bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do the sisters in Christ feel about this?  (Read 4871 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
How do the sisters in Christ feel about this?
« on: February 14, 2015, 01:06:09 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/04/bible-women-words_n_6608282.html

So this article is apparently about a woman who did some research with some of her friends at church about the number of words in the bible spoken by women. Its apparently 1.1% of the entire bible.

I was curious how my dear sisters with the spirit of Christ feel on this topic? In our day in age where everything is about "equality," things like this really stir up peoples' emotions. If you don't believe me, read the comments on this article. They are very charged and I think that is putting it nicely.

As a member of the opposite sex, I would say that a woman's destiny is far more important than the amount of words a woman spoke in the scriptures. I'm thinking of ray's study on the destiny of a woman and the fact that women are heirs together in Christ:

1 Peter 3:6-7 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:15-17

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

I'm curious dear sisters. :)

God bless,
Alex
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:14:56 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

Re: How do the sisters in Christ feel about this?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 02:22:06 PM »

Well it is what it is. I don't think it's so much about the position a person holds, but how they deal with the circumstances that they are confronted with, what character they show. When more is given, more is expected... if you are given authority over others, then you will be judged by how you used it. And of course how you submit to authority.

Luke 12:48  ...Much is required from the person to whom much is given; much more is required from the person to whom much more is given.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 01:22:22 AM »

Great topic,

Perhaps we should ask the question; which is easier or less troubling to handle? The wife having to go to another human for permission or approval for some action or the husband having to go to Christ for a similar approval and counsel?

The woman who needs to counsel with her husband over some of life's activities is conferring with a fallible human that she hopes will handle the situation in righteousness, but she can see him and touch him and influence his approval. And if personality problems do arise she can appeal to a higher authority in the person of Lord Jesus by petitioning in prayer.

The husband, the male leader in the home has as his chief adviser the wife who loves and cares for him and if questions remain he must go to Lord Jesus for his sense of direction and for counsel on the matter in question for there is no higher authority available.

Now of course the male as well as his wife has available the counsel of God's spirit or Christ's spirit as comforter/intercessor, but there is no human to which the male can appeal to absolve him of the responsibility for his decision and consequent actions, he must trust his conscience and his relationship with Christ for guidance.

The wife on the other hand can choose to cooperate with her husbands advice and counsel and having a proper, righteous attitude about the situation thereby ease her concerns as to the result whether good or bad.

When a wife obeys her husband in faith and trust in God's methods she has the peace of mind that comes from that trust.

Of course the comments above may not apply unless they both are true believers.

The spouse of an unbelieving spouse has a different challenge to deal with.

My comments above are not very well expressed and I would appreciate any needed correction.

Has Ray Smith written on this topic?

Indiana Bob

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 01:53:22 AM »

...be swift to hear, and slow to speak...

claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 02:58:35 AM »

...be swift to hear, and slow to speak...

claudia

Pretty good Claudia! I like that!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

bob

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 07:41:46 AM »

Indiana Bob said -- "My comments above are not very well expressed and I would appreciate any needed correction."
The only correction needed in my oponion is that I think your comments are expressed very well. Being on both sides of this coin, this has been our  experience. After 13 years together, our marriage was about to end  in divorce. After 42 years following what you have written, My wife Sue and I agree you are spot on.  Bob, Florida

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 03:48:04 PM »

Thanks for your reply,
Like you my understanding took many years to mature.
Been married now 54 years and even though my better half doesn't participate on forums or study scripture the way we do, she is aware of my understanding and we discuss it regularly without any difficulty. She has been a blessing all along even though it took me a while to appreciate that she was a gift from God for my life.  :)

p.s. care to say where you live and work?

Indiana Bob, Retired at age 70 in Plymouth, IN

bob

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 04:35:29 PM »

My wife just asked me are we looking in a mirror? Already sent P.M. I am 75 years old, Married 55 years this July  :) :)Retired, Oviedo Florida.

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »

Speaking of similarities,, I understand that you folks are expecting a freeze warning tonight.
Sorry about that. We on the other hand are having a balmy -10 with flakey precipitation forecast.
Wish I could be there or maybe even better with my cousin in Boca Raton, low +40.
Hope you have your solar panel operating.  8) 8) (smile)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.