bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Kings, chapter 13  (Read 3819 times)

Wordsmaker

1 Kings, chapter 13
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:26:35 PM »

Hi,

It's been awhile since I've been over here.  I've been reading through 1 Kings and I'm wondering if any of you know whether Ray did any teachings on 1 Kings 13 the whole chapter, or even part of it.  I'm wondering about the story in there about the 2 prophets and what that represents?  If any of you know anything about that I'd sure like to know.

Thanks,

carl

Kat

Re: 1 Kings, chapter 13
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 12:15:20 AM »

Hi Carl, welcome to the forum. I could not find anywhere that Ray even mentioned that chapter.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Wordsmaker

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 12:18:42 PM »

Thanks Kat, I appreciate you getting back with me, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »

Hi Carl,

I found some of my own thoughts on this that I can share. I will put them in no particular order. I will simply share the verses of scripture that came to mind upon reading these things concerning the "Man of God."

[1] Regarding the eating of bread

Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Mark 8:15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.

Matthew 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

[2] Concerning going back the way you came:

Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Genesis 19:26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

[3] The prophet lied to him:

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Jeremiah 14:14 Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.

1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

[4] The Lion slay's him (Only have this one witness on the lion and the devil):

1 Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

These are some of the thoughts that came to mind. Maybe they will help with what you are looking for. l also think of this account as what Jesus said about living by the sword and perishing to it. The Word of God is sharper than any two edge sword. It is a sword.

God bless,
Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.