bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving the forum information at home  (Read 5002 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Saving the forum information at home
« on: February 04, 2015, 09:50:52 PM »

Hi friends,

Since we depend so much on internet exchange of information should we be concerned with what may be done to restrict our communication in future?

Quote in part:
"...On November 10th, 2014, President Obama called on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to re-classify the Internet as a public utility. He proposed dusting off a law that’s nearly 80 years old (and about unrelated technology) and using it to give the Federal Government power to police the Internet."

This is not about "party politics" since both Democrats and Republicans are afraid of sincere Christians and what may be taught that would cause citizens to distrust their representatives.

For me personally, I think that I should download as much as possible onto my own personal hard drive or save it in print while the information is yet available without censorship. Or am I over reacting?

Any comments would be appreciated.
Indianabob

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Saving the forum information at home
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 10:13:22 PM »

I think having a copy is always good. I have copy of the audios so don' t have to go online to listen.

Also ain't no politician going to stop God's will  ;)

Rhys
🤫

Doug

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:35 PM »

Bob, Verizon and AT&T will immediately start fighting this in court. It will be tied up for years. Also the Republican Congress is planning on trying to stop but there is always a veto waiting any action they take. Bottom line it will be some time before anything happens. It is all going to be ultimately God's intention. One thing I'm trying to avoid is the what if's in life.

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:43:00 PM »

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the reply. I see your point about the what ifs in life, but isn't that how we got to Bible-Truths in the first place?
If God hadn't stimulated questions or doubts in my mind I probably would have remained satisfied with the accepted beliefs that had been given to me in my former Worldwide COG congregation. I was fairly well satisfied for 30 years and had many friends with whom I had discussed amicably all the "false" doctrines that WCG had taught until the day my wife challenged me. By the way my wife Doris is a real and true gift of God for her wisdom and great patience with me these 54 years. She was my first gift from God, fresh from High School.

Anyway, my main point would seem to be that we who are among the elect, potentially anyway, should not avoid certain questions about human nature and God's nature as long as we don't let ego get in the way of shedding light on the matter. And by the way I'm not referring to doctrine, just daily living. But perhaps this is a topic for private communication between those who are better acquainted among the forum membership.
I won't press the issue, but welcome private comments.

Indiana Bob

Doug

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 09:10:05 AM »

Hi Bob, I too was a long time member of WCG. What an eye opener when God revealed the truth about them.
My response was more due to changes I need to make. Since my early teens I worried (feared) the Great Tribulation. For the next 45 years or so this consumed me as well as world events. After coming to a very bad point in my life I begged God to show me a church to attend and get my life on track. God led me here. It has taken 2 plus years to just begin to let go. So this was just another issue where instead of worry I was simply turning over to God and putting all trust in Him. Believe me at the drop of a hat I can be right in there with you concerned about this issue plus a million more. I always enjoy your writing.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 11:37:27 AM »

Hi Bob,

Yeah I think this fear of coming tribulation is a holdover from what we were taught in WCG. They really hammered that fear home to us.

But now I have come to see that was a misunderstanding of what Scripture says, tribulation is going on for the elect now, as they strive to overcome the lust of the flesh in a corrupt world.

John 16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Rom 5:3  And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;

I know it's a good thing to prepare for the future, but not in a since of dread/fear of what is coming, that is a kind of fear instilled by WCG, we need to have our trust that God is going to provide.

Matt 6:25  "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

Matt 6:34  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I'm not saying don't save anything on a hard drive in case of a computer crash or something. But fearing about the future is not an attribute of the Spirit.

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
v. 23  gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

I believe God is going to do for His elect whatever they need, and that means providing all the understanding we need of Scripture by whatever means He wants... we are not or should not feel dependent on anything, but God.

Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
v. 6  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 01:13:52 PM »

Hi again Kat and Doug and Rhys
Thanks much for the helpful replies,
I think that there is somewhat missing from our conversation that I would like to add.

Is it not true that Ray Smith covered coming events in the world at the return of Lord Jesus?
Is it not true that there will be great changes affecting all people living on the planet at that time?
Changes such as converting war implements into farm implements and teaching God's truth to everyone.

Please note that I'm not referring to destruction of lands or people's lives. Everyone has to die by one means or another and at my advanced age fear of death is of little concern. I've already had terminal cancer and at this point I only fear the means of my own death. e.g. I hope they have enough morphine to control any pain that accompanies my last/final illness.

In reference to the fear of "coming tribulation" we have plenty of daily tribulation among the world's population today and it is not going to get any better until the Lord Jesus takes control. I do not worry about such things happening to me or my family. Que sera, sera. I'm more concerned with sharing my belief that it will be well with us because a loving God is in charge.

My only concern about storing data for our learning is that we don't know how long this society will continue and we do have to continue growing in grace and knowledge, each of us according to God's plan.

What interest me is that we consider the lessons from scripture that teach how God (God's elect) will deal with the millions of people who will remain alive on earth after Lord Jesus takes His seat on the throne of David.

To me there is nothing NEGATIVE about that curiosity or interest. People who have for years lived on manufactured food and never have seen a chicken lay an egg or a cow nurse it's calf will have to eat every day and someone will have to show them how it is obtained. OR God will have to provide "manna". In either case God is responsible and there needs to be a plan. Waiting in faith is fine for "us" but other folks are in effect as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to caring for themselves.

People will need houses or tents to live in and there may not be a "tent factory".
Water is stored in the earth and has to be dug out of the earth or dipped from a pure stream of rain water.
Are these daily living concerns of no interest to anyone else?
I'm not speaking of religious doctrines...
I'm just curious about what others think about future life on this planet when Satan is put away and we still have human nature to contend with.

Or are we saying that prophesied events in Isaiah and Matthew and Revelation are just parables?

Inquiring minds want to know. Kindly offered, Indiana Bob

John from Kentucky

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 03:15:44 PM »

The precise, exact details of life in the next age is not provided by the Scriptures.  Much information is in symbolic language that only the Spirit will reveal.

Our speculation is a waste of time because Jesus will make the final decisions.  If our speculation differs from what Jesus wants done---guess Who wins.

Right now, in this age, the age of the First Fruits (Pentecost), God's primary work is saving His Elect.  That is why Jesus said He did not pray for the World.  Their time has not yet come; their salvation is in the next age.

Judgment is now on the Church of the Living God.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 05:06:55 PM »

My only concern about storing data for our learning is that we don't know how long this society will continue and we do have to continue growing in grace and knowledge, each of us according to God's plan.

Hi Bob,

I thought of this scripture when you made the comments above:

Heb. 8:10 - "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." 

You see?  There is no need to fear or overreact to losing data or any bible study tools. If God has chosen you to be one of His Elect, He is changing your heart and teaching you righteousness NOW, and that cannot be lost.

Always remember, no matter what happens in this world, God will provide for His people. 8)

René

Kat

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 09:41:59 PM »

Hi Bob,

One thing that we have a abundance of right now is information... sometimes considered an information overload. We have available to us, via the internet, instruction on how to do just about anything, so that would be very useful for people to learn how to do new things. Then as it goes, there is no better teacher than experience and actually putting the hand to the plow, so to speak, is one way to get that experience.

Right now some don't work because of physical or mental disability, but if somebody really just doesn't want to work... well they don't and they have many resources to support them in not doing so. In the next age people will not be able to get away with that sort of thing, they can be healed and given jobs as well... so they will have no excuse. Paul taught the error of this kind of thing and I can see how that will be the way of things in the next age.

2Thess 3:10  For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.
v.11  For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies.
v. 12  Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.

I don't think we need to concern ourselves with how things will be taken care of in the next age, I am certain God has it all worked out, and it will all come off without a hitch. As you said He miraculously provided manna for the hundreds of thousands of Israelites in the wilderness, maybe He will do that again... but surely He can manage all the needs of the people that come up in the next age.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:39:54 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.