But in the want of people is the destruction of the prince. (ASV)

Proverbs 14:28 In the multitude of people is the king's glory: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince. (RV)

Proverbs 14:28  In a multitude of people is the glory of a king, but without people a prince is ruined. (ESV)

Pro 14:28  In the multitude of people is the king's honour: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince. (KJV)

Thoughts? Feel free to agree or disagree. Its how I see it atm and felt like sharing.

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:21:24 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

acomplishedartis

Re: Random Proverb for the salvation of All
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 04:23:01 PM »

Hi Alex

Seems like a good finding!

Close to that verse is this one

In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.  (Prov.14:26)

For me, thinking that most of God's creation are going to be lust and tortured forever is not fearing (respecting) God's Power at all.

Believing in God's promise and capacity give us strong confidence, a [spiritual] place of refuge...

wat

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »

I like that phrase "a multitude of people." A long time ago my dad wrote a book using that title. He got it from Gen. 28:3.

"And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people"

The book lists every person named in the bible, with a short description of each. He never got it published though.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »

Hi Alex

Seems like a good finding!

Close to that verse is this one

In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.  (Prov.14:26)

For me, thinking that most of God's creation are going to be lust and tortured forever is not fearing (respecting) God's Power at all.

Believing in God's promise and capacity give us strong confidence, a [spiritual] place of refuge...

Very good Moises! I agree, believing He will lose His creation is not respecting His power!

I always found it interesting that Fearing the Lord was:

Proverbs 8:13-14 "The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength."

That's a good find too loc! Makes me think of the promise God gave to Abraham, that in his seed would all nations be blessed! :)

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 10:58:41 AM »

Speaking of God's promise to Abraham, here is something cool I learned a couple weeks ago:

Acts 3:25-26--"it is you who are the sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with your fathers, saying to Abraham 'in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed'. for you first, God raised up his servant, and sent him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways."

Peter says that being blessed is to "turn from your wicked ways". If all the families of the earth shall be blessed, then ALL WILL TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.