bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for our family  (Read 3969 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayer for our family
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »

Hi my Brothers and Sisters, I need prayer for my family, especially my husband Charles. My husband has PTSD really, really bad, and he scares me sometimes. I have been with him for almost 20 years now and he has never tried to hurt me in any way, but the time he was taking Morphine, then he tried to kill me in his sleep. He was having a nightmare and he grabbed me in the throat, but as soon as I woke him up, he let go and he never took those pills again.  Charles was a medic in the Vet. Nam. war in 67-68 and he is having a hard time as the days of war gets closer for our land. He is getting ready for it.   I fear for him and for us.  I pray that God opens his eyes to his truth, so that he don't have to be afraid anymore. I don't fear what is ahead for us, because I know that God is in control and their is nothing we can do to stop what is going to happen, but Charles can't sleep, He thinks it is his job to protect us from harm, but we all know that can't be if thousands of military people come knocking at our door. Right? So, I am asking all of you to pray for my Charles, that God's will be done in him. I know this is long and I have not used any paragraphs to seperate anything, I'm just typing what is on my heart to my Spiritual family.

Thank you All, Virginia Miller

lilitalienboi16

Re: Prayer for our family
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 02:53:31 PM »

Hi my Brothers and Sisters, I need prayer for my family, especially my husband Charles. My husband has PTSD really, really bad, and he scares me sometimes. I have been with him for almost 20 years now and he has never tried to hurt me in any way, but the time he was taking Morphine, then he tried to kill me in his sleep. He was having a nightmare and he grabbed me in the throat, but as soon as I woke him up, he let go and he never took those pills again.  Charles was a medic in the Vet. Nam. war in 67-68 and he is having a hard time as the days of war gets closer for our land. He is getting ready for it.   I fear for him and for us.  I pray that God opens his eyes to his truth, so that he don't have to be afraid anymore. I don't fear what is ahead for us, because I know that God is in control and their is nothing we can do to stop what is going to happen, but Charles can't sleep, He thinks it is his job to protect us from harm, but we all know that can't be if thousands of military people come knocking at our door. Right? So, I am asking all of you to pray for my Charles, that God's will be done in him. I know this is long and I have not used any paragraphs to seperate anything, I'm just typing what is on my heart to my Spiritual family.

Thank you All, Virginia Miller

Hi Virginia,

Will keep your family in my prayers. Try not to worry. I know its easier said than done. God is faithful and He is with us, no matter what He has planned to come our way. We are His people. He will not forget His promises.

With love,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 03:51:23 PM »

Thank you brother, I needed that.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 04:32:31 PM »

Prayers for you

Rhys
🤫

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »

May Gods will be done in Charles life.  God has a plan and purpose.  This is all for his glory so continue to trust in the great and mighty I AM dear sister.  Love you.

virginiabm

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 07:52:08 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers. By the way, my Sons are doing good. Keep them in your prayers as well.
May The God of Glory bless each and everyone of you.

Virginia

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 05:31:22 AM »

i'm sorry virginia, that your charles suffers so.  has he seen any type of therapist, or outreach program for vets?  i pray God's mercy and protection will cover you both.

claudia

virginiabm

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 09:05:19 AM »

Sister Claudia, yes Charles takes all kinds of meds for his illness,but it seems he is getting worse instead of better. When we first came into the faith of the Sabbath,  Charles stopped taking his meds for over ten years, he would not even take aspirin for a headache. I talked him into take BP meds, because his bP went up so high, after that, he went on all his other meds that he was taking before.
    He is getting help from the veterans Hospital. They are trying to help him. Anyway, just keep us in your prayers and I know God will work it out. I love you.

Virginia

Kat

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 07:39:55 PM »

Hi Virginia, sorry to hear your husband is in a state of such distress, but if we listen to the rhetoric of the world we certainly can develop irrational fears. Watching the news reports with all the conspiracy theories and war mongering is enough to make anybody fearful... we need to just break away from that invading our minds with their propaganda, just turn the tv off of that stuff.

It is hard enough just dealing with what we have to in our lives, much less taking on all the possibilities of what could happen. That is why Jesus taught us...

Mat 6:34  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

This is just causing him undue anxiety about something that may never come to pass in his lifetime anyway.

I will pray that your husband can find peace from all the stress he is feeling and you both can have a sense of comfort in spite of this unsettling world.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:13:03 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.