bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 10 Verses  (Read 7713 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Top 10 Verses
« on: February 08, 2015, 02:09:13 AM »

Hey Brothers and Sisters,

I've made a list of my Top 10 favorite Scriptures. As I look over these, I realize that all 10 of them relate directly to truths I learned on this site (salvation of all, sovereignty of God, etc.) It is amazing how much this website changed my life. I know we've had threads like this before, but I don't think it will hurt to have more. I hope nobody minds.  ;)

10. 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

9. John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world.

8. 1 Cor. 15:50 Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, neither does corruption inherit incorruption.

7. Proverbs 16:1 [The MESSAGE] Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has the last word.

6. Isa. 26:9 When thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

5. 1 Tim. 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, who will have all men be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

4. Isa. 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

3. Ps. 119:75  I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are righteous, and in faithfulness thou hast afflicted me.

2. Isa. 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end.

1. Col. 1:16-20 (CEV)
Everything was created by him,
everything in heaven
    and on earth,
everything seen and unseen,
including all forces
    and powers,
and all rulers
    and authorities.
All things were created
    by God’s Son,
and everything was made
    for him

17 God’s Son was before all else,
and by him everything
    is held together.
18 He is the head of his body,
    which is the church.
He is the very beginning,
the first to be raised
    from death,
so that he would be
    above all others.

19 God himself was pleased
    to live fully in his Son.
20 And God was pleased
    for him to make peace
by sacrificing his blood
    on the cross,
so that all beings in heaven
    and on earth
would be brought back to Go
d.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Top 10 Verses
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 09:23:07 AM »

Wonderful verses. I used them to help someone else out tonight  ;)

So I think they are always good to share

Rhys
🤫

Kat

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:06:07 AM »

Hi Jessie,

One of my favorite verses is this one.

Rev 22:17  And, the Spirit and the Bride, say—Come! and, he that heareth, let him say—Come! and, he that is athirst, let him come,—he that will, let him take of the water of life, freely.

And this one very much like it as well.

Isa 29:18  Therefore, in that day, shall the deaf hear the words of a book,—And out of gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see;

I just love those verses.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:03:40 PM by Kat »

Extol

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 01:24:18 AM »

Howdy Kat,

That Revelation verse is awesome. I remember in one of the audios (don't remember which) Ray was talking about how beautiful that verse is,  and how foolish that Christians don't believe it. They say once you die, it's too late. But the scripture says anyone thirsty may drink, and drink FREELY!

8)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 08:25:45 PM »

Found this one today and thought it was a good one. Ita another witness to the fact that judgement serves a righteouss and good purpose.

Isaiah 1:27  Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Mike Gagne

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 02:57:13 AM »

Hey Brother!  I just love this one, Revelation 1:17 (KJV)
[17] And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: ... I just know that Jesus has done this to me in my heart when I fell down before Him. Jesus the creator of everything has laid his hand upon me and told me to fear not.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 05:46:27 AM »

Love this one:

Isaiah58:11  And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

The waters do not fail no matter what you are going through..........Amen

Rhys
🤫

Extol

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 10:46:00 PM »

Love this one:

Isaiah58:11  And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

The waters do not fail no matter what you are going through..........Amen

Rhys

Hey Rhys,

Narrowly missing my Top 10 list was Song of Solomon 4:15--A fount of gardens, a well of living waters, and flowings from Lebanon.

I love that.

There are some excellent water verses in the Bible... 8)

dave

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 05:12:11 PM »

Job 14:7  For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:8  Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
Job 14:9  Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.

Extol

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 05:36:17 PM »

Another good one Micah! I like reading the Message, especially the poetic books. Here's that passage from the Message:

For a tree there is always hope.
 Chop it down and it still has a chance--
 its roots can put out fresh sprouts.
Even if its roots are old and gnarled,
 its stump long dormant,
At the first whiff of water it comes to life,
 buds and grows like a sapling.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
Rom 8:27  And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

I love the part in the second verse how it is His Spirit that intercedes to what is the will of God. Not the slightest bit of freewill there only God's will which is the only will that can be done.

Rhys
🤫

John from Kentucky

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 08:39:26 PM »

Another verse in support of the salvation of all.

Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD:
though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
they shall become like wool.
  Isa 1:18

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 09:21:50 PM »

I love this verse, even though it doesn't really have anything to do with the salvation of all. Still, I could totally picture the rallying to the sound of the trumpet happening!

Nehemiah 4:20 "Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!”

Isn't that awesome?! Our God will fight for us! :)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 09:32:35 PM »

I love this verse, even though it doesn't really have anything to do with the salvation of all. Still, I could totally picture the rallying to the sound of the trumpet happening!

Nehemiah 4:20 "Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!”

Awesome indeed. I think we can see salvation in this verse without stretching things too much. In 1 Corinthians 15 Paul talks about Christ putting all enemies under His feet, including the last enemy, Death. Death is swallowed up in victory. God is fighting for us, giving us the final victory over Death. When does this happen? At the last trumpet (1 Cor 15:52). 8)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 09:36:08 PM »

Awesome indeed. I think we can see salvation in this verse without stretching things too much. In 1 Corinthians 15 Paul talks about Christ putting all enemies under His feet, including the last enemy, Death. Death is swallowed up in victory. God is fighting for us, giving us the final victory over Death. When does this happen? At the last trumpet (1 Cor 15:52). 8)

Ah Jesse, You are on a roll my dear brother! You put it all together beautifully! A big amen to our victory in Christ!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 03:22:52 PM »

Psalm 66:3 Say unto God, How awesome art thou in thy works! Through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.
Psalm 66:4 All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.

1 Corinthians 15:24-28  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:26:07 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Gina

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 06:01:50 PM »

Peter 2

1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.

3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

19 They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved.

20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.

21 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them.

22  What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”

1 Tim 3:

1 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.

2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,

3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good,

4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

6 For among them are those who creep into households and capture  weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions,

7 always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth.

8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith.

9 But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:04:22 PM by Gina »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.